Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January or February 2016 Sleevers?

Hello I am new as of today. Im from Saskatchewan Canada. I am having my surgery in Tijuana, Mexico on Jan 22 at the Mi hospital with doctor Ponce. I am on day 4 of my pre op diet(I started a week early-I think I will need it) Day after Christmas. So I definitely indulged over the holidays and am feeling quite piggish. Im not so nervous about the surgery itself but its the possible failure afterwards that scares me. Hoping to make some buddies on here as support around here is limited as far as I know. I have been looking. Excited to be a part of the group :)

I'm from Nova Scotia, going to the same place with Dr. Ponce!

Scheduled for the 10th. Starting to get nervous! But very excited

I was sleeved Jan 28th !!! Since then I have already went from 261 to 242! It's so amazing my doctor is Dr Charles Huddleston he is an amazing surgeon. My stomach is doing great I eat mostly what i want already like Soups fish eggs all the healthy low sugar Protein things when I eat it is amazing I put a fourth of a cup of food on my plate and I normally have more than half left but .. I'm full I'm still doing Clear Liquids I'm not going back to the bad stuff and .. I got a gym membership.. I'm so happy to have started this journey I hope everyone is as happy as I am

Hi everyone I'm new to the support group and so far I'm really liking what I'm reading. I do have some questions tho? I live in illinois and i have medicare and im trying to find out if anyone know if they cover the gastric sleeve? When i called the insurance they said call my provider and then they'll call the provider line to find out if I'm covered? Now I'm really lost i dont understand why they didnt know but they knew about the other surgeries, can someone please help im starting to get a little discourage

A sign in my surgeon's office says "Medicare Covers The Sleeve Gastrectomy" and since medicare is federal it should be the same in every state. As long as your surgeon accepts medicare, then they will be a primary payer for you. Other insurance would be secondary. I know this because I used to do medical billing. Thats why they said call your surgeon first and make sure he accepts it. There are no pre-requirements for the surgery either thru medicare, but your other insurance if you are not self pay may have some. Hope this helped ease your mind!

Thank you so very much yes it does ease my mind i had tossed and turned all night plus the office called me this morning just to double check and she said the same thing yay im so excited ???????????? so where are you now on your wls journey

Thank you so very much yes it does ease my mind i had tossed and turned all night plus the office called me this morning just to double check and she said the same thing yay im so excited so where are you now on your wls journey

I am two weeks out tomorrow! I am down 17 lbs since surgery day, and total of 55 since starting the process in August 2015. The surgery was a breeze for me! I had no pain, just tenderness in the belly. He also fixed a hiatal hernia. Have tolerated everything, no nausea, getting all my Protein in, but not quite the 64 oz of liquids. I found with no solids I felt hungry all the time, like a baby ready to graduate from formula to cereal! LOL So I started before I was supposed to having one soft scrambled egg, or instant mashed potatoes. Today she released me to the soft food phase, so for dinner I had my feast! 1/3 C fat free refried Beans, mixed with abt 4 tsp of ground, cooked chicken, with taco sauce! It was heaven! I love mexican food! I am healing wonderfully! I wish everyone could have the experience I had, and I wish I had done it 10 years ago! LOL Best wishes for your surgery!

My surgery is scheduled for Feb 22, 2016. So excited!

My surgery is scheduled for Feb 22, 2016. So excited!

We are having surgery the same day! Are you starting your liquid diet tomorrow too?
Yep, started my pre-op diet today actually. Good luck to you!
We are all having surgery the same day!!!! Started pre op today. ????!

My surgery date is 2/23/16. I'm excited. :) Will start pre-op diet tomorrow.

Hello. My date of my VSG is February 22nd. I am starting to freak out. I had my endoscopy last week and have my pre-op testing Monday. I don't know why I am suddenly so scared. Almost thinking of cancelling. I won't but I don't know what has come over me lately. What if I hate my new lifestyle? Any idea what the recovery pain is like? I am also sad to leave my toddler at home for a few days while I am in the hospital. I just want to relax a little lol. Wishing I Could calm down. Send me some positive thoughts.

I am in your exact shoes! I'm scheduled for the 26th and literally everything you said I can relate to. I find myself trying to keep busy so I can't stop for too long and freak out but I'm assuming this is normal... We'll get past it. Good luck with everything

Wow girl outstanding and congratulation I'm so glad that everything went well for you????????I wish I had your DNA ????????, oh also how long from start to finish did everything take? Well congratulation again and please keep us posted.

From art to finish w surgery not en two hrs my surgery he said as text book I love my surgeon he is just amazing I go back Fri to weigh in and get let off my don't do list lol I'm starting a gym Fri also I'm excited about this new life style it's just like the one I had before my thyroid hit me so hard!! And u can do exactly what I'm doing relt wize I have lost inches already in well now 11 days! Just have to follow diet and stay busy don't let the incisions get you down even in pain I'd walk around it helped so much the healing process and well weight too I watch sugar and I stay away from anything pop like no diet nothing crystal light or Water or g2 is all I drink and I take my Vitamins religiously !!! You will be great all the upcoming ones and the ones who are thinking omg what did I do. That thinking will be over soon!!!!!! Good luck God bless

Thank you so very much yes it does ease my mind i had tossed and turned all night plus the office called me this morning just to double check and she said the same thing yay im so excited so where are you now on your wls journey

I am two weeks out tomorrow! I am down 17 lbs since surgery day, and total of 55 since starting the process in August 2015. The surgery was a breeze for me! I had no pain, just tenderness in the belly. He also fixed a hiatal hernia. Have tolerated everything, no nausea, getting all my Protein in, but not quite the 64 oz of liquids. I found with no solids I felt hungry all the time, like a baby ready to graduate from formula to cereal! LOL So I started before I was supposed to having one soft scrambled egg, or instant mashed potatoes. Today she released me to the soft food phase, so for dinner I had my feast! 1/3 C fat free refried Beans, mixed with abt 4 tsp of ground, cooked chicken, with taco sauce! It was heaven! I love mexican food! I am healing wonderfully! I wish everyone could have the experience I had, and I wish I had done it 10 years ago! LOL Best wishes for your surgery!

So glad to hear you are healing wonderfully. I also am 2 weeks today and have lost 16 pounds since surgery for the gallbladder, hernia repair and sleeve. My top 3 incisions are almost gone. I am having no problems keeping all the Clear Liquids down. I saw the Dr last Wed for my one week and he was very pleased.

He told me today I get to eat 1 egg a day that is all along with all the other clear liquids I have been consuming.

I am really surprised your Dr said to go to the soft food phase. Even though on the outside we are healing nicely the insides are still very swollen, and delicate. Did the food you had last night cause any problems for you? Are you allowed one meal a day or more? And what is with the mashed potatoes? I was told to not eat anything starchy for quite a number of months. I guess each Dr is different. Just be careful you don't over do it. I plan on eating my egg for lunch in about an hour. Hope I handle it well.