Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did you say "what did I do" !

I've been sleeved in dec 6th, and I was full of regret for the first 10 days or so.

I am in the puree stage and I can't have any Protein at all.

Dairy gives me dhiarrhea and pureed chicken or fish feel like lead in the stomach.

I've been trying to eat all the foods I am supposed to, but I don't tolerate them.

As soon as I realized that some foods are not good for me now (everybody says in the future it will get back to normal), I started feeling better.

I have lots of energy and I will be back to work this coming week.

Reading this forum helped me a lot to understand everybody feels like this at some point.

I think the turning point for me was 2 days ago when I started to eat something that tastes ike food and did not feel like lead in my stomach (100% corn Pasta in onion clear Soup (pureed)), this made me feel better.

@@caressaxoxo I grok. Three days out had me back into the hospital in extreme pain. Put your mind on auto pilot and roll through the pain. You must keep going forward as there is no going back. No chance ever of a do-over. It will heal. All of it. broth sucks? Don't have it. Take the popsicle. Everything is swollen and sore on there. It isn't easy to adjust. Sip and take your pain killers. It will look better after some rest.

Points for using the word Grok! Haven't heard that in years.

Four weeks out, I can honestly say no regret ever. Even when just waking up and laying in my hospital bed, I haven't regretted it at all. I admit that I was lucky and had a very smooth recovery with no bumps whatsoever

When you got up to your hospital room, did you say what did i do.... How long after did you realize you did the right thing

Nope.

Never had a doubt about what I'd done.

Never a second thought.

Never a regret.

I'm very glad........and very grateful.

@@Emilie.Lancaster thank you. Today I'm feeling a bit better but I'll be going for my post op first thing Monday morning. I still feel like I shouldn't be in this much pain. I'm only 24 and my starting weight was 225. Today I am 219.

Wish I had done this at 24. 42, me, and I am, let's count, on day 12 post, (12/8/15) and I am feeling like I can go dangle my legs in the pool. I am 18 pounds down since surgery. I see it in my face. I am going to start puree soon, but I did have a few reasons of sweet potato puree last night and all went well. I didn't see that happening a week ago. I'm walking around with it folks who have no idea I had surgery 12 days ago. I'm that healed. Give it two weeks to get ready for the rest of your life.

scottyd1264,

SO many WLS patients say that! You wake up, you’ve something irreversible (or in the case of the band, something that’s intended to be irreversible), you’re in pain, you’re in the hospital, and you haven’t even lost any weight yet!

No wonder so many WLS patients wonder what they just did!

I just figure by that point, there’s no going back…so go forward. It doesn’t matter if it was the right or wrong. It’s done. So make the best of it…and usually the best is pretty good!

When you got up to your hospital room, did you say what did i do.... How long after did you realize you did the right thing

I just had my surgery on thursday (12/17) and as sooon as i woke up i was in tears begging my mom, why did i do this. I regretted it so much because of the pain. I started vomiting and it made the regret so much worse!! But now I am home and I am started to feeel like myself again and am so happy i did this. just remember, it's normal to feel regret but don't let it consume you. You will get past it and you will do awesome!

Guys I'm three days out and I can say I feel super disappointed. I'm in a lot of pain (abdominal and my chest/espoghagus). I keep reading people aren't in pain. Is there anyone feeling like the game operation guy. My insides feel all twisted up and by the way I cannot stand the smell or sight of most foods especially broth. Please help me!!!

5 days out... I have thought what the hell did I do? I struggled until they where wheeling me into the or. I'm struggling in this liquid diet. I so tired of just liquid!! I feel ya!! I hear it gets better!:)

Guys I'm three days out and I can say I feel super disappointed. I'm in a lot of pain (abdominal and my chest/espoghagus). I keep reading people aren't in pain. Is there anyone feeling like the game operation guy. My insides feel all twisted up and by the way I cannot stand the smell or sight of most foods especially broth. Please help me!!!

5 days out... I have thought what the hell did I do? I struggled until they where wheeling me into the or. I'm struggling in this liquid diet. I so tired of just liquid!! I feel ya!! I hear it gets better!:)

Completely understand how you feel. Still having pain but it will subside. Just follow what the doctor says, don't be afraid to take your pain meds and you will heal. Everyone heals at different paces. You just may take a little longer than most. But keep at you. You will be just fine :)

I'm 5 days post-op and still in a lot of pain. I cannot bend or sit in an upright position, I tried going grocery shopping yesterday and even sitting in the back-seat was painful. Hang in there, my doctor said it will last for a week to 10 days max.

I had surgery 11/18. I do not have major complications, but as of now. I would not do this again. Here's to hoping that will change

Immediately! I woke up and shortly thereafter had the thought 'I know it has been at least 24 hours since I ate anything, and yet I am not hungry'.

I said it multiple times the first month - it was fleeting, but I said it. Have I ever regretted it? Not for a minute! Get strapped in because you're in for a wild ride!

Best of luck!