Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight loss on track but I eat a LOT

post-263062-14493682688931_thumb.jpg

I though my I'd lose way faster than the chart because I always have (even though I always gained it back pre surgery). I still don't get why this goes so slowly unless it's just the healing factor changes metabolism.

Anyway, just so you know this sad chart seems to be pretty accurate for me. Nice to be able to predict something.

But, boy can I eat. 2 fried eggs just like a normal person, a couple mozzarella sticks (string cheese thingies), and 4 Popsicles. No problem. It's all on my program. And yes, I'm on purées so that ease could change. Yesterday in 2 days I ate a log of fresh soft mozzarella. Delish! But seems like a lot of food.

I eat turkey chili - 1/2 can for a meal. Yum. I'm 6 weeks out in Monday.

Is this ok?

Are you eating two fried eggs cheese and Popsicles all in one sitting? I guess if you say it's in your plan it's ok but I would try to get some Protein from other sources besides cheese. I don't know what brand of cheese you're eating ect...but some cheese has a lot of salt & calories. It can also stop you up in the BM department. It's ok but I wouldn't eat a ton of it.

I'm 3.5 months out and I can't eat 1 whole egg.

Yes all eaten pretty much in same meal. I had heard people who said they could only eat one egg. I could probably eat four or five gradually I'm not quite sure why.

Why are you even attempting to eat so much? Are you weighing and measuring your food? Are you following your plan? Are you getting in all of your Protein and fluids?

I would suggest you make an appointment with your NUT if you are having trouble following your program and/or are unhappy with your progress.

Just because you CAN, doesn't mean you SHOULD.

I concur with the above advice. Get into the habit of weighing and measuring everything and stop when finished or satisfied, not when full. Don't just count on the sleeve to do all the work. Work that sleeve!

I have no instructions about weighing and measuring - only eat all your Protein and water! That's why I'm asking. They act like the sleeve will restrict but for me it doesn't. No guidance in portions and since I'm in no way uncomfortable how am I supposed to know? :(

It says on the package. shakes, eggs, # of servings per calories/carbs on cheese. It's not hard.

EVERYTHING that goes in my mouth gets measured, weighed, or portioned, and then logged in a food journal. i'm 4.5 months post op, and a meal is 2 oz cooked Protein and 1/4 c. veggies, maybe 1 T. greek yogurt (as a mayo sub) or salsa. that's 1/2 c., 8-9 T. food TOTAL per meal. i eat 4 meals and have 2 watered down smoothies per day. total Fluid intake 80-96 floz. if i have 2.5 oz protein at a meal, i feel full, too full. 3 oz would be like the third plate at thanksgiving. (by the way, i did not miss the gluttony of thanksgiving this year. i had tastes of everything i wanted and that was just right!) if you keep eating like this you will stretch out your pouch or worse, need emergency surgery to repair damage. is that what you really want?

I was sleeved on 10/26 and feel like I can eat more than everyone else too Same as you; 2 eggs no problem. I worry that I will over eat though so measure everything and fill up on Water when I'm hungry.

I have no instructions about weighing and measuring - only eat all your Protein and water! That's why I'm asking. They act like the sleeve will restrict but for me it doesn't. No guidance in portions and since I'm in no way uncomfortable how am I supposed to know? :(

No restriction at all? Yeah I'd make an appointment with my NUT or doctor even. I'm 11 weeks out and I have restriction. Lots of it still. Which is a good thing. The only thing I find I CAN some what eat with no issues is cheese puff... I guess they are a slider food for me, so I limit that... But I even get sick when I eat too fast so I can't even imagine eating too much and not knowing it.

Also, I know that everyone's plan is different but weighing and measuring is VERY helpful. There are sites out there that show you what portion sizes should look like... You might also consider Portion Control plates.

It says on the package. shakes, eggs, # of servings per calories/carbs on cheese. It's not hard.

Then doesn't that provide info on portions?

I am confused. You say you don't understand portions but you do have access to portion information if you have it on the label.

Just trying to help.

I'm still so confused as to how you can eat this much. Do you let it digest and eat more? I can't wrap my brain around it.

I don't measure everything I eat. I don't track everything either. I make the best choices with each bite and listen to my body. I know in a couple of months I will HAVE to keep track of it. For right now I'm managing without.

Edited by southernbelle256