Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New sleevers how are you doing

Hello All, Newbie here, sleeved 12/06. 4 days post op. My concern is my abdomen is so distended and taut. Its uncomfortable due to the gas. I feel fine otherwise. Getting my liquids in, walking a lot, very little incisional pain, but the gas, which of course, does not move is so uncomfortable. Is this normal, or should I be concerned? Thank you in advance for any and all advise.

i am 4 weeks out, and it goes get better, but it goes from better to cautious really. Getting Protein down after my procedure on 11/11 was hard.. Dr. said don't rush it, may be a full week or 2 before you get 60g of Protein and 40-48oz of non-protein Fluid down..

Well I am here to tell you, it took 3 weeks and yes my Dr. said if by week 4 I was not at 60-70g of protein and 48oz or more of non-protein I would be re-admitted for dehydration.. I am happy to say I can do all of what she has asked of me, but you have to be creative about it, because my sleeve (Mr. Bumble) is not always easy to get along with.. There are nauseated mornings where he does not want liquid of any kind, while at work I easily forget to have my yogurt or make a shake or drink my non-protein liquids....foods that I use to enjoy (healthy and not as healthy) I approach with caution..I have found my go-to Snacks when something puree or soft does not sit well.

So right now get into a routine, it will help you when you get to the purree and soft food stage..keep in mind purree and soft foods is just a brief break from 100% liquid mode, you will not be able to eat that much of it and so your protein goal still needs to reached..

and to the one poster who said, "whoever said this was an easy way out" you are so right, its not an easy way out, its tool to help us stay on track, keeping us from over indulging, and if we do over indulge there is a price to pay!! trust me :)

Stay positive :)

I was sleeved on 12/1! It's going great so far! I only had one week of Soups and liquids, and I've been on purées since Tuesday. I'm down 10lbs!

I'm trying to get my Protein in by Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, tuna, canned chicken breast, Protein shake here or there. Can't eat too much at one time but I'm grazing. I'm failing on my fluids but each day I can take in more and more.

Hopefully things stay this way! Let's all keep in touch and help each other out!

I was sleeved on 12/3. I am gettin in Protein and Water, but it us a all day thing. I got Protein that has 50 grams I mix with Almond milk.

What is the protein with 50 grams? My surgery was 11/30 and it's been a real struggle to get 65-80 grams of protein in

Up in the middle of the night with gas pains had surgery on the 10th I finally passed gas (sorry If tmi) only kept belching prior. I'm getting through it seen everyone complain about gas pain was lucky until now

I'm on Day 2 of post op. This gas pain is no joke. I can't get comfortable to sleep but did manage to sleep 3 hours. I have a lot pain in the small incision on the right side, I had a hernia repaired that required stitches that I was unaware of going in to surgery. Right now I'm only worried about getting Fluid in because I don't want to get dehydrated.

Best wishes to everyone and I'm so thankful to have this site to come too ????

Every day is better than the last! I'm on day 4, last night I slept well without extra pillows, and could turn reasonably comfortably, though I turned awkwardly once and my big incision pulled and felt sore. Today is the first day I feel able to get dressed and leave the house for a little while. I'll also take my first shower!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Every day is better than the last! I'm on day 4, last night I slept well without extra pillows, and could turn reasonably comfortably, though I turned awkwardly once and my big incision pulled and felt sore. Today is the first day I feel able to get dressed and leave the house for a little while. I'll also take my first shower!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

You are day four I am day three I guess and I want a shower so bad I was about to attempt to take one just don't know if I can bend really yet uuggh I feel dirty lol

Sleeved on the 10th, the two things that are annoying are the gas pains in my right shoulder & getting enough Water down. Other than that the pain from being sleeved & hernia repair are manageable.

Glad to hear the water intake gets easier as the weeks pass.

I was sleeved on 12/4. My surgery went great, I was up and walking within hours after surgery. I am not having any issues with getting fluids or Protein. But I am not loosing weight and I am at a stand still. Which I will be talking to my dr today since I go in to get my staples out. I am trying really hard to limit my eating and making sure I am getting my protein in, but I am like some others. Did they really do the surgery or go in and look. :)

I was sleeved on 12/10 too. I also had hiatal hernia surgery that I didn't know I had. My doctor used glue for the incisions and I was able to shower by day 3. I am finding it very difficult to get both the 60g of Protein and 64 ounces of Water down per day. These gas pains are tough to get through but I just can't wait for another day to see if it gets better. Try to take one day at a time. Today is day five and I was able to have some cream of wheat for Breakfast and some cream Soup for lunch. It tasted really good but I am not been hungry at all for this whole process. I attended a 12 week course prior to the surgery and started losing weight. I believe I had shrunk my stomach prior to the surgery which really helped with and cravings

I was sleeved on 12/10 too. I also had hiatal hernia surgery that I didn't know I had. My doctor used glue for the incisions and I was able to shower by day 3. I am finding it very difficult to get both the 60g of Protein and 64 ounces of Water down per day. These gas pains are tough to get through but I just can't wait for another day to see if it gets better. Try to take one day at a time. Today is day five and I was able to have some cream of wheat for breakfast and some cream Soup for lunch. It tasted really good but I am not been hungry at all for this whole process. I attended a 12 week course prior to the surgery and started losing weight. I believe I had shrunk my stomach prior to the surgery which really helped with and cravings

Hey, I was also the 10th too its hard for me to get down all the fluids as well I just do not be hungry my Dr has said not to worry about the protein as much this week if I can't but fluids are important yesterday I did about 56 oz today I'm not close..gas pain is annoying but like you said each day has been better than the last today has been pretty good to me looking forward to tomorrow day 6 to see how I feel. One week follow up appt fri at that point I should be able to move onto the next food phase of like yogurts and hot cereals

Thank you for sharing your posts!

I just had sleeve surgery last Friday (December 11th), and my doctor only had me on Clear liquids the first two days. Beginning yesterday, I was able to start creamed Soups, Protein drinks, custard/puddings, Jello, etc. I have been able to tolerate EVERYTHING I've eaten with minimal pain, and I'm hoping I'm not eating too much to actually stretch my stomach back out (I'm not sure if that is possible at this stage or not!). I do get cramping and discomfort with drinking Water, but told I would. I have found Muscle Milk to be great tasting, 20 grams of Protein per drink, and doesn't cause that "yuck" effect!

I am anxious to speak with my doctor at my two 1/2 week mark!