Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's hear it for the band!

So truly happy to say that I am beginning my tenth year today! Nine years ago , I had no idea how different my life could be. Outpatient surgery and 1 night at a hotel, quick check up and on with banded life...

Yes, I had to learn to eat differently and work out consistently. No, I'm not perfect, but I'll take my size 12 over my life in stretchy size 22 ... How it used to hurt when walking.. Or being winded easily .Truly how hungry I felt and how I soothed myself with food.

I am so content with my band ( and I get it doesn't work for many ) and how life is so good for many years.

I forget how thankful I should be everyday for the opportunity to breeze thru life at a "normal" size.

I just feel I fit in this world better.

Some of us veterans are still around and happy with our choices????

I enjoy reading success stories about the band. I will be getting mine in a week so I am definitely looking forward to this new journey.

Congrats Julie! You're truly an inspiration to me!

Thanks JWM. Feels like we've been around awhile now. Glad to have cyber chats with people who really understand.

I'm thankful I did not have to ever have replacement or revision. I think I do better with a very small amount in my band... Harder on my head tho.... Easier on my throat and stomach

????????That is the dilemma

Congrats and much continued success.

To the band!

It's funny because 2 & 1 year ago people would ask me if I would have or when I would get the band out , I told them that their are people that have been living with the band for 20 years or more just since they started advertising more that more people know about it , so I may live with it all my life , that I had tried everything including almost starving myself for like 3 day's & only drinking Water & nothing helped so I got surgery (band) to be a more healthy me & then they go oh , & I proceeded to tell them it's not easy & if you think it is try just the pre op diet & I give them the paper & tell them come to me in 3 days if you stick to it & let me know how you feel , needless to say they have came to me & said I couldn't I felt like I was starving LOL , so I tell them if you couldn't do it then you probably wouldn't be able to stick with what WE do to be healthy , so I am saying now no one ask if I will ever get it out now they see my last pics & ask who that is & I day it was me 155#s ago they don't believe till I show them a side by side of my face then they believe , so Congrats to you & all of us that made the decision to get banded heck yes to the band .

Coming up on 5 years, as good today as it's ever been...

Took 6-8 months to get settled in the Green Zone, (the only true hard part about this) after which it has been a dream come true.

No hunger/cravings, temptations, inability to overeat...and most important, don't miss that old gluttonous lifestyle one bit. Cannot compare with what I now have.

Not a single problem, complication. Not one.

I live a normal life day to day without even thinking about what I'm eating, or do I need to "Diet" and loose a few pounds....be careful what I eat...I still enjoy things in life that Dieters would cringe at...and will never understand.

I can put being fat and out of shape along with all the medical issues I had behind me and get on with my new life....

I sometimes wonder if I should have had the sleeve, etc, but hey...It does not get any better than this, and I can't argue with success.

Having Lapband Surgery almost 3 years ago was the single best thing I have done for myself ever. I struggled for years with being overweight. I had diabetes and high cholesterol, high blood pressure and mobility problems . My poor knees and back were crying from the extra weight. I tell people that it is not the easy way but if you are serious about losing weight and try to adhere to the guidelines you will lose and maintain. My eating habits have changed and it has become easier with time. After trying every weight loss program and gimmick known to man for years having the lapband is so liberating. So good to see positive posts on the Lapband. Keep it up guys.