Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone, I am 2 months post op and I feel great. I have lost almost 40lbs since surgery. I wanted to know what everyone's exercise routine is. I walk a bit and I know I should do more but I feel like there's not enough time in the day. I need to hear what people do and how often for a push. Thanks for any input I get!

G'day @@lizag234

Congrats on your effort and loss thus far...

I'm ten months out and down just over 200 pounds (down from around 560) and exercise five days a week...

I do cardio and weights just about every day..

Walking still sux for me - I don't think I'll ever enjoy it - so I do my cardio on an exercise bike...

Or a rower...

Anything that doesn't smash my dodgy knee up...

I'd suggest you go and see a personal trainer somewhere close to where you live...

I'm not saying you should commit to a gym membership or any such thing...

But if you talk to one or two (or more!!) professionals in the field then you're likely to get some really useful information which can be tailored to your specific abilities and needs...

Good luck with it...

And keep us updated!!!

I am 6 weeks post op and didnt work out twice bc i was really sick. But i work out every day 3- 4 miles on the treadmill and use dumbells slowly increasing the number on each hand. For example today i went shopping literally alllll day went to about 20 stores, got back home at 7 pm and still worked out an hour and weights. I have lost 30 lbs.

Walking, ride my bike and yoga right now, but in the summer I swim like 6 days a week and ride my bike to get to the community pool. Love swimming!

I made up a walking playlist so I have songs that are fast paced and really great for getting the heartrate up, and then one or two songs slower paced before the next round of fast walking... it's more fun that way. :)

I really really love the Couch to 5k program and highly recommend it. When I first started it, I was just doing this thing where I would "run" (really slow jog) for one minute then walk for four minutes and repeat that cycle over the course of a half hour. But by the time I finished C25k, I was able to "run" for 35 minutes straight! It is truly amazing. There are apps available if you have a smart phone, otherwise you can just get the workout schedule online.

I either walk for an hour everyday, swim laps or 1hr of cardio at the gym.

I am not allowed to do weight machines until 3 months post op which is very soon but I just try to stay as active as possible

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I am up to week 6 of C25k. I am 11 weeks post op and still 60lbs away from my HWR. I am fortunate that my knees are in good condition considering how much weight I have been carrying around.

I am really shocked that I am able to keep up with the program. The first week was so hard, those sixty seconds seemed to go on forever. In just six weeks I have so much more stamina. Running will be a breeze with another 60lbs gone!

OP I would really recommend C25K. Without the program there is no way I would push myself so hard.