Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My 1 MONTH Post-Op Progress Report

Things have changed fairly rapidly over the last month since I had surgery on November 20th and wanted to share my progress. I know that I still have a VERY LONG way to go, but I have been shocked at how much things have changed in such a short period of time. I know some info might be TMI, but I just wanted to share with those that might be interested. So, here is my 1 Month Post-Op Progress Report.

Weight Lost: 36.2 pounds

Inches Lost: 27.5 inches

Pant Size: 58 down to 50 waist

Shirt Size: 4XL down to 2XL-3XL (depending on the shirt)

Short/Boxer Size: 4XL down to 2XL

Distance able to walk: Was at 50 yards and now up to 3.0 miles

Time able to walk: Was at 2 minutes (to mailbox and back) and now up to 60 minutes

Back Pain: Pain was excruciating and now almost non-existent

Knee Pain: Pain was excruciating and now it's mild

Windedness: Got winded getting up off the couch and now can walk 3 miles without being winded

Washing/Wiping: Had trouble fully washing myself and wiping, but now have no problems

Things have changed fairly rapidly over the last month since I had surgery on November 20th and wanted to share my progress. I know that I still have a VERY LONG way to go, but I have been shocked at how much things have changed in such a short period of time. I know some info might be TMI, but I just wanted to share with those that might be interested. So, here is my 1 Month Post-Op Progress Report.

Time able to walk: Was at 2 minutes (to mailbox and back) and now up to 60 minutes

Windedness: Got winded getting up off the couch and now can walk 3 miles without being winded

Washing/Wiping: Had trouble fully washing myself and wiping, but now have no problems

WOW that is great results for the 1st month. 36 pounds is a huge loss and you have had a lot of NSV as well. Many of which I also hope to achieve with the sleeve whenever my surgery date is going to be.

WOW that is great results for the 1st month. 36 pounds is a huge loss and you have had a lot of NSV as well. Many of which I also hope to achieve with the sleeve whenever my surgery date is going to be.

Thanks so much! I appreciate it!!

Wow! That is an awesome first month! If you keep losing like that we'll be calling you Skinny McSkinnster!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!

Wow! That is an awesome first month! If you keep losing like that we'll be calling you Skinny McSkinnster!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!

Thank you!! I appreciate the kind words.

I have a long way to go, but I just might change my name if I lose enough weight.

Congratulations!!!!!

I have a long way to go, but I just might change my name if I lose enough weight.

Awesome results, man. Truly awesome.

Just think......you are just a month into this deal. Tremendous first month.

As far as the name change thing goes......may I suggest Dirk Diggler.

Mark Walberg's character name from Boogie Nights. You are gonna feel like a stud.

I can't get over your clothing size difference in just ONE month. I know that feels great.

Dub

What I can't get over is 1 month ago McFatster was only able to walk 50 yards and now he is walking 3 miles. That is 5,230 more yards than he use to walk. That is if I did my math right. For me who can't walk but 2 to 3 minutes walking that much more just blows my mind away.

McFatster I am the female version of what you were and I can only hope and pray I can become what you are now and will be in the future. I know your wife is thrilled for you. If you don't join her on the hike she spoke about in another thread- I will come to Ky and join her.

Congratulations! This is so awesome. I know how great it feels to go from being basically immobile to being able to MOVE! It only gets better!

Congratulations!!!!!

Awesome results, man. Truly awesome.

Just think......you are just a month into this deal. Tremendous first month.

As far as the name change thing goes......may I suggest Dirk Diggler.

Mark Walberg's character name from Boogie Nights. You are gonna feel like a stud.

I can't get over your clothing size difference in just ONE month. I know that feels great.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate the vote of confidence!

Dub

What I can't get over is 1 month ago McFatster was only able to walk 50 yards and now he is walking 3 miles. That is 5,230 more yards than he use to walk. That is if I did my math right. For me who can't walk but 2 to 3 minutes walking that much more just blows my mind away.

McFatster I am the female version of what you were and I can only hope and pray I can become what you are now and will be in the future. I know your wife is thrilled for you. If you don't join her on the hike she spoke about in another thread- I will come to Ky and join her.

Thank you so much. I have a long way to go, but I am more pleased with the change in my mobility than the weight lost. For a while I was fearful for my life due to the immobility and exertion it took just to walk to the mailbox.

And I am definitely going for that hike. We have been dreaming about it for a long time and I even think Santa is bringing us some hiking shoes. ;)

Congratulations! This is so awesome. I know how great it feels to go from being basically immobile to being able to MOVE! It only gets better!

I am so happy I am able to walk again as well. I didn't realize how exhilarating it is and how much I took it for granted.

You are doing excellent! Keep up the good work! Every day is better than the one before. ????

You are doing excellent! Keep up the good work! Every day is better than the one before. [emoji3]

Thank you. I'm so glad that I can interact with such encouraging and supportive people on this site!!

TERRIFFIC... MIGHT BE SPELLED INCORRECTLY, BUT HEY WHAT THE HELL!!!! I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT YOUR WEIGHT LOSS. THIS IS JUST HOW I WAS BEFORE I HAD THE SLEEVE DONE. FROM NOV-16 TIL DEC.29,2015 I HAD LOST 29LBS DR DIDNT SAY THAT I HAD TO LOOSE A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF WEIGHT BEFOR I WS ABLE TO HAVE THE SURGERY, BUT I JUST STARTED IT SO I KNEW WHAT AND HOW MY BODY WOULD REACT. STEPPED ON THE scale YESTERDAY, AND ACCORDING TO IT I AM DOWN TO 264LB. HAD SURGERY ON DEC.30, 2015.. AND WENT BACK TO THE GYM THIS MORNING FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE MY SURGERY. SO KNOW I AM WONDERING HOW MUCH WEIGHT SHOULD YOU HAVE LOST AFTER ONE WEEK OF SURGERY? IM JUST SUPER EXCITED THAT I AM FINALLY GETTING THIS OTHER PERSON OFF MY BUTT. WHEN YOU HAVE COME FROM 398 AND STILL ASK YOURSELF HOW AND THE HELL DID U GET THAT BIG AND NOT EVEN LOOK IT, BUT U KNOW U WERE A BIG PERSON IS CRAZY... :D :D :D :D :D :D

@fattymcfatser I am so proud of you! Can you imagine what it will be like in a year? I have been wondering about how you were doing. Great news!!!

@fattymcfatser I am so proud of you! Can you imagine what it will be like in a year? I have been wondering about how you were doing. Great news!!!

Thanks so much. I appreciate it. I am doing well. Just trying to continue eating right and get in my exercise each day. How are you??? Looks like you hit Onederland!!! That is awesome news!!!

Congratulations on a job well done! Keep it up, you're amazing!!