Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What can I do with...cottage cheese?

I happen to love cheese, and cottage cheese has come to be one of my go to meal and snack staples.

I like cottage cheese plain, but I also like it topped with something tasty.

I like it with various toppings and add-ins like:

Freshly ground black pepper

Fresh, ripe, sliced Tomato

Fresh herbs (like dill)

Fresh fruit

Cucumber yogurt salad

Greek salad toppings

Kalamata olives

Pickled beets

Dash of Salad Dressing

What do you like to add to your cottage cheese?

unfortunately my pouch reacted violently when I tried cottage cheese - hoping someday to be able to eat it again because I love it.

I also loved it with fruit - especially mandarin oranges - - Have you tried it with chives?

I have made it with fat free marinara and a little shredded chicken and some eggplant as a meal - layered it like a lasagna and it was grand! I do love plain cottage cheese too.

This may sound weird, but I like to put some splenda or truvia, cinnamon and Fiber one Cereal on cottage cheese.< /p>

I like everything you listed.

I like to add pudding into the mix as well as fruit. I have done just the pudding powder as well as actually making the pudding and mixing it together with the cottage cheese.

I also, similar to @@kimby1029, have mixed it with marinara sauce (or any Pasta sauce, except alfredo), topped it with a little cheese (usually parmesan), and enjoyed. I have heated it up slightly and have eaten it cold.

I sometimes add cottage cheese to Protein shakes for more Protein and thickness.

I have seen recipes for cottage cheese pancakes but I have not tried them. I think the recipes for ricotta pancakes sound yummier.

I add my scoop of Protein Powder to my cottage cheese with spices, delish!!!!

I put a scoop inside half an avocado with salt and pepper. I can only take a few bites of it at one sitting. 7 weeks out. Maybe it will get a little better soon.

Muscle Milk cake batter Protein powder + cottage cheese tastes like cheesecake.

I also love cottage cheese and peaches. It's a snack my mom always made for us kids.

Edited by Kindle

Salt, pepper, and some Picante sauce... I love it like this, and got the idea because I also like it with chopped tomatoes, salt n pepper.

If I want something sweet I will add a little squirt of strawberry Mio and a pack of Stevia.

Cottage cheese is also good topped with Spaghetti Sauce and warmed in the microwave.

Mmmm, love cottage cheese with pineapple and cinnamon with a tiny bit of stevia - the colder the better. It's heaven, close your eyes and it's an ice cream sundae with pineapple

My go-to is also cottage cheese.

My adds:

1. A few raisins and a few chopped walnuts

2. A pkt of Splenda and a diced 1/4 apple

3. A pkt of Splenda and a diced 1/4 peach

4. Some green chili and a bit of shredded cheddar

I forgot to add that I have used it in place of sour cream on a baked potato. I haven't had a baked potato since surgery :/

I also mix my non-fat cottage cheese with real whipped cream and oreo cookie crumbles... naw, I don't really, only in my old fat dreams...:)