Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am so happy to meet you all. seems we all have very similar struggles. I have been very fortunate, i didn't have to sleep on my back, it never bothered me to sleep on my side.

When I start my Vitamins I am sure it will be a struggle. I dont feel too hungry or thirsty.

I have my post op tomorrow so I will find out when I start my mushy and Vitamins, hopefully mushy soon!

I hope everyone keeps in touch and posted on how things are going.

We can make our own 12/14 sleevers thread! I may just do that and then we can keep each other informed, keep a look out and come on in open to all!

I wish I could drink tea too! I miss it.

I was able to start smooshy foods today and have my post op tomorrow. I am supposed to start the Vitamins then. That multi Vitamin is HUGE, I know it's chewable but I think it will take me an hour to get it all in and I'm supposed to take 2 in a day!

Holidays- well everyone in my family knows about the surgery and I plan to take my own foods. I will be having refried Beans for Xmas dinner. I'm also taking some Jello and a shake since I'm normally at my folks all day. Same at my mother-in law's, just taking my own food that way I won't have to make anyone else find me something.

If no one else knows, you could say you just don't feel well and don't want to risk eating anything solid.

Just wanted to share. I had to bring lunch to a clients office today (28 giant sandwiches from (Jersey Mikes!). Ordered online and actually picked it up and in my car. It smelled so good and one of my fav sandwiches!! I thought it would be hell but honestly I really was not craving it once it was there and actually feel really good although not looking forward to the Protein drink I have in the fridge in my office. Lol.

A week ago if anyone would have said this was possible I would have bet the farm it wasn't.

That's my surgeons rules. Then one week late i go soft and by 1 26 i should be ready to try more solid food. However in my last if full bariatric liquids is Jello, pudding thinned cream of wheat, strained Soup and yogurt. The cream of wheat even strAINED seems like pureed to be. Haven't tried the yogurt yet. And straining creamed souolp, i did it once, way too much work i felt. But yesterday i had real chicken broth from crock pot chicken and that was awesome.

@@mrsail Mike, It was great to meat you today! We got this, Jersey Mike's and all!

Yes, nice to put faces together. One day at a time right :-), glad we got that xmas present today I cannot wait to have an egg lol...

Have a great Christmas

I was sleeved 12/14 too! My doctor allowed purée foods right away but need a Protein Shake every day to help me get to 60grams Protein goal. I feel great, just a little itchy. liquids gets easier every day. Can sleep ok on my side. Overall it's been much easier than I expected. Happy. Holidays!

TerraB,

Congratulations on everything going so well. I am so glad to hear it! My advice is to work super hard on hitting your Protein and Fluid goals, because that will help you keep feeling good. Eventually you’ll stop feeling good if you keep falling short. The swelling in your midsection can also be a sign of dehydration.

Good luck!

I was sleeved on 12/14 also.....I had a lap band on for 2 years and lost most of my weight, then it slipped so I had it removed for about a year. I started to gain some weight back so I decided to get sleeved. I am familiar to most of the routine as it was about the same as the band. I did liquid for 10 days then my doctor said to start purée soft foods. I tried eggs and I felt sick afterwards, so I'm not sure if I just don't like them anymore or? I still drink 2 Protein Shakes a day plus purée foods. I lost 10 pounds on the liquid phase but nothing since adding the purée. I know i don't need to lost that much as most people but I'm wondering if something is wrong or maybe i need to step up my physical activity.

I know there is a stall period in the beginning so I wonder if when we start giving out body something more than liquid to digest it take a while to get back in to a routine so then we stall?

Hi There,

My wife was sleeved on 12/28 and I wanted to see if anyone had some tips to help her out with food/calories? Her surgery was late in the day Monday and while she's been feeling better each day she's still not really eating (drinking) much of anything. She has a decent amount of Water a day and enjoyed a little watered down gatorade today but she hasn't been able to get more than one Protein drink down a day (20 to 25g of protein) and today did manage some Soup too but she's still only had probably 400 or so calories today which worries me some.

Any advice you could offer would be greatly appreciated. Rather than start a thread I figured I would post here since some stuff on here was useful already.

Hi There,

My wife was sleeved on 12/28 and I wanted to see if anyone had some tips to help her out with food/calories? Her surgery was late in the day Monday and while she's been feeling better each day she's still not really eating (drinking) much of anything. She has a decent amount of Water a day and enjoyed a little watered down gatorade today but she hasn't been able to get more than one Protein drink down a day (20 to 25g of protein) and today did manage some Soup too but she's still only had probably 400 or so calories today which worries me some.

Any advice you could offer would be greatly appreciated. Rather than start a thread I figured I would post here since some stuff on here was useful already.

I'll jump in here.

Don't worry about calories right now. Your wife needs to focus on doing everything she can to meet her Protein and Fluid targets. Dehydration can be extremely serious and fluids and protein are both critical for healing. She needs to sip, sip, sip, until she reaches her targets. sugar-free Popsicles and crushed ice also help with hydration. Fortunately, all fluids, including Protein shakes, count towards the Fluid target.

Hi There,

Calories aren't an issue right now. Just focus on getting plenty of fluids and Protein. #1 is fluids because it's easy to get dehydrated.