Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PCOS! Suffer no more! Please read

I have suffered for PCOS for 20 years with absent periods,hair on my face and body. Routinely going to the docter him prescribing me the pill to induce a period, telling me to lose weight and the cycle went on and on. I was 100lbs over weight & he said if i lost just 10% of my weight my periods would begin. Every body had their reasons for the bariatric surgery mine was to have a period... So off i went on my journey on the 26/2/15 and 9 months later i lost 77lbs and then finally after 20 years i had my first period. No pain just very dark urine followed by a period. I was scared to look when I went to the loo was this a fluke and maybe I had imagined it but it was very real. Some women see this every month and I have longed to see this happen to me for over 20 years. At 1 point I thought I had hit early menopause or having children was a pipe dream but now this has given me hope. The sleeve has been a success for me. In the 9 months so many of my goals have been achieved. For anybody overweight suffering from pcos dont give it a second thought - have the surgery it will help you!

Yay!

PCOS has ruined my quality of life.

Congratulations @@nikki1980! This is just one of the reasons that I am looking to have the WLS. This gives me hope that I too cant beat PCOS and regain some normalcy to my life. I know just how you feel. The same old lose some weight advice and throwing pills at me was the same routine that I have experienced. I am so happy for you because you are free from the grips of it totally ruling over your entire life. @@Pinkgirl1234 keep fighting. You are not alone. You will get past this!

Ive been unfertile and now 30 one reason i did this cple years we can have a baby everything has been checked

Did you experience a reduction in facial hair? ? It's like my BIGGEST hope of this whole surgery. I've been dealing with it since 14 and I'm now 27. Tired of feeling like a prisoner of my own body. Thanks for any advice you're willing to offer. And a huge congrats on your success!

Edited by kris10or

Ugh...facial hair...I can't stand it.

Ya know the old question, "you're stranded on a deserted island, what 3 items do you take?" My answer has always been - razor, razor, razor. It truly is like the bane of my existence. So embarrassing and so exhausting. I was luckily a very good athlete so I never was really made fun of. But I'll never forget when I was 15 (had been forced to start shaving my under chin area for about a year) and a guy asked me if I could teach him how to shave. Yeah, kill me now. I'm so thankful I have an adoring fiancé that had accepted that my PCOS does things I can't control. But it wasn't until I scheduled this surgery and was having to defend my choices to family that I broke down one night and actually SAID what we both knew I'd been having to do daily for the 3.5 years we've been dating. I think any objections he had then went away. This surgery is just my only hope ... Or at least that's how I feel. Tell me I'm not alone.

Hi ladies i am not going to say the sleeve surgery is the answer to eradicate hair as 3 years prior to my surgery i have been having nd yag laser hair removal on my face neck chest and arms. I have it done every 3 months and it was expensive but no more razors my hair is no longer thick and unruly its like baby hair can barely see it. However since the surgery i have noticed the one area which was problematic and i didn't get laser hair removal was my back. The hair is not as thick and that too has slowed down in growth and thickness. I had started shaving at the age of 12 & would steal razor blades from my brother as I couldnt afford to buy them. Then i started wearing make up at the same age just to cover the stubble. I lost friends at school because they saw me as a freak and getting ready to go to school or work over the next 15-20 years would start 3 hours earlier plucking hairs from my chin, shaving and them concealing and then not having any eye contact with anybody in case they looked at mu face too long. Man i dont know how i got through it when i look back now. Pcos is not a disability or a serious illness like cancer but it ruined the first 27 years of my life... I had no help i had to educate myself fix me myself

I did laser hair removal probably 7 years ago. I had somewhere around 9 sessions on the same area, under my chin and above my neck. They explained that since my hair was "hormonal" it might not make AS BIG of a difference. It made 0 difference. I have done metformin, spironolactone, birth control, and finally went to an endocrinologist who told me to join weight watchers to lose weight. Yet she admitted its probably 99% harder for me to lose weight than anyone else. I have roughly 10-15 cysts on both ovaries. Yet I had regular periods before I got my IUD.

Anyways, I'm blabbering. I just didn't find laser was worth a shit for me. Big waste of a few thousand dollars for me. Honestly, I figure it nothing changes with my facial hair, at least I'll have more confidence with my body. That truly where I'm at right now.

I have had 2 surgeries to remove 30+ cysts and then partial hysterectomy but they keep one ovary....still complications from PCOS.I spent over 3G on laser and it worked for a bit but now the hair is back so I thread...I am also not at my best with my looks right now.I have to get a new job but MY look is not where it needs to be...I have to up my game and being this fat...gained all the weight back is not making me a happy camper.

Ya know the old question, "you're stranded on a deserted island, what 3 items do you take?" My answer has always been - razor, razor, razor. It truly is like the bane of my existence. So embarrassing and so exhausting. I was luckily a very good athlete so I never was really made fun of. But I'll never forget when I was 15 (had been forced to start shaving my under chin area for about a year) and a guy asked me if I could teach him how to shave. Yeah, kill me now. I'm so thankful I have an adoring fiancé that had accepted that my PCOS does things I can't control. But it wasn't until I scheduled this surgery and was having to defend my choices to family that I broke down one night and actually SAID what we both knew I'd been having to do daily for the 3.5 years we've been dating. I think any objections he had then went away. This surgery is just my only hope ... Or at least that's how I feel. Tell me I'm not alone.

I am getting a bypass because I have a failed lapband and acid reflux...plus I need to lose a great deal of weight 100 + pounds but I have friends who got the sleeve and they are doing well...really well!!!

You have to tell as few people as possible...family sometimes have too much to say...really...you sound young with a nice relationship with a caring guy but you know you are not at your best and let's get real...you need to keep him if you love him and being fat is not fantastic.I put on weight and dropped a boyfriend because he was not understanding my issues.

The excess weight has to come off and I want off of metformin.

I need the surgery as a tool to help me...

Uncomfortable and not living life to the fullest.

Hi. I am 6 days post op. I also suffer from PCOS. I can handle the missed periods but the facial hair drives me bonkers!! I have to shave under my chin daily. Soooo embarrassing!

My husband knows about it but we don't talk about it cause it is so embarrassing.

I also had laser treatments. Was told that it would take about 9 treatments to rid my face of the hair. 12 sessions later nothing had changed. I spoke with the owner who told me that most treatments don't work on those with PCOS. I was furious! I told them before I paid them 2k that I had PCOS. So now they wanted more money but couldn't guarantee results. I tried to get my money back but to no avail.

I really hope that at the least my facial hair will grow slower and not as much as I lose weight and get close to my goal weight.

Good luck to all of you Ladies ????????