Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Veterans....#1 thing you miss / don't miss

I miss: McDonald's! I used to love getting a Big Mac with extra Mac sauce on the side. I would take out the middle bun and slather on some of the sauce and eat that first. Then slather on the rest of the extra Mac sauce on the Big Mac and eat that with an order of French Fries a Large Diet Coke (mmmm) and an apple pie. It was the best!!! I haven't had any of those since my surgery.

I miss: all fast food. That means I have to cook. Crap. I am out of ideas of what to cook. So I guess I miss being able to eat anything.

I miss: having all food taste amazing. I have had chinese food since surgery and it really doesn't taste very good. Yes, I realize that is a good thing. lol

But the things I don't miss are even more important to me:

I don't miss: going to a restaurant and freaking out that the hostess was going to usher us to a booth that I wouldn't be able to fit in. And this almost always happened. Or, my friends would insist on a booth because they preferred that. I would be seething inside and humiliated when I didn't fit. I still cringe when I sit in a booth. I don't like them anyway, especially if I have to sit on the "inside".

I don't miss: my fat feet and fat legs. They were swollen due to edema. That's all gone now! But when I had it , it was horrible. It would take me a while to squeeze into my ugly shoes so the Fluid could work itself around and then bulge over the tops.

I don't miss: ugly shoes! I still can't wear really high heels but I can wear cute shoes with kitten heels and I love it!! It's amazing how hard it is to walk in heels while carrying all that weight.

I don't miss: wondering if I will need an extender on an airplane.

I don't miss: feeling like I a wearing a fat suit. It really felt like that.

I don't miss: not being able to move much.

I don't miss: acid reflux

I don't miss: so many more things!!!!! Not being able to cross my legs, not being able to get through small areas, and on and on.

And I'm still not at goal. So I only hope my list gets longer!

I miss just going out with friends out to eat and ordering whatever I want. What I don't miss I feeling like everyone is looking at me because of what I ate

I want to know why is it that when I am now in non plus size clothes, I only see clothes I want to wear in plus sizes. Or bigger sizes than what I would fit in.

I miss spicy food. I loved all of my foods hot and spicy.....now...not so much ????

I do not miss having to buy my clothes in the petite plus size section of the stores. Every single time I went to that section I though "I" was an oxymoron

Now I am a happy size 6/8 and still, or even more so, considered petite! I love it ????

What do I miss ??????? Hmmmmmm............. Well, I miss raw broccoli, General Tso's chicken with sweet and sour sauce over fried rice from our local Safeway deli and I wish I could eat more than 2 deeeeelicious heavenly coconut shrimp at a time ( from Red Lobster ) . Thats it. Nuthin 'else. ( And yes, some of my nice tush disappeared too !) I sure as hell DON'T miss "living my life on the sidelines " hated looking and feeling awful, tired, no energy, ugly big lady clothes, literally just not "living " , only existing ! Now ?? Lots of energy, health problems gone !!! love to participate in things without embaressment or worry, can go and do most anything, size 8 skinny jeans and other pretty clothes, hubby happy, people who think im attractive, the list goes on and on !!!!

What do I miss ??????? Hmmmmmm............. Well, I miss raw broccoli

I get stuck on raw broccoli now. No matter how thoroughly I chew it.

I am five and a half years out. I miss not feeling nauseous if I over eat or drink too soon after I have eaten. I definitely do not miss shopping for plus size. And I love being able to buy online and not having issues with the fit once they arrive.

I enjoyed reading every single post and I agree with so many of you on what I miss and don't miss.

I miss having full course meals. I still have such great restriction that I often only have enough room to have one food type (protein). I miss having a salad, entree and side when out at a restaurant.

I do not miss shopping for overpriced, ugly plus sized clothes. I don't miss how exhausting it was just to move my body. I can run for miles now and never feel as tired as I did pre-op.

I miss being able to eat a panini sandwich and ginger ale

Do not mix sweating all the time and being on the sidelines

I don't miss being out of breath on a short incline, running hot all the time, not knowing what clothes will fit this WEEK, feeling like I was huge, being self conscious in a crowd,

I guess I do miss knowing whatever I choose to eat will always agree with me.....

All in all ... Really good trade off

What I don't miss is the feeling of being trapped in an overweight unhealthy body that limited me so much in living an active and fun life.

What I do miss is being able to chug down Water. I was a huge Water drinker and even now at 20 months post op I really miss drinking water fast.

I was enjoying the unseasonably warm weather this weekend doing household maintenance chores. Ladder didn't creak, able to jump in and out of hot tub to get it all scrubbed out. It's amazing how 80 pounds of fat can really get in the way of all the little things. But when i thought about it, I picked up an 80 pound dumb bell at the gym and remembered I carried that around 24/7.

I still miss my hair. I will soon be 3 years out and my hair is just really starting to come back. I also miss tight skin - with over a 200 pound loss, I have a lot of skin issues. Of course, I had skin issues when I weighed over 300 pounds too. I would rather be on this side! I guess I also miss being warm - I live in Minnesota and without that nice 200 pound blanket I am cold most of the time!

The list of what I don't miss is so long that I could write a book! The biggest is that I don't miss being in constant pain. I don't miss feeling as though a knife was stabbing me in the knee when I walked down stairs. I don't miss having to wear a C-PAP machine to sleep. I don't miss prescription medications. I don't miss having to sit down after being on my feet for 10 minutes because my hurt so badly.

I LOVE being able to fully live my life and participate in ANY activity that I choose. I love that I can buy clothes at any store, ride any amusement park ride, go biking in the summer and cross country skiing in the winter. I LOVE being able to LIVE the life that was given to me!

It is hard to maintain, but I try to never loose site of where I have come from and just how much I DO NOT want to go back there!

Okay, here's my starter list....

Miss: ice cream

Don't miss: 1/2 gallon of ice cream

Miss: Brazilian allthemeatyoucanstuffintoyourface restaurants

Don't miss: fat-overs (like hang-overs from eating too much fatty food)

Miss: Cookies

Don't miss: a whole sleeve of Cookies

Miss: spicy BBQ potato chips

Don't miss: the whole bag

Miss: the first sip of Coke Zero

Don't miss: Coke Zero, I love my Crystal Light iced tea

Miss: Wheat thins on car trips

Don't miss: Wheat thins 'cause beef Jerky on car trips is even better!

Miss: after lunch snooze in my car

Don't Miss: the apnea that caused them

Miss: that last pig out before starting a new diet

Don't miss: starting a new diet every Monday (or every day) of my life

Truth be told, I don't really miss any of that stuff. This new life is waaaaaaay better!!!