Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved on the 14th! Honestly, no big issues, no big pain! My biggest battle is getting Water and Protein intake!

I was the one who kept telling myself, oh I won't have a problem getting my Water intake, I drink 120oz daily. Yeah, right! I can barely consume 32oz right now. My Protein intake is ridiculous! I am lucky to get 30-40 a day. I am not losing super fast either, but it didn't help that TOM came for his visit two days ago.

I am wondering though, how long did you stay swollen? I still feel swollen in my mid area.

Hope everyone is doing well and getting along great!

Great job!!!!!!!! Glad no real pain to speak of!!!!! Don't worry, it will come. I am only five weeks out but vividly remember drinking sips from medicine cups. Man. It was hard getting anything down!!!!! Doc told me 32 oz of Fluid when I left hospital. Was tough to do. Now I'm at 64.

Glad you are doing so well!!

I was also sleeved on the 14th! I'm just sipping all day and trying not to focus so much on the specific numbers. An ounce or 2 of unsweetened apple juice really helps me every day. Miso Soup seems to be my favorite so far. I'm looking forward to trying purées.

I was sleeved on the 14th, too, and feel great!! You're right, the Water and Protein are all day projects! Not to mention the different Vitamin every two hours! Looking forward to purees! Keep up the awesome work!

I was also sleeved on the 14th.. No pain no issues except for in taking my Protein and water.. I do good with propel but plain Water is the worst. Can't wait for stage 2!

I was the 14th also, first few days it was hard to get enough Water and Protein drinks down. That lasted about 4 days then I have been fine with the Water but the Protein is an issue as I hate the drinks, just want something solid! Really not much pain, able to sleep any way I want to with no pain meds etc.

Started at 287 and down to 268 since pre op diet feel great just want some solid something...!!

So glad meeting fellow Dec. 14th sleevers!

I had my first great day with liquids today - 40 oz and 60g of Protein. I use the Isopure ready to drink protein and the cocotein. Can't handle the thickness of pre made Protein Shakes. Happy first week to everyone! I have lost 10 lb since the surgery. But was wondering how much do you guys walk? I have a fit bit if anyone wants to connect and motivate each other!

@TetraB

I am still swollen. But I also had my gallbladder removed and doc said it's gonna take me a little longer to recover. I have bigger incisions, 5 x 2 inches and one about 3 inches.

oh wow, thank you all so much for your replies and comments. I am so glad to have so many fellow sleeve birthdays along with me!

my doctor doesn't have me starting any Vitamins yet. They want you to get thru the first two weeks. Also they want me to worry more about Water intake. They feel that we as over weight people we have plenty of portion and vitamins stored. That's nice, not to worry about all of it straight of the gate.

I got sleeved on the 15th and I'm struggling with the Water intake as well. Plus the heartburn.

I think I start the Vitamins after tomorrow (I have to check my book) I'm worrying about Protein intake too. I was able to start smooshy foods today though, eggs and refried Beans, so I think that will start to help.

The shakes were starting to make me sick so the only way I can get them down is by making a smoothie, using the shake instead of milk. Ice, a little fruit, shake, maybe some yogurt and I can tolerate that.

I was also sleeved on the 14th! Every day is different. Generally I am feeling better but sometimes I'm just exhausted and the nausea gets me down. Vitamins have been the biggest struggle for me. I think my taste buds are just more sensitive now than before! I got some suggestions about the vitamins...especially if you're using the chewable tablet type like Bariatric Fusion. A friend of mine who had the surgery suggested crushing it up into warm Water or warm juice or something like that or if you're allowed to crush it up into some applesauce. He said this made the vitamins a lot more tolerable for him. I am trying to just chase them with a little bit of propel today. For me I don't have a whole lot of pain, just my main incision is a little bit achy. The worst thing for me at this point is not being able to sleep well-I have to sleep on my back still and I feel like I haven't slept in a week! Last night was the first time I felt like I might be able to start sleeping on my side but it just wasn't quite there yet. Glad to connect with so many of you that have the same timeline as me-looking forward to moving to the next phase of eating and some scrambled eggs and cottage cheese!

Sleeved on the 14th as well. Not doing good with Fluid intake. I do better with Jello and pudding. Im on full liquids until jan 12th. Finally can move around without feeling like im ripping apart. And now im just super bored at home. Im not sleeping well on my back either. Every morning i try my side but im just not ready yet either, it feels like its pulling and that my stomach is being squished in there. But ill keep trying.

Edited by Amy Wolfe

Sleeved on the 14th as well. Not doing good with Fluid intake. I do better with Jello and pudding. Im on full liquids until jan 12th. Finally can move around without feeling like im ripping apart. And now im just super bored at home. Im not sleeping well on my back either. Every morning i try my side but im just not ready yet either, it feels like its pulling and that my stomach is being squished in there. But ill keep trying.[/quote

Liquids all the way until the 12th???? Why so long???

Edited by pezzypooh

Hello from another 12/14 sleever! I am struggling with Water. Just.Don't.Like.It. Tea should count...and being from the south sweet is basically the only option (lol), but I've adjusted ok with that. What I'm struggling with, besides Water, is crushing pills and opening capsules. There should just be all liquid options for everything. I can't stop taking any of my pre-op meds, so that's my option. I did brew some hot tea this morning, added a smidge of honey and dissolved my non-liquid meds in a medicine cup. Went down better but not the best.

On top of it all, I ended up with an infection at my drain site - wasn't found until I had it removed yesterday. So once that is under control I should be a-ok. All I want is some scrambled eggs...

Hello. I was sleeved 12/14 to! I am happy to meet all of you. It is going ok. I am so bored with my liquid diet! I get to try puréed on 12/29. So my question for all of you is how are planning to deal with the Holidays? I have kids and in-laws so they can't be avoided. And only my hubby really knows what is going on. What are your plans to "deal" with the Holidays?