Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm a size.... WHAT?!?!

Hi everyone! So the other day my Mom and I went Christmas shopping together. I also wanted to buy pants for myself as mine are pretty much falling off. I've been wearing 18W or 20W for years. I told my Mom that plenty of contributors on this forum say there's a big gap between sizes 16W and 16 and thought I might be stuck in that no man's land.

So I try on a pair of 16W jeans. Too big.

Next, a pair of 16 (regular size!) jeans.

... too big.

Next, 14s.

They fit perfectly.

WHAT!!!!

In my heart of hearts I never thought I'd ever see that number on a tag on my clothing.

Woo-hoo!

Congrats!!

I started in a 24W and last week bought my first 18M. The 18 is a little tight but not uncomfortable! I can't wait to fit into a size 14!

Great gift for Christmas! Size 14. NSV

Congratulations ! It's a wonderful feeling isn't it :)

Of course when I got home I washed the jeans and worried that after a run through the dryer they wouldn't fit. But they still did. I still can't get over it. This is wonderful. And so surreal.

The best feeling ever is what you described! Congratulations!

Now when you walk through the mall and see all those cute clothes in the window you can go try them on!

I told my husband last night that we need to win the lottery so I can go crazy clothes shopping. I will need a Carrie closet (from sex and the city).

He thinks it is funny because for the last 20 years he would have to drag me clothes shopping and I hated every second of it.

Oh and the shoes! I have big feet and when I was fat I had extra wide feet so cute quality shoes were very very hard to find. I shopped at one store and usually bought the same brand. Munro.

I have already found myself sitting in Macy's surrounded by 25 pairs of cute shoes and they all fit and come in my size!

It's a good thing I have control, because I didn't buy any of them. I simply have a ball trying them on.

Also, I keep a couple of pairs of my original pants around just to put them on. I actually did that last night and I could actually fit a whole second me in those pants!

Size 14 is one of my dream NSVs! I was that big when I met my husband 34 years ago and haven't looked back since. I really, really want to walk into a "regular" store and take advantage of the sales that are always so much better than the ones offered for plus sizes.

You are amazing! You must be so happy.

Oh man that must have felt great

Wow! How exciting is that! Moving down those sizes is always rewarding.

Congratulations!

I had the same thing. I was always rationalizing that the pants I picked out must have been a "really big" 16, 14 etc. now that I'm consistently down to a size 12, I still catch myself thinking that when I fit into a 10!

Congrats!!

I started in a 24W and last week bought my first 18M. The 18 is a little tight but not uncomfortable! I can't wait to fit into a size 14!

I was in 26/28 and just tried on a 18 and they fit so excited.. Lost 90 to date.. Still have 90 pounds to loose have no idea what size that will be

i cant even imagine being in size 14!!!!! actually, not true haha i imagine it all the time. i see you are at 211 lbs. i am at 196.5 and have lost 28 lbs since beginning of this process. i am not down one single size! all my clothes still fit me and they dont even look big! i do look better in them. why am i not dropping a size???????????? UGH!!!!!!!!!!!

congrats on your drop! that is incredible! you go girl!

What a great feeling! I have been in the 16 rut for a while. I noticed last week that I took off a pair of pants without unbuttoning them. This weekend I got curious while out shopping and grabbed a regular 16 and 14. I fit in a 14. This is the smallest size I have worn in over 20 years and the smallest I have been since I've been married to my husband. It feels great doesn't it?!