Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally got new bras!

60 lbs down and my beloved Cacique bras just ride up my back... the straps don't even tighten enough to not fall off my shoulders, and the band is too loose. Got 2 new ones, just basic black and mocha.... Cant wait for better support! Better yet, I got the one for 50% off and an extra 20% off the total for using my e-mail! I miss my collection of pretty bras, but my niece has most of them now.... along with most of my prior wardrobe.

It is a NSV that these huge things are shrinking along with my body!

I have gone from a 44DD to a 36D and this is starting to feel tighter now.

I love it!

I seem to be one of the few heavy women who never had a large chest. I don't think I've ever gone over a D, possibly never even made it to a real D, and 120 pounds later I'm a B. I've still got about 150 pounds to go... I'm going to be part of the itty bitty titty committee by then. :P Oh well!

I seem to be one of the few heavy women who never had a large chest. I don't think I've ever gone over a D, possibly never even made it to a real D, and 120 pounds later I'm a B. I've still got about 150 pounds to go... I'm going to be part of the itty bitty titty committee by then. :P Oh well!

If they are too big, losing some of that is NOT a loss, but a step in being more proportionate...

@@liannatx that's true. I know how taxing on the body having big breasts can be. I suppose I just wish I could have kept my high Cs. Then again, I barely recognize my body at all anymore, so I'm going to have to get used to a lot of big changes.

@Cervidae You will most likely lose from the bottom then...thighs, hips, waist. Different bodies, different loss!

@@liannatx that's true. I know how taxing on the body having big breasts can be. I suppose I just wish I could have kept my high Cs. Then again, I barely recognize my body at all anymore, so I'm going to have to get used to a lot of big changes.

I measured today... my ribcage is 34.5 and the bustline is 44. It is a lot of weight to try to make look perky!!!!!! they are starting to hang for dear life!

Edited by liannatx

After losing 50lbs my old bras have all been put in a package and been sent a new loving home. I too miss those pretty things but for now I am wearing plain functional and comfy. I do have some lovely new ones that may only need a small amount of loss to fit. Bought them some years ago and they were too small before I got to wear them. Looking forward to feeling pretty (and that much smaller) again. New lingerie is in order too.

I've lost 100 lbs and have dropped from a 40 or 42 DD to a 36 C. Unfortunately, they're mostly just skin with a little bit of fat left in them. There's probably plastics in my future once I hit maintenance!

I have never had large breasts but certainly nice ones. I was a full C cup most of my life. When I was young and thin, my boobs always looked great, then in my late 20s I really started packing on the weight.

My boobs sort of disappeared mostly because my tummy got bigger and bigger.

Now, I have lost 134lbs and my boobs look good in a good bra but basically are empty. LOL!

About 5 months after my surgery I walked into a Victoria's Secret. (Secretly I coveted the idea of all those beautiful bras). At that point I had gone from a 46C with an extender to a 38c and honestly I could have maybe even gone to a b cup. LOL!

While there I found one of the best bras for giving me back my fullness. I have since spent a lot of money on beautiful bras and panties.

I do not miss my cacique at all,

Now if I could only find panties that give me some junk in my trunk! LOL, I literally have lost my entire butt. I have a hard time finding jeans that fit right because I have no butt, a 30 inch waist and unfortunately I have a lot of loose skin on my tummy that cause me to wear bigger pants than I need so I a, always hiking them up.

But, I would not trade my new thinner body for anything! I can always get a breast lift and augmentation, have them put a little junk in my trunk and do a tummy tuck.i have no idea how I will pay for all of this but by golly I will figure it out!

My boobs are not losing any of their "girth" but I am losing inches around my bust. I was in a 44D before surgery and now sixty pounds later I am in a 38D. I do not want to be "all boobs." I am barely 5'2 and with only sixty pounds lost can start to wear large sizes and no longer need anything "plus-sized." I cannot fathom how ridiculous I will look if my boobs stay in a D cup while the rest of me fits in a size small.

Good bras are expensive, ladies. Please make sure you fit yourself properly. A 10" difference in band and cup means you should be looking at a J-cup. Anyplace trying to sell you something smaller than an I or J has not measured you right. (Don't let them try any of that "upper bust sizing either. Ridiculous.)

A J cup may sound huge, but cups are sized according to the size band they're on. A 34-E is far, far smaller cup than a 42-E. For example, my daughter wears a 32-J. I wear a 44-J. The cups on our bras are two very different sizes. (Victoria's secret tried to put her in a 34-DDD, btw.)

Even specialty stores used to tell me that I could just "shape" the underwire and tried to sell me DD or DDD bras in larger band sizes. I wore the wrong cup size for so many years and always thought my bras didn't fit like the ones depicted in ads due to my weight. No. They didn't fit because cup size was far too small. 80-90% of women wear the wrong bra size. :) Yes, this is one of the things I will rant about, but I hate to see women spending money on ill-fitting bras.

Band should be comfortable. You should not show any back or side boob/fat. The center should fit flat to your chest between your breasts. If the band pulls up in back, it is too large. Straps should never dig into your shoulders because 90% of the support should come from your band.

On the sigh side, I'm pretty sure my girls will point due south once I no longer have a belly to hold them up!

Somehow my cup size is getting larger while my band size gets smaller. Not a bad thing I guess but starting in a 46C. Now down to 38 band and the C definitely doesn't fit. DD too small (muffin boob is GROSS!) and DDD is a bit too big, so I got the bigger ones and stuffed them with what I lovingly call chicken cutlets! Still have 40 - 50 pounds to go so I will be very curious what they look like in the end!

Just want to say I do NOT have big boobs. But I'm in 34D and 34DD bras that fit.

This is just to underscore that D / DD bras don't seem to be constructed for seriously big-boobed girls.

@@Daisee68, sometimes bras don't fit correctly because they're the wrong style for our shape. Boobs can be close together, splay apart, be fuller in different ways. If you spill over, you might want to try a different shaped cup. That's harder to do when you still wear a larger band size. Bra manufacturers will make cup sizes all the way up the scale, but 90% of them won't scale up larger band sizes to match those cup sizes! Maddening.

I am not looking forward to bra replacement. I just know the retailers are singing that Pink Floyd song. (Money, money, money~)