Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just curious, I notice people have surgery date October and December. why are they so far out? Is it due to insurance require the physician supervised weight loss. It just seems like a long time to wait with anticipation. I have just had my initial consult on 12/23. There are many medical test that I decided to push to 2016... to push meeting my annual deductible cap in 2016. At what point do you get a surgery date?

I got my surgery date as soon as I finished my 6 months of nut and everything I then made an appointment with surgeon on a Friday and on Monday they submitted to insurance and Wed I was approved and given my surgery date..... But I've heard of some getting there surgery date before their approval....I have to wait till Feb... But that's cuz my surgeon is booked out....some people may becash pay though

When I met my surgeon he said see you in 9 months...I was like SERIOUSLY?!? So my 6 month wait for instance then an extra 3 months?!?! That's crazy however I hope it's before that as I will be done in May 16 and don't wanna have to wait till Aug 16 to get this. I'm ready to do it already lol

I had my initial appt. on 11/11/15, approval 2.5 weeks later, and scheduled for tomorrow, 1/5/16 -- could've gotten in last week, but I chose to wait until 2016. So, in total, it will have taken less than 8 weeks (that included 2 major holidays) for me from start to surgery and could've been done in 7. I think it all depends on the surgeon/clinic and the insurance requirements. I had originally contacted 2 surgeons. The one I went with got me in and all tests done within a few days of my phone call. The other one took 3 weeks to confirm my insurance and return my original call -- I already had a planned surgery date with the other guy by then!

I had my initial appt. on 11/11/15, approval 2.5 weeks later, and scheduled for tomorrow, 1/5/16 -- could've gotten in last week, but I chose to wait until 2016. So, in total, it will have taken less than 8 weeks (that included 2 major holidays) for me from start to surgery and could've been done in 7. I think it all depends on the surgeon/clinic and the insurance requirements. I had originally contacted 2 surgeons. The one I went with got me in and all tests done within a few days of my phone call. The other one took 3 weeks to confirm my insurance and return my original call -- I already had a planned surgery date with the other guy by then!

that's so soon! Good luck to you!

Finally got my date!!!!! So excited!!!! February 1st!!!!!!

Wow! that is fast...I know I have to do 4 month supervised weight loss before I can get approval but I am happy for some adjustment time but I would like to have the surgery by end of June to allow recover time before I have a vacation "Road trip" planned. Nice thing with road trip...I can pack the car with plenty of grocery supplies.

Hey Megpie, maybe you and I can be Sleeve Sisters, my surgery has been moved to March 1st

My surgeons office is backed up. I won't have my surgery until March 9th, 2016. Can't wait.

Just had my first appointment with the Dr. Have to wait till June for surgery. Meet with the dietician on the 26th of this month. My insurance requires a 5 month wait. That's ok since I teach and will have time to recover and adjusting before going back to work.

Where I live it's a 10 year wait. No joke. So needless to say I'm headed to Mexico!!

Edited by CanadaLoser

I am 6 days away. I have to be at the hospital Monday at 5:30