Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TALLAHASSEE SLEEVERS?

I live in Tallahassee. I'm not getting sleeved. I'm going for the bypass. But, my surgeon will be Dr. Eliot Sieloff from TMH Bariatric Surgery.

Hello!!! I am waiting for insurance approval for sleeve with Dr. Sieloff as well. I hope to get my date soon!

I live in Tallahassee and was sleeved on Monday 1/11, I went through the TMH Bariatric Center Dr Lang is in charged. They have support groups, nutritionists, and therapists.The whole team is there. Dr Ramirez did my surgery, he is new to Tallahassee and I didn't have to wait to long. Dr Seiloff and Dr Combs work through the center also.

I'm feeling very good and am excited to be starting my new journey.

I live in Tallahassee and was sleeved on Monday 1/11, I went through the TMH Bariatric Center Dr Lang is in charged. They have support groups, nutritionists, and therapists.The whole team is there. Dr Ramirez did my surgery, he is new to Tallahassee and I didn't have to wait to long. Dr Seiloff and Dr Combs work through the center also.

I'm feeling very good and am excited to be starting my new journey.

Dr. Lang is great!!

Tally resident here too!!

Dr. Lang is awesome and I am hopeful to have my surgery done in May or June.

Can not get here quick enough!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using the BariatricPal App

Question for the Dr. Lang patients. ..

I am going to switch from sleeve to bypass.

In all my meetings with her we've only discussed the sleeve but after doing more research and thinking long term I feel that the full bypass will be my best option.

Did she reccomend sleeve for you all as well and what made you choose bypass?

It was my choice for the sleeve. She mentioned both and having gone to several of the seminars ,the sleeve just appealed to me. Also being over 60 I was concerned and the doctor who did mine had done several studies on people over 60 and the success rate impressed me.

For me the surgery itself seem less invasive than the bypass . I was sleeved 1/11/16 and I'm happy with my recovery.

Thank yiu Bassmel

Question for the Dr. Lang patients. ..

I am going to switch from sleeve to bypass.

In all my meetings with her we've only discussed the sleeve but after doing more research and thinking long term I feel that the full bypass will be my best option.

Did she reccomend sleeve for you all as well and what made you choose bypass?

In my appointments with her, she has said that she recommends sleeve over bypass. I mentioned that I was considering bypass over sleeve, and she told me that I wouldn't want to have the bypass due to nutritional deficiencies. In my next appointment, I'm going to tell her that I've decided that the bypass is the route I want to take.

Edited to say that she said someone as young as I am, late 20s can have those nutritional deficiencies, especially with wanting to have children in the future.

Edited by swinglifeaway

@@swinglifeaway, and that is what she told me as well. I knew about he deficiencies and that steered me away from the full bypass but now that I am seeing and hearing more long term (10+ years out) I do not want the sleeve. I will see her on the 20th of April for my Mandatory Seminar and then the next morning for an appointment and will tell her then.

You and I are about the same size so it will be interesting to see how we go on this journey.

@@swinglifeaway, and that is what she told me as well. I knew about he deficiencies and that steered me away from the full bypass but now that I am seeing and hearing more long term (10+ years out) I do not want the sleeve. I will see her on the 20th of April for my Mandatory Seminar and then the next morning for an appointment and will tell her then.

You and I are about the same size so it will be interesting to see how we go on this journey.

I'll be at the same seminar! Maybe we will see each other.

I agree with you about the sleeve. I have done hours of research, and I feel like bypass is best for me. I see her on the 27th. Let's keep in touch!

Will do!!

You'll see me, just look for the fat guy!! ;)

In all honesty, it'll be nice to keep in touch and have someone on the journey at the same time to commiserate with.

​I have to say that I work with a great bunch of guys. I am getting more support from my workmates than my spouse. Any of you experience this ?