Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What was your experience with Liposuction?

I am up 3 pounds since pre lipo/surgery. My swelling has come down alot and I think the compression garments help immensely. I have been drinking tons of Water and upped Protein and told to basically be on bed rest. I formed a hemotoma / clot on the right essentially the same night as the procedure. That legs swelled huge and they treated it aggressively while I was there. I flew.home yesterday and expected an uptick in swelling but so far so good.

I am disappointed with how much time I have been asked to take off work so curious @@MichiganChic what your care routine is...comparing notes.

I had Lipo under my chin. It was a quick procedure under local anesthesia, but I was surprised at the discomfort later. I didn't expect to feel much pain since it's such a small area, but it took a long time to heal and it was bruised for weeks and lumpy for months. The swelling took a year to go down. I remember thinking a day or two after surgery that my body really hated me for doing this to it. It wasn't painful so much as uncomfortable with all the swelling right around your throat. Made me feel a little claustrophobic. I had one of those necks that looked like I swallowed a small animal, so it was definitely worth it. I didn't get the perfect chin/jawline afterwards, but it's definitely improved.

Edit: My profile picture is months after chin lipo. It's a little deceptive in that it's the only pic where my neck/jaw look that good. Of course, that's why I love that image. :)

Edited by careya123

@@CowgirlJane I was off for a week (10 days, since I had the procedure on a Friday). I have the compression garment, which is actually pretty nice. It's Marena, and I'm wearing it in the picture in this this thread. I agree that it helps with swelling to the surgical area, and it also reduces discomfort. I was required to wear it for two weeks, but found I couldn't sleep without it comfortably until last night, which is a few days beyond the two week mark.

So, I went back to work last week, (desk job) and was definitely moving slow, couldn't take the stairs due to swelling/tightness. I only had one pair of pants that fit, and probably could have used one more week off. This is my second week back, and I'm back to taking the steps, still wearing the compression garment, and feeling better in general. Not many of pants fit still.

I probably could have taken more time, but I hate to do that to the people who report to me, and I hate to do it to my boss. I've only worked there 2 and half years and this is my 5th surgery (3 plastics, and 2 other minor procedures). I was at my last job 30 years, and other than kids, was only off to have the sleeve. So, if that's not an issue for you, don't rush back. I'm tired in general, and I think this stuff is really taxing on our bodies. How long do they want you to be off?

I am still bruised, though I would say its more than 50% better. I am still up at least 10 pounds. While the compression garment is good for local swelling, it makes distal swelling worse. Last night my ankles and feet were huge. The amount of lip I had was really traumatic to my body, and it's revolting, lol. My doc said six months for the swelling to go away completely, and maybe as long as 2 years. Lucky you that your swelling seems to be minimal!

How are you feeling?

WOW, MichiganChic, I'm fascinated by this thread. I'm thinking some form of PS/lipo will be needed a couple years down the line, and I, too, am a mega sweller (was up 10+lbs Water weight after each uneventful delivery of kids.) This is all good information to know but a major bummer about the swelling. Yikes!

Please keep updating, because your legs really do look good, even so soon after surgery and swollen.

Ok thanks, I find the marena compression garments help and my swelling is now way down.

@@CowgirlJane I was off for a week (10 days, since I had the procedure on a Friday). I have the compression garment, which is actually pretty nice. It's Marena, and I'm wearing it in the picture in this this thread. I agree that it helps with swelling to the surgical area, and it also reduces discomfort. I was required to wear it for two weeks, but found I couldn't sleep without it comfortably until last night, which is a few days beyond the two week mark.

So, I went back to work last week, (desk job) and was definitely moving slow, couldn't take the stairs due to swelling/tightness. I only had one pair of pants that fit, and probably could have used one more week off. This is my second week back, and I'm back to taking the steps, still wearing the compression garment, and feeling better in general. Not many of pants fit still.

I probably could have taken more time, but I hate to do that to the people who report to me, and I hate to do it to my boss. I've only worked there 2 and half years and this is my 5th surgery (3 plastics, and 2 other minor procedures). I was at my last job 30 years, and other than kids, was only off to have the sleeve. So, if that's not an issue for you, don't rush back. I'm tired in general, and I think this stuff is really taxing on our bodies. How long do they want you to be off?

I am still bruised, though I would say its more than 50% better. I am still up at least 10 pounds. While the compression garment is good for local swelling, it makes distal swelling worse. Last night my ankles and feet were huge. The amount of lip I had was really traumatic to my body, and it's revolting, lol. My doc said six months for the swelling to go away completely, and maybe as long as 2 years. Lucky you that your swelling seems to be minimal!

How are you feeling?

A family friend told me that I need to stop having surgeries because it is too taxing for the people around me. This is someone who hasn't had to do anything for me for any of my surgeries! But I think the whole process is rough on us physically and mentally. It sure isn't the same as a 2 week vacation!

@@BethinPA it most certainly does not resemble a vacation! Even after feeling mostly better and getting back to my usual ADL, I do feel like I'm dragging for months. It makes me look tired......and I look in the mirror, and think "I need a facelift!" haha!!

Ok thanks, I find the marena compression garments help and my swelling is now way down.

Lucky you!! How long will you be off?

I need to go back next week, so that will be two weeks. My Lipo wasn't as extensive but I had more than that done too. Anyway, I am doing better and really resting is making a difference.

Yes, I think rest is undervalued these days:)

So glad you are feeling better. Can you see any difference/improvement yet?

When I look at the photos I see a big difference, I am still not sure this was worth it.... maybe when I am no longer all shades of purple and. Yellow I will be more objective.

Has anyone tried Vaser ?

I had a friend who has it done and after 3 days (long weekend) she was back to work and ok. She did wear her compression garments for the required length of time.

Vaser.com

I need to go back next week, so that will be two weeks. My Lipo wasn't as extensive but I had more than that done too. Anyway, I am doing better and really resting is making a difference.

Hi Jane what else did you have done ?

I am still a little swollen an have some bruising still, and its been over 5 weeks. For me, even though its far from perfect, it was really worth it not to have those freakish hips! How is your healing coming?

When I look at the photos I see a big difference, I am still not sure this was worth it.... maybe when I am no longer all shades of purple and. Yellow I will be more objective.

I am glad you ladies are recovering nicely. I have been thinking about going back to get a little more "work" done on me.