Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The approach in the "maintenance" phase is different than in the "weight loss" phase. This is my personal experience with the maintenance phase. http://www.breadandbutterscience.com/Surgery2.pdf

My advice?

Make an appointment with your NUT today and go back to basics.

Are you following your program?

Are you tracking your food?

Are you getting in all of your Protein and fluids every day?

Are you taking all of your Vitamins and supplements as recommended?

Are you exercising?

Whether you are entering a maintenance phase or still want to lose more weight, talk to your NUT about healthy strategies for reaching your goal.

And, Embrace the Stall!

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall

Hello

Yes this is a tough stage. I'm at about 18 months out. I've noticed that I can eat things I couldn't eat the first year after surgery. I went back to drinking more Water, being more active and lowering my caloric intake. I go up 6 - 10 pounds and then back down when I focus. I realized I lacked planning my meals for the day and that would put me into trouble when I was out and about. My advice, lower your caloric intake, exercise, drink more Water and plan your meals. Also, try and remember to take your time when you eat and definitely don't eat and drink at the same time. Find dense Protein to eat versus softer mushy foods. I've had to do all these things to just maintain versus gain. Best wishes.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Today was rough...
      I've been experiencing a headache all day today that just won't go away. I'm thinking it's now progressing into a migraine. Does anyone else get headaches from taking vitamin B12? I did some research and learned that usually a lack of B12 causes headaches. But I've noticed when I take it, I have reoccurring headaches. 😫
      · 0 replies
    • sammijaee

I can’t figure out how to update my surgery stats but 
      start 259
      sw 245
      cw 237
      gw 175
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products