Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

does anyone have 60 pounds or less to lose?

I am in that category as well. I'm in the beginning stages and waiting for a consultation which I hope will happen this week and then I will know if I will be accepted. I'm self pay in Canada and I'm expecting to have my surgery in Toronto.

I am the same as you guys. I would like to lose between 60 and 80 lbs. the weird thing is that I feel almost guilty for having such a "smaller" amount to lose compared to many others. But in the same breath I know that the stuggle is no less significant. I feel exactly the same as someone who needs to lose 250. The internal struggle is real and valid.

How's everyone doing so far?

I'm scheduled for Jan 9th and have about 40 lbs to lose.

So far so good. I do not see where low BMIers post stats, results, saggy skin, goal weight, etc. Guess I will start.

SW:201

Surgery Weight:192

CW: 177

Hoping to lose 30-40 more pounds. I'm going to see if I can resume exercise at least on elliptical or stair climber. It's been challenging getting my fluids in Protein is no problem. I was sleeved 12/08/2015 so still a newbie. Let me know if you have questions I will try to answer.

Edited by Cutepretty1

I'm in the beginning stages and am thinking 60-70max. I'm haven't seen my surgeon yet so this just a guess after reading and researching.

So far so good. I do not see where low BMIers post stats, results, saggy skin, goal weight, etc. Guess I will start.

SW:201

Surgery Weight:192

CW: 177

Hoping to lose 30-40 more pounds. I'm going to see if I can resume exercise at least on elliptical or stair climber. It's been challenging getting my fluids in Protein is no problem. I was sleeved 12/08/2015 so still a newbie. Let me know if you have questions I will try to answer.

Same here 177 being sleeved in the morning. I want to lose 40 pounds. My High weight was 205 I am nervous.

@@conrad1 I was nervous, scared, etc. A part of me felt I was being vain as I had no comorbidities. I prayed about it and let God handle it but I was ecstatic when I woke up in recovery. The second day I asked them to remove the catheter so I could walk. I wish you the best tomorrow and please keep us posted.

I was sleeved July 11, 2015. I was 5'7" and weighed 185 (bmi of 30). My goal was to lose 50 lbs.

I've hit my original goal! I'm at 135 but am aiming to lose another 10. Currrently my bmi is 21. Ive gone from a size 16 pant to size 8. I feel amazing. I go to kickboxing class 2x/week. This is something I wouldn't have ever tried before and I can't tell you how much I love it!! I've gotten my life back!! I'm happy, healthy and confident again and I'm beyond thrilled.

Recovery for us low bmi-ers is much easier than those who have more to lose. Honestly, by the next day I felt like I hadn't had surgery at all!! I haven't regretted my surgery for a second in the almost 6 months since. Not a second.

I was self pay. I'm a Canadian who went to PV Mexico for surgery. There was no way I would have qualified for free surgery through health care. It only costed me $5500 US and the care I received was incredible...as was spending time on the beaches of Mexico haha. I went there for surgery alone and never once felt scared or unsafe. I decided I'd rather go alone for surgery and have family join me for a holiday there once the weight was gone. Guess what?!! My 2 sons, my boyfriend and I are booked to return to Puerto Vallarta during February break!!! Soooo exciting!!

There has been no sagging skin. I spent a lot of time exercising in the beginning because I was worried about that. I take Multivitamins plus B12, Calcium and Biotin supplements daily. Going to add a multi B Vitamin as well.

Congrats on your decision to have surgery. It's an incredible gift to yourself. I hope your journey is as wonderful as mine has been. Let me know if you have any questions!!

Well I have to go back to searching. I was told today my BMI is too low. I have to be over 40 to be accepted :( Am I really doing the right thing? I'm willing to pay, not expecting any insurance to help. I know I'm fat but not in danger of losing my life at this moment. I'm 5'4" at 200 lbs.

Do I go the Mexico route?

Well I have to go back to searching. I was told today my BMI is too low. I have to be over 40 to be accepted :( Am I really doing the right thing? I'm willing to pay, not expecting any insurance to help. I know I'm fat but not in danger of losing my life at this moment. I'm 5'4" at 200 lbs.

my bmi was 38...I am 4'9 I weighed 180. I had the sleeve done because I was as round as I was tall plus 2 blood pressure meds plus acid reflux. I am now 142 and 22 pounds from my goal. I paid for my surgery. My dr said I added 10 plus years to my life. . I just had twin grandbabies ...I had surgery Oct 6th. I feel awesome and so thankful I made this decision for me.

I am in that category as well. I'm in the beginning stages and waiting for a consultation which I hope will happen this week and then I will know if I will be accepted. I'm self pay in Canada and I'm expecting to have my surgery in Toronto.

I am the same as you guys. I would like to lose between 60 and 80 lbs. the weird thing is that I feel almost guilty for having such a "smaller" amount to lose compared to many others. But in the same breath I know that the stuggle is no less significant. I feel exactly the same as someone who needs to lose 250. The internal struggle is real and valid.

I felt the same way.

I was so depressed over my weight and my inability to lose it and keep it off no matter what I did. I just had had enough. Plus at 37 yo I had high blood pressure and triglycerides. I knew my situation would only get worse. I figured why wait for more meds and problems. Plus I'm ready to look good NOW!

Regarding Mexico, I don't know looks like plenty of people on here have done it- I found a surgeon here in Florida who did it.

I have 55 to 60 pounds to lose as well going from a band to bypass middle of Jan

My Dr here in Alabama charged 10k .. that was hospital, pathology, nutrition class, bloodwork and 2 year of follow up. I was only off work 5 days.

That's the route I'm taking. I could gain another 40-50 lbs and MAYBE be approved, but I figure that will only cause more medical issues. I've told my family doctor my plan and surprisingly she didn't even try and talk me out of it. Not that that is her job, but I figured she'd give me the usual, you're not big enough to be doing such a drastic surgery. She never even voiced any concerns about me going the Mexico route.

I've done a ton of research and feel very comfortable with the surgeon I have chosen. Although I am somewhat nervous and every once in a while question my decision, I wish my surgery was tomorrow so I can get on with my life.

At only 28 years old, I don't want to live the rest of my life in depression. I am sick of my weight having this much control over my life. I realize this is a life long commitment but am looking forward to focusing on other things in my life than just the scale.

It's a huge decision that only you can make, but I do think it's worth at least doing research and considering the Mexico option. There's probably only a handful of surgeons I've read about that I would consider using, but the same could probably be said for the States and Canada.