Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Tina, I had my inverted gastric sleeve with Dr Kim 4 years ago this month. I lost 75lbs and have kept it off since then. I would highly recommend him and his practice. As mentioned by someone else on the post, he has several different programs depending on your insurance so I would give them a call to see what they can do for you. When I had my surgery it was in the hospital but I know he has his own surgery facility now. I've heard great things about it from other patients in our support group. The support group is one of the best benefits of having my surgery with him. We have a private FB page for just his patients and it is run by patients. We organize local events like going to 5Ks, going bowling, dancing, monthly breakfasts and dinners. I know you are in OK so it might be hard to do those things but we also have lots of online exercise challenges like last month we did a daily plank challenge and this month we have a Abs/Squats challenge. Some of the remote people on the page have even found other patients in their area and been able to arrange meet-up events. It is a very active group, friendly and non-judgmental. I see Dr Kim and his staff once a year for my checkups but I talk to my fellow patients every day and some of them have become like family.

Whatever you decide, I wish you the best! This is a scary decision at first but it was one of the best decisions of my life.

Best wishes,

JoAnn

You may also want to check the self-pay options with Dr. Scott Stowers at My Bariatric Solutions in Texas. He has offices in N. Fort Worth/Alliance and Decatur. He has a mobile unit and works with a lot of patients who travel in. (And he went to school in OK ????) http://mybariatricsolutions.com/dr-scott-stowers-bariatric-surgeon

I'm scheduled for surgery tomorrow, so I can't speak for that part of it yet, but Dr. Stowers and his staff have been timely, courteous, and have worked to streamline the whole process for me. Less than 8 weeks from initial appt. to surgery for me. Best of luck!

Edited by misi324

If one needed to stay the night do they have that option or do they close up shop at night? Because you did not stay overnight with an IV did you experience any dehydration? Sorry for so many questions but I really appreciate your answers.

I live in NW Arkansas, about 7 hours from Dallas; I traveled to Dr. Frenzel's Texarkana office for my initial visit, then scheduled the EGD test to determine if I had a Hiatal hernia, stayed the night at a motel and went home the next day. Four my sleeve my wife and I drove down the 27th, had the operation the 28th and was released the 29th. I rested that day and drove home the 30th. I had originally made reservations for two more nights but felt good enough to drive home...stopping every hour for a ten minute walk at the Dr's insistence I have read some coments about his staff not being up to par but my experience has been very good, in fact the agreed that my Post-op follow up.could be done over the phone as I have had no problems with meeting the Fluid and Protein goals each day. That saves me a 4.5 hour drive each way back down to Texarkana, thank goodness!

Hi, Tina, Dr Kim did my inverted sleeve 4 years ago. Hes a great doctor! He doesn't beat around the bush when it comes to your health. He cares about his patients and doesn't sugar coat anything. He is straight forward and I like that in a surgeon. His office was always so nice to me. I've lost 90 pounds and have kept it off. The after care support is amazing with support groups once a month you can watch online since you live so far away. There is also a private patient only Facebook support group that is very encouraging as well. We do lots of fun things together each month. The key to success is staying connected to a support system and to have WLS friends that used the same bariatric office makes a HUGE difference! They have a hiatal hernia program if you have insurance. Its a discount program. Give them a call. You will not regret it!

Hello my name is Tina and I live in Oklahoma. I am currently 359 pounds and in desperate need of surgery but my insurance refuses to cover the procedure. I am considering a self pay option with Dr. Kim in Texas. Has anyone had surgery with him and what was your experience. Any information will
Be most appreciated.

The facility has discounts with nearby hotels.

If one needed to stay the night do they have that option or do they close up shop at night? Because you did not stay overnight with an IV did you experience any dehydration? Sorry for so many questions but I really appreciate your answers.

Sorry I didn't realize I answered twice to this post haha Can you tell I really liked Dr Kim! lol

You may also want to check the self-pay options with Dr. Scott Stowers at My Bariatric Solutions in Texas. He has offices in N. Fort Worth/Alliance and Decatur. He has a mobile unit and works with a lot of patients who travel in. (And he went to school in OK ) http://mybariatricsolutions.com/dr-scott-stowers-bariatric-surgeon

I'm scheduled for surgery tomorrow, so I can't speak for that part of it yet, but Dr. Stowers and his staff have been timely, courteous, and have worked to streamline the whole process for me. Less than 8 weeks from initial appt. to surgery for me. Best of luck!

How did your surgery go?

I'm in Texarkana, So What I did I sent all my personal and insurance information to Dr's Kim Office and few days later they just sent me an email saying that my insurance don't cover the Surgery and that's it, I was like move to the side and Next!; anyway I was bumped and sad, And without knowing but talking about the situation one of my co-workers she had the surgery few years ago with Dr. Frenzel and He comes from Dallas to Texarkana, so I setup the appointment and the Dr. Very knowledgeable, friendly, well concerned about my health and my weight, staff members couldn't be more nicer, Insurance coordinator she informed me that my insurance does not cover the surgery but right there in the moment she gave me option, she validate alternatives, and one of them is doing a EDG test for a Hernia to see if needs to be repair and if needs to be repair they can go ahead and do the surgery to repair it (and its cover by the insurance) and They will do the gastric sleeve at the same time, for a out of pocket cash amount, which really isn't that bad in compare paying full price, so Im going to Dallas to get my tests done I'll be gone for the whole day Sept 6th. And see what is the verdict .. Prayers! Prayers! [emoji1373]

Edited by Sergio_TX

Have you contacted Dr Kirk at Bailey Medical in Owasso, Ok?

Sent from my SM-N920T using the BariatricPal App

Hope you don't get a large bill from them after your HH discount program. Insurances aren't paying for the HH repair anymore especially if you have an exclusion on your policy. They have found out bariatric surgery is being done at the same time.

I'm in Texarkana, So What I did I sent all my personal and insurance information to Dr's Kim Office and few days later they just sent me an email saying that my insurance don't cover the Surgery and that's it, I was like move to the side and Next!; anyway I was bumped and sad, And without knowing but talking about the situation one of my co-workers she had the surgery few years ago with Dr. Frenzel and He comes from Dallas to Texarkana, so I setup the appointment and the Dr. Very knowledgeable, friendly, well concerned about my health and my weight, staff members couldn't be more nicer, Insurance coordinator she informed me that my insurance does not cover the surgery but right there in the moment she gave me option, she validate alternatives, and one of them is doing a EDG test for a Hernia to see if needs to be repair and if needs to be repair they can go ahead and do the surgery to repair it (and its cover by the insurance) and They will do the gastric sleeve at the same time, for a out of pocket cash amount, which really isn't that bad in compare paying full price, so Im going to Dallas to get my tests done I'll be gone for the whole day Sept 6th. And see what is the verdict .. Prayers! Prayers!