Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself to all this who have boldly gone before me. I'm Sara. 38 and single. Sleeved on 11/11/15. Starting weight and size was 297 and a tight 24. I'm now almost 8 weeks post op and down to 249 and a size 18! I'm so excited to be in this journey and so excited to find all of you! My only regret is not doing this years ago. It's amazing! I feel great already just 46 lbs down that I can't imagine what it's going to be like when I hit goal!! I can't wait to share this journey with all of you! And as soon as I figure out how to add some pics I will! ???? Stay healthy and Keep smiling Loves!

Hey everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself to all this who have boldly gone before me. I'm Sara. 38 and single. Sleeved on 11/11/15. Starting weight and size was 297 and a tight 24. I'm now almost 8 weeks post op and down to 249 and a size 18! I'm so excited to be in this journey and so excited to find all of you! My only regret is not doing this years ago. It's amazing! I feel great already just 46 lbs down that I can't imagine what it's going to be like when I hit goal!! I can't wait to share this journey with all of you! And as soon as I figure out how to add some pics I will! ???? Stay healthy and Keep smiling Loves!

Welcome goddess977! Great job!

Sent from my Android

Congratulations!! I'm going in for my sleeve tomorrow morning at 9 AM. Very pumped!! And, still nervous lol. Any suggestions you may have would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks!!

So excited for you newjrsy!!! You will not regret it. As far as the surgery...here was my list to take with me...

For Surgery:

GasX strips

G2 clear gatoraid

Carmex

Robe

Baby wipes

Extra panties

Comfy sports bra

Diffuser and oils

Change of clothes

Toiletries

Biggest thing you need to prepare for is the gas pain. It truly is the only bad part. It will radiate through your upper body, chest and back. There's no pain meds or gasx that will help, just walk as much as possible and breathe through it. It took me about a week before it was all gone.

Don't get discouraged after about fluids and Proteins just take baby steps and do all you can. We are here for you!

Thank you so much for the list and the words of encouragement! I'm about 10 hours away and due in the hospital in 8 hours.... I'm anxious but feel ready.

Just try and get some rest. Enjoy being waited on in the hospital and while you recover for a few weeks. After that, it's just you and your sleeve headed to a whole new life!

Hi everyone! 2 days post op and just came back home this afternoon. The surgery went as well as expected, in addition to the sleeve, my hiatal hernia was fixed. I've been suffering from acid reflux and hopefully, this will help it. Gas pains were/are the worst. I'm also having a difficult time getting liquids down because of the air bubbles in my esophagus. It has been very discouraging and annoying. Today, I am doing better than yesterday.

So excited for you newjrsy!!! You will not regret it. As far as the surgery...here was my list to take with me...

For Surgery:

GasX strips

G2 clear gatoraid

Carmex

Robe

Baby wipes

Extra panties

Comfy sports bra

Diffuser and oils

Change of clothes

Toiletries

Biggest thing you need to prepare for is the gas pain. It truly is the only bad part. It will radiate through your upper body, chest and back. There's no pain meds or gasx that will help, just walk as much as possible and breathe through it. It took me about a week before it was all gone.

Don't get discouraged after about fluids and Proteins just take baby steps and do all you can. We are here for you!

Diffuser and oils.. I had not thought of that. Were they helpful?