Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yes I'm gonna have my surgery...I can't allow anyone to take away something that I need

Hello everyone I have made my mind up I've cried a few times nd I'm gonna go thru with having the surgery I will b starting my liquid diet tomorrow morning at 7:00 am I thank everyone for their support nd advice that was giving to me nd I have came up with the conclusion that I can't let some one take my joy away from me... I've tried talking myself out of having the surgery but I no this is the best thing for me nd I can't worry about my fiancee nor my daughter right now I have to get myself together nd if they don't want to get in my wagon then I will leave them both in my rear view mirror while I'm waving bye I have so many health problems that going on with me nd I'm only 34 years old I've had so many mild strokes but this is belongs to me again thank u all so much everyone has turned on a light bulb for me in some type of way but it just hurts to see nd b with someone that suppose to b my backbone nd they not trying to help but in a few months he will b going thru the same thing nd I'm turning my back on his ass just to show him I can take care of myself.....I can't stop saying thank u all so much

Hello everyone I have made my mind up I've cried a few times nd I'm gonna go thru with having the surgery I will b starting my liquid diet tomorrow morning at 7:00 am I thank everyone for their support nd advice that was giving to me nd I have came up with the conclusion that I can't let some one take my joy away from me... I've tried talking myself out of having the surgery but I no this is the best thing for me nd I can't worry about my fiancee nor my daughter right now I have to get myself together nd if they don't want to get in my wagon then I will leave them both in my rear view mirror while I'm waving bye I have so many health problems that going on with me nd I'm only 34 years old I've had so many mild strokes but this is belongs to me again thank u all so much everyone has turned on a light bulb for me in some type of way but it just hurts to see nd b with someone that suppose to b my backbone nd they not trying to help but in a few months he will b going thru the same thing nd I'm turning my back on his ass just to show him I can take care of myself.....I can't stop saying thank u all so much

You go!!! Great choice!!!

so glad you made the choice to have the surgery. I was very concerned after your initial post as it seems you are dealing with a complete narcissist who is trying to manipulate you. You don't need that and more importantly, you don't have to tolerate that!

Here's a big hug for you. You're right -- you are a young woman and you owe it to yourself to be healthier and happier.

From what you said earlier, it sounds as though your daughter is on your side. She wants to see you as healthy and happy as you can be.

If you mean that your fiance will be having surgery later on, I'm surprised by what he said to you. Maybe he's worrying about making the changes for himself. It's common for people to worry about missing certain foods after surgery and having to change food choices in a big way. If you and he can work together and support each other, you'll both be much better off and much happier. Your daughter wants both her parents to be healthy and happy and probably would be happy to be your deputy to keep you both in line. Making it a family program may work very well for all of you.

I'm happy for you too. Sometimes we have to teach ourselves when it's ok to be selfish. This is a perfect time. You will be fine ( in all ways, girl ????????) you deserve it. Mini strokes are not something to take lightly. I wish you nothing but the best. I'm with you.

Yes he is having the surgery he has been going through this process for the past 5 years the first time I was scared for him so I didn't want him to go thru it...I guess bcuz I couldn't b there for him bcuz of our daughter..then the next time the surgeon went out of town, the third time was the exercise person told us that he needed to pay 75$ nd we didn't have the money at that time, the fourth time was bcuz of the psychiatrist..now in 2014 we both was gonna do it together we did everything except seen the exercise person bcuz I question everything why I am paying to see you nd I'm also giving u my insurance that means that she was trying to get paid double correct....(I think so)....we was suppose to had seen the psychologist nd I was in the hospital taking xrays nd every time she called my phone went to voicemail bcuz I didn't have any service in the basement of the hospital so when I got discharged from the hospital I called nd I explained to her that I was in the hospital....she told the surgeon that I was playing to many games nd I was a cancer to my fiancee so we didn't need the surgery at all...

so glad you made the choice to have the surgery. I was very concerned after your initial post as it seems you are dealing with a complete narcissist who is trying to manipulate you. You don't need that and more importantly, you don't have to tolerate that!

Yes I'm dealing with someone that's trying to act like he cares but I don't really believe in my heart that he cares anymore about me....my daughter came home yesterday nd I was telling her that I am going to need her help today which was yesterday nd the weekend but instead of her helping me she ran her little ass outside to b with her friends but its fine I'm not gonna worry about it bcuz I no what I need to do thank u so much

Edited by Mrs.A.Train

i get it. I've had mini strokes and I currently have diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnea and I just now was able to get off my cholesterol med by stopping the fast food. I have a long list of other weight related issues that are not life threatening but difficult to deal with everyday.

Glad you are putting yourself and your health first and doing what is right for you without letting others influence you!

Yes I'm dealing with someone that's trying to act like he cares but I don't really believe in my heart that he cares anymore about me....my daughter came home yesterday nd I was telling her that I am going to need her help today which was yesterday nd the weekend but instead of her helping me she ran her little ass outside to b with her friends but its fine I'm not gonna worry about it bcuz I no what I need to do thank u so much

i get it. I've had mini strokes and I currently have diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnea and I just now was able to get off my cholesterol med by stopping the fast food. I have a long list of other weight related issues that are not life threatening but difficult to deal with everyday.

Glad you are putting yourself and your health first and doing what is right for you without letting others influence you!

Yes that isn't anything to play with I start having stroke bac in 07 nd it has gotten worse over the years I'm a African American but I can sound like I'm a Jamaican then sometimes I can't walk a half block not in half of a half but I'm had to cry nd pray nd really read the comments that was left nd I prayed nd I asked God to lead me every step of the way nd ibalso asked him to relive what needs to be done

I'm happy for you too. Sometimes we have to teach ourselves when it's ok to be selfish. This is a perfect time. You will be fine ( in all ways, girl ????????) you deserve it. Mini strokes are not something to take lightly. I wish you nothing but the best. I'm with you.

Thank u so much I've been through so much nd its not getting any better so I really had to dig down inside of me after I prayed nd I had to ask myself if I wanted to live or die nd I'm not ready to die so this is the best thing for me....thank u so much....