Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2016 sleevers?

Feb. 15, day 3 of liquid diet. Struggling big time. Exhausted, tired regardless of sleep.< /p>

I stayed very tired on the pre op diet. I also had muscle twitches and spasms and I found Powerade ZERO to be very helpful with all the Water I drank, too.

Thats how i feel tired body hurt. try 2 excersise but i get dizzy real fast

Hi...I am scheduled for February 15th. I'm nervous because I keep hearing about the 2 week liver cleanse and my surgeon has not given me any info. I see him on February 5th. I just don't want the surgery to get pushed back!!!

Every surgeon is different. Mine doesn't require a 2 week diet! I hope everything works out for you! My surgery is a week before yours!

Edited by K1154

scheduled for surgery Feb. 17th. Excited, but I am having trouble starting 2 week pre--op diet

Hi...I am scheduled for February 15th. I'm nervous because I keep hearing about the 2 week liver cleanse and my surgeon has not given me any info. I see him on February 5th. I just don't want the surgery to get pushed back!!!

Every surgeon is different. Mine doesn't require a 2 week diet! I hope everything works out for you! My surgery is a week before yours!

I don't have to do it either and I'm scheduled for the 11th.

Feb 26/16 ????????

me too!! So excited

Can you tell me the name of the place in Mexico? I was telling someone about it the other day but did the know the name

There are a few places. I think there is A Lighter Me, the Mi hospital, Angeles hospital. I am going with Dr Ramos-Kelly at his own clinic. Lots of places there to choose from.

Pretty Cali!

I just got home, too! We had ours on the same date.

I felt every bit of liquid go down my stomach, and then also at times into my intestines, with all the air. Feels weird!

Hey Amelie!!!! Yes we did! I felt it all too!!!! It's so weird. Now I really feel it in my esophagus. I had a hiatal hernia so dr repaired it. Glad you made it home safely!

Just got sleeved yesterday!!! Should be discharged tomorrow morning. Good luck everyone!

Me too! though I'm here until Sunday. The mentioned I shoild try drinking Water today (I had my leak test) and that they'd try me on some thin yogurt drink thing tonight, but no drink. Given that I've been zipping water and it still kind of hurts I'm glad though.

I'm home now! They started me on this 15g Protein Shake - it was fruity and actually good. Plus broth, Jello and Popsicles. I had to focus on the shakes yesterday and got two in. Just drank one on the 1.5 drive from San Francisco to Sacramento. Taking a break and will just sip water. This afternoon ill try to drink a Premier Protein shake. It has 30g of Protein in it so if I can't get anymore after that im OK.

Hope they get you your yogurt drink soon. Does it hurt when water goes down or your whole stomach?

I drink, it goes down, and then a second later it hurts, I have to wait for it. I was given something warm to drink this morning that didn't hurt so much (was it tea? was it chocolate? no idea, it was brown and milky and didn't really taste like anything) I was able to finish the mug in about 20 mins or so, and bad my first bm after, so things seem to be ok.

Yes, all the cold stuff or room temp stuff I seem to still feel going down. I had a hiatal hernia repair as well, along with scar tissue reduced from a previous lap band that I had removal a few years before.

I just woke up, still not too familiar with these forums, guys. I think I'm on a free membership.

ANYWAY I too alas, moved my bowels this morning and I think it's going to happen now frequently. I am home eating the Bone Broth that I made during my pre op diet. I froze it all in muffin aluminum, chicken and beef, lamb, farm bones. It took me the entire two weeks because bone broth has to cook slow and low so long. Anyway, I think that is why I finally went.

Two weeks is a good idea for a pre op, because the first week you're adjusting and bargaining with yourself over the eating plan. By the second week, you're a pro, by the day before, it's cake. Then, afterwards, forgettaboutit. You're golden.

Edited by Amelie2016

deleted wrong thread. how do I delete? argh

Edited by Amelie2016

Day four of the diet and I can't believe that I have made it this far. I know that sounds so stupid but I didn't realize how much I was going to miss coffee and my Peanut Butter wheat toast in the morning. I am such a creature of habit! Although I have more energy, I still would give my left arm for a good cup of coffee! Oh well, all in due time. I tried a cup of Decaf, and that was just pointless. :lol:

11 more days of this!