Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all, can you please recommend a post-op bra post lift without implants? Thank you!

A lot depends on cup size and how much you want to spend. Panache is good. Juno. Freya. In the end, good fit is what's most important, and that is the same for an A cup or a J cup. I suggest measuring yourself so you know your size and not rely on a sale's person. 80-90% of women wear the wrong size bra.

1. The center front of your bra (the gore) lies flat against your breastbone.
2. The underwire (if your bra has it) sits behind your breast tissue and not on top of it, ensuring full support.
3. There is no spillage over your cups whatsoever--back band, arm pits, top.
4. The bra's band lies level across your chest and back; it doesn't ride up.

Also, the breasts should be supported by the band and not the straps.

Here are some good links. (Note, tech. NSFW because of drawings and in video, woman wearing her bra.)

Classify Your Breasts

and best fitting video I've ever found

Bra Fitting 101

@@songsmith thanks for all that info! :D

Thanks so much for all that good information! I apologize that I wasn't more clear. I meant immediately post op. Thanks.

I had a lift two weeks ago. The doctor put me in a bra immediately after surgery. I was told to wear it until 1 week post op visit then I could go to fruit of the Loom sports bra from Walmart with front eye and hook closure.

I had a lift two weeks ago. The doctor put me in a bra immediately after surgery. I was told to wear it until 1 week post op visit then I could go to fruit of the Loom sports bra from Walmart with front eye and hook closure.

Thanks so much! What brand was the original post op bra? And how did you know what size to buy?

The post op bra doesn't have a tag in it. They just asked me my band size and I woke up after surgery with it on. Sorry I'm not more help. Most plastic surgeons supply garment for immediately after surgery. They supplied me a binder for the 360 lift also.

Ok went for my 2 week check up today and got them to give me another bra like my post op one. Here is the picture of the package. Hope it helps. post-213005-14520113021013_thumb.jpg

I had implant with my lift but that's the same bra they gave me.

As for down the road, I love my wacoal bras...they are pricey, but once you know what size you wear and what style you like you can often find previous seasons new at Ross/TJMaxx/Marshalls and also on eBay.

I also woke up from lift/implants with one like that. I rather like it - super comfortable.

Ok went for my 2 week check up today and got them to give me another bra like my post op one. Here is the picture of the package. Hope it helps. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1452011301.072277.jpg

I am commenting to follow this post, just interested to hear the different recommendations. I had a lift/augmentation 8 days ago and came home in a hideous bra and did not fit and made my breasts look like cones. As soon as I could remove it to shower (day 2), I put on a Jockey sport bra that I absolutely love, but am ready for a change. At my post-op appointment yesterday, the surgeon said I could transfer to a regular bra, but no underwire for another three weeks.

So, when I was at the mall yesterday, I swung through Macy's and tried on a few, but I think a combination of being tired and still sore, was not really into it. I would like to look again this weekend because I just feel so confined in a sports bra and I have to be careful with the shirts I wear because the straps are closer to my neck versus sitting on my shoulders. Best of luck to everyone and happy bra shopping!

Ok went for my 2 week check up today and got them to give me another bra like my post op one. Here is the picture of the package. Hope it helps. attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1452011301.072277.jpg

That was so kind of you to do - thank you!

I had a post-surgical bra that I paid like $50 for. It was itchy and hot and I hated it. I had randomly picked up the 2 pack of blue and green hook and loop closure cotton bras from Walmart the week before and I spent everyday during recovery in those and didn't use the stupid surgical one after the first day. I still wear them at home because they are super comfy, there is no underwire, and after surgery you can't lift your arms very high so the front closure is perfect. Also they were like $8, so had I known I would like them so much I would have purchased a few more. My doctor also told me I could just wrap ace bandages around my chest like the way they sent me home after surgery, but I wasn't a fan of that either, lol.

I had a post-surgical bra that I paid like $50 for. It was itchy and hot and I hated it. I had randomly picked up the 2 pack of blue and green hook and loop closure cotton bras from Walmart the week before and I spent everyday during recovery in those and didn't use the stupid surgical one after the first day. I still wear them at home because they are super comfy, there is no underwire, and after surgery you can't lift your arms very high so the front closure is perfect. Also they were like $8, so had I known I would like them so much I would have purchased a few more. My doctor also told me I could just wrap ace bandages around my chest like the way they sent me home after surgery, but I wasn't a fan of that either, lol.

So did you buy them in the size that the surgeon had told you that you would be postoperatively?

@@BethinPA post op you're typically better off in bras that are sized S:M:L or at least just by inches (32/34:36) instead of specific band:cup size. The doctor can't accurately predict your post op size and the swelling is variable.