Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Updates on December 2015 Surgeries

How long have your tubes been in/how long until the doctors take it out? Haven't heard too much about it.

My doc removed the drain on Monday (5 days post op) since it was causing me pain. I was scheduled to have it out a one week post op. I'm so much better since that drain is out!!! But it did get a ton of excess Fluid out so I guess there's that... I don't miss it a bit!

I think my doctor must be conservative, protecting the pouch....allowing it time to heal. That's what I was told. I had one week of Clear Liquids, now I'm on two weeks of "full liquids." Then two weeks of pureed. Then one week of "soft" like cottage cheese, applesauce etc. THEN...week seven...normal foods as tolerated.

Where did you have your surgery? I am having mine at Des Peres with Dr. Scott --- sounds like his same plan...

Woodstock, IL with Dr. Heydari. He's wonderful and I have complete trust in him. So I shall do as he says!

I did find out that i can have "smashed" cottage cheese and applesauce now though, during the "pureed food" two weeks. Woohoo. Had a smashed scrambled egg (four bites) this morning too. Tastes so good to have real food again, even though just a little bit. Merry Christmas to all!

...sometimes I wonder if they really did anything when they were in there lol

haha - I feel exactly the same way. Just finished my first scrambled egg and so far so good. Yesterday I had two tablespoons of hummus and it was fine. I'm happy to be on the mend and pleased that your situation was sorted out!

My surgery was 12/14 and came home 12/16. Have been having some trouble with just feeling thirsty. I'm not great at sipping!

My kids (2yo girl, 3yo boy) stayed at their grandmas until the 18th, and boy has it been fun - PAINFULLY so - having them home. They have a hard time with not being able to sit on me or have me pick them up. They are used to climbing in bed with me in the middle of the night, and that's been an adjustment too.

Only one incision still bothers me though, and only when they are being rough with me.

I also sometimes feel like they must have forgotten to staple me off, as I'm not having any problems tolerating anything, or even taking this mess of pills every day.

I DID start my cycle Tuesday(22nd), and it was a tad scary, between the cramps and brown bleeding. And since then I have been battling INTENSE food cravings. Still not actually hungry, but it always makes me want to eat everything in sight. Boooo ????.

Also it has completely stalled my weight loss, I was dropping about 1.5lbs a day and think I am actually up 1 right now. Not cool. Hopefully it's just bloating and will go away soon!

My surgery was 12/16 and I went home the next day. Had some pain from my drain but once that was removed I was fine.

I have little kids too 1 and 5 and I totally understand what you mean. It's hard!

I haven't had any issues tolerating anything either. I wonder if I'm doing something wrong.

It's a project getting in enough fluids. I tolerate them just fine but the small sips are killing me. I am so thirsty!!! I have really been doing my Protein Shake in the morning with Vitamin (that takes 3 hours) then just a little Soup juice for lunch. And another shake in the evening with sipping Water or G2 in between.

Glad your overall doing well!

What are you eating? Just curious for ideas. I'm still on full liquids.

Hi ladies, I'm following your post I had surgery on 12/16 as well and was having a hard time getting in fluids also but I've realized I can drink about 8 Oz in 15 minutes which helps me get closer to the goal. I never received a drain so I don't know if there's a difference there or not but I do have kids also 1,5, and 7 and understand how hard alot of things are. I can't seem to get all of my Protein Shakes in because they taste weird but I am having Sf popsicles, sf pudding, eggs with Lf cheese, Soup, Powerade zero, yogurt, instant mashed potatoes, and tuna which all give me that feeling of actually eating. I also had Pinto Beans and cheese from Taco bell today and omg it was the best, although I could only eat about half but it's good Protein.< /p>

I have my RNY tomorrow morning (12/28/2015) at 10:15 central time. IT IS REAL. I AM DOING THIS. And oh boy am I nervous!!

I have my RNY tomorrow morning (12/28/2015) at 10:15 central time. IT IS REAL. I AM DOING THIS. And oh boy am I nervous!!

You got this!

It will be great! Don't be nervous! ????

In a few hours I will arrive at the hospital for my revision from lapband to bypass...yay!!!I am so happy....can't sleep..December 28 is finally here!!

5 days post op...in a great deal of pain....

So I have said repeatedly that this journey is not about the actual number on the scale. This morning though I am going to have a little mini rant. I am now 3 weeks and 1 day post op and my weight is only 2 lbs less than on my surgery date! It doesn't seem right...when I consider how little I am consuming I can't understand why I haven't lost more. Again the numbers aren't my focus, but it is a little bit frustrating.