Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Grandson - From an old Lapbander

I am sure some of you don't even know who I am but there are a few old lapbanders out there that still remember me.

Anyway, my youngest daughter just had my 8th grandchild and I just had to share pics. He is a doll and it killed me to leave him when I flew home. SIGH!!

Austin Wade Donaldson

Born: July 18, 2007 at 6:34pm

Weight: 6 lbs; 15 oz

Length: 20.5 inches

post-204009-13813135301654_thumb.jpg

post-204009-13813135302133_thumb.jpg

post-204009-13813135302516_thumb.jpg

PENNI!! How great to see you and awww, what a gorgeous little guy! Congratulations on your 8th grandchild (wow!).

How are you doing, in other respects?

Hey there Alexandra: Yeah I stayed away long enough and just had to peak here for a few. Plus I had to share my news with my new grandchild. Anyway, here is my update.

I am still unbanded and haven't had any other weight loss surgery to date. There are none foreseen in my future either. I have gained back 50 of the 70 lbs I lost with the band. I am maintaining at 278 right now.

That is both good and bad.

I am 20 lbs from my start weight prior to lapband placement. BAD!!

I am 20 lbs under my start weight prior to lapband placement. GOOD!!

I am taking it one day at a time. I have had some minor health issues to deal with since gaining back the weight, which slows the losing process. I am struggle with it every day. I have done some more soul searching and am just trying to get through a 24 hour period without eating something I regret. SIGH!! Man is that hard.

My mom has had some major health issues and my sister now is going through some health issues as well. My daughter just gave birth to my newest grandchild. (see my thread "New Grandson - From old lapbander" for pics.). I started a new job in Feb this year. We have had some financial concerns. My son has started college. SIGH!! Lots going on.

Still fighting the battle. Some days I win some days I lose. But I keep fighting. I don't think I want another surgery. At least not anytime soon.

HUGS

Great to hear from you Penni. Sorry for all the trials you've been through. Your grandson is so cute.

Keep in touch and don't be a stranger. I don't post on most threads anymore, but every now and then I look around to see what everyone is doing.

Thanks Betty for the comment. He is a doll and I miss him so much already. I am just too far from all my grandkids.

Penni, he is precious!!! I did a double take, your DD looks sooo much like you!!!

When you get your hands on him next time tell him all his cyber "Aunties" think he is a keeper!!

Kat

Beautiful baby, hmmm is it me or does your daughter look like you or what? Congrats on # 8 WOW, I struggle with 3.

Also being an old lapbander, every day is a struggle, but I guess if it was easy we wouldn't have anything to complain about, LOL.

Hugs

Hi Penni!

I pop in here every once in a while--good to see some "old" banders!

Your new baby is adorable--I could just smooch the computer screen.

Stay well!

Kimberly