Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NSV - Shopping at a Regular Store

This is one of the greatest self motivators there is!!!! Keep up the great work!!!!

To add, I was able to get three sweaters plus a necklace and earrings for what I would have spent on one sweater with shipping before!

You know what I'm finding-- the clearances deals in the plus size section are far better then the clearances deals in the 'regular' section. Maybe stores try to rid themselves of that stuff faster??

Good for you!!!!!! yahoo, very overwhelming for me though. I just went to the Plus section for years, now Ihave all the normal sizes and sections to check out...lol. I am a shopper $$$ so is been hard but I'll take a size 14 over 18 any day.... :) :) :) :) :) :)

Not shopping in stores yet, but did just place an online order for some 3xl-tall shirts from Old Navy. Hoping those tide me over for at least a month or two as most of my 5xl and 4xl shirts look like circus tents on me right now.

Great feeling right there !!!!!!!!!

Well done.

I sure hope I never have to step foot in one of their stores again. Hideous clothing at ridiculous prices.

I just kicked Casual Male to the curb, too. Done.

Truth right there ^^^^^^^^^^

Very cool, Mrs ISG.....very cool indeed.

You are doing great and will continue to do great.

I just kicked Casual Male to the curb, too. Done. Getting into stuff available in regular stores is going to be fun.....Hell, I may even enjoy shopping. Always hated it before.

That's Ms. ISG, to you!

I dun goofed again.

It's tough when English isn't my primary language. Many goofs.

Still trying to figure out what my primary language actually is ?

Is Southernese a language ?

@@Inner Surfer Girl, you've been given credit for recognizing a universal NSV in one of them-there "status" thingies.

@@Dub, is that a new signature photo you put up there in the past few days? You're looking great. Maybe you can get away with the primary language question by claiming to be in Tbilisi, Georgia?

Edited by WLSResources/ClothingExch

Congratulations! I just went to Lane Bryant last night and had to buy their smallest size in a blazer and their smallest bra! I still have 53 lbs to goal so I know I won't be able to shop there anymore pretty soon! It's an awesome feeling!

Not shopping in stores yet, but did just place an online order for some 3xl-tall shirts from Old Navy. Hoping those tide me over for at least a month or two as most of my 5xl and 4xl shirts look like circus tents on me right now.

Great feeling right there !!!!!!!!!

Well done.

I sure hope I never have to step foot in one of their stores again. Hideous clothing at ridiculous prices.

I just kicked Casual Male to the curb, too. Done.

Truth right there ^^^^^^^^^^

Very cool, Mrs ISG.....very cool indeed.

You are doing great and will continue to do great.

I just kicked Casual Male to the curb, too. Done. Getting into stuff available in regular stores is going to be fun.....Hell, I may even enjoy shopping. Always hated it before.

That's Ms. ISG, to you!

I dun goofed again.

It's tough when English isn't my primary language. Many goofs.

Still trying to figure out what my primary language actually is ?

Is Southernese a language ?

yes! yes! yes! Southernese is a language if you are from North Carolina!!!

Yay!!!! Congratulations!!

Inner Surfer Girl and everyone else who had a similar NSV…congratulations! Being able to do those “normal” things that other people don’t even think about is just so wonderful. It makes life so much sweeter. And I bet you all look and feel fantastic in those smaller, more fashionable clothes!

Dub, Congratulations to you, too. As much as I love being smaller, though, I have to say I’ve never learned to love shopping. :) Enjoy it, though! You deserve it!

To add, I was able to get three sweaters plus a necklace and earrings for what I would have spent on one sweater with shipping before!

You know what I'm finding-- the clearances deals in the plus size section are far better then the clearances deals in the 'regular' section. Maybe stores try to rid themselves of that stuff faster??

I find overall prices to be cheaper in regular sizes myself.. no more $45 dollars for a shirt that looks ok.. I can get $10 shirts at target, and they look good.

It's such a great feeling to be able to shop in stores again! I had gotten so big that I was wearing a 5x and could only order from Roaman's or Woman Within. I can now wear a 14/16! Keep up the good work everyone!!

Congratulations on your NSV! I just reached a point where I can buy clothes in stores with a plus size dept and it's exciting! I've been reduced to buying online and accepting whatever could fit for so long, that it's now so much fun to go to Lane Byrant or Nordstroms and walk in and get to choose things that look good on me or make me feel good! :) I also just made it to zulily sizes 22/24 so now I have a new favorite online store. :) such a big change from the 32/34 I was wearing in July!