Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

From a thought to 2 years out

Hello fellow sleeves

This is my road that I traveled, my trip started in 2013. My sugar went out of control, my BP was uncontrolled on 5 medication. My port on my lapband was starting to bother me( yes lapband that I was never able to use due to the fact that it rubbed my outer stomach raw. I had come to the end of my road. Started on my trip I did all of required testing, than the insurance denied me for surgery. My doctor was very upset due to the fact that I was really hitting rock bottom. He called and spoke with the insurance and they approved my surgery. My date was schedule for August 20,2013. I was so excited. I was schedule for 3 pm my surgery went well and I was in my room by 8 pm after the recovery room. I was walking that night due to anesthesia rolling in my back. The surgery consisted of removing the lap band and port and having a sleeve done. First week home I rested. I was unable to keep down food with artificial sugar. So Protein in my diet came from meat and food. My first trip to the ER was 3 months later due to dehydration, than I had 2 more trips between November and March. I was still struggling with artificial sugar. In May my gall bladder had to come out. This was about the time I started feeling good. A set back not to bad. On my 2 week check up I had another gall bladder attack. Come to find out there was stones that was left and had to be removed. I was still not able to slow down. But after the last gall bladder attack I was willing to stop and sit. So I was finally on my way to recovery. I went from 285lbs pre surgery to my current weight of 135lbs. I wanted to stay at 160lbs but my body new best. So after my gall bladder was removed and the stones removed I was at 135lbs and over a year since that I am still at 135lbs. My health is great. My sugar is gone , my BP is under controlled with no meds. My eating is healthy and I am not eating to feel full. I am eating to be healthy. I am at 21/2 years out and I am loving the new me

Wow, you have had a rough time of it. It is so good to hear that you are doing well and sound happy with your success! Thank you so much for sharing your story.

@@lazerider - Thanks for sharing your amazing story.

Can you share a before and after picture, or some stats like clothes size or how tall you are, etc?

Wow! What at testimony! Thanks for sharing. Happy Holidays!

Sounds liek you had a much rougher road than most of us, but still ended up at your destination! Great job hanging in there and toughing out the hard times. And thank you for posting this to remind people who are currently experiencing a rough patch that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Great job and congrats! You are living wonderfully and a true inspiration. Thank you for posting.

Thank you for sharing your amazing story, it is a reminder to all of us the journeys we all are on. Sorry to hear you had a rough go at first but you look amazing and happy!

I am 5-5 went from size 18w or 20 down to size 4/6 or small. I have been at 135 for the last year and a half. And I would do it all over again

Wow you look great and happy.....its good to hear from someone that went from band to sleeve and is happy about the decision. I too had a lap band removed and was sleeved just on December 14th, 2015. So I am not too far out but I am still questioning my decision as I am still on the mushy foods stage. Hopefully I will have a happy ending too.

Just think about the good health that is coming your way. It has been a road of bumps but the light at the end is awesome. Just keep doing what you doing the pounds will leave and a new and improve you will shine

Thanks for the encouragement.....I hope you are right....I want those stubborn pounds to be gone for good!! What do u eat now on a typical day?