Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I talked to my doc at my one month post-op about getting dizzy when going from squatting down to standing up..he said it was totally normal just to get up slower. They double checked my bp which was great and I am not on any bp meds. I haven't ever had issues with it. Well today, I made it from my bed into my master bedroom and without warning totally fell to the ground. I wouldn't say blacked out, b/c I didn't lose consciousness although I was woozy when I stood back up. Then this afternoon made it from my room going toward the kitchen and it almost happened again--I grabbed hold of a column thing we have in our house until it passed. It has gotten me a little scared b/c it comes on without warning while I'm in the middle of walking, not when I first stand up. Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks!

this has also happen to me I have a very normal B/P 110/70 but if I do not get in enough Fluid It drops I have gone as low as 60/40, causing the symptoms. not fun,what the Dr had mentioned is orthostatic hypotension,

Could it be low blood sugar if it is when you are first getting up from bed for the day and moving around?

I could see this morning be that...but the other times are just random when I get up from sitting...even if it isnt for an extended time....not sure!

Sound like it could also be a vasovagal response, something stressing you, even passing gas can cause it, I would keep a written log of everything you were doing right before it happens, keep a watch on try to keep track of time make sure your not passing out and haven't noticed, get a blood test

This happens to me all the time. I spoke to my surgeon and he said it was quite common and not to worry about it. He also suggested getting in more fluids and going slower as I move from sitting to standing etc.

Merry Christmas!

Thanks for posting this! My surgery is Monday....

I experienced that from the 3-5 week post-op times.

It was attributed to low blood sugar, low blood pressure and off course......low calorie intake.

It improved greatly once I cut my bp meds down and went over to real, chewable Protein.

I agree about the hydration. maybe sugars too. keep lot and see if there is a connection.

@@Dub you are up early! son like his jeep?

Are you sure you are getting enough fluids???

@@jane13

Getting coffe down the hatch......getting ready to head into work when I posted earlier. lunch break now. Some flavored tuna and smoked oysters. Not great, but what was stashed in my desk drawer.....forgot to bring some of yesterday's leftovers in.

Yes, thanks, he was really happy and so was I. Best Christmas I've ever had in many ways.

Same symptoms for me just 1 week out. I just assume it's a combo of low blood sugar, blood pressure, and just general fatigue from this huge traumatic surgery I went through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I experience this due to a blood pressure medication that I'm taking to control my Migraines. It makes my normal bp low and leaves me feeling dizzy when standing from being bent over or lying down. I just have to remind myself that I have to do it slower than I want. Usually passes quickly, just don't like the feeling.

I had the same thing happen to me pre-op with the bed making\passing out and that turned out to be the wrong BP meds. Post op, dizziness on standing (Orthostatic hypotension) started almost immediately (I was off the heavy BP meds by this point and reading normal BP in the office). When testing at home, it was low (below 80/50) after an episode. I was told to feed myself more, and increase my Water intake, adding electrolytes. These things helped and it resolved completely by the time my diet had normalized after a few months.