Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are protein shakes and protein juices the same?

I am overwhelmed at all the information on this site, it's AMAZING! I am curious though because I can't find any mention of this on the surface so I figured I would throw it out and see if anyone knows. I am lactose intolerant and have tried the Protein powders with almond milk and they are just gross. Does anyone drink the nectar protein juices as their protein source and since (I assume) they are thinner, will they keep my hunger at bay? Are they ok to drink as the Clear Liquids after surgery?

Yes, Syntrax nectar is a good Protein shake. Check with your NUT to see if they are considered clear though.

I liked ProtiDiet liquid beverage concentrates during my clear phase. They gave them to me at the hospital (undiluted over a little crushed ice). After a while I was able to dilute then with Water. I till use them in my water bottle and with Water enhancers occasionally.

I prefer the nectar drinks with Water.

They offer a sample pack of many of their flavors @15 dont quote me lol...totally worth it

866-333-7403 you have to call

Yes but just once. Only with French vanilla and was not impressed. If I could "know" that a certain flavor would be good in Water, I would gladly try it but I hate to spend so much money on these products, especially if the juice ones are just as good for you.

Appreciate your help! I figured if there were "Secret" hints, someone on here would know! Definitely did not realize there were menu items you could only call for-thanks!

Yes but just once. Only with French Vanilla and was not impressed. If I could "know" that a certain flavor would be good in Water, I would gladly try it but I hate to spend so much money on these products, especially if the juice ones are just as good for you.

Get samples before you invest in a large size of anything. You can get sample packs of Syntrax directly from the manufacturer. Also, you can request samples or buy single-serve packs from others like Quest. If you go to GNC they can let you taste test and also have a generous return policy.

The clear Protein drink may work for you, however many of them are made with whey isolate. Since the lactose is removed you should be okay but for some highly sensitive people or people with dairy allergies even this can trigger a reaction. If that's the case you may need to look into vegan Protein drinks and powders.< /p>

Yes but just once. Only with French Vanilla and was not impressed. If I could "know" that a certain flavor would be good in Water, I would gladly try it but I hate to spend so much money on these products, especially if the juice ones are just as good for you.

Taste is subjective. What one person likes you may hate. The only true option is to try a few for yourself. Just keep your receipts. If you dislike them you can return any unused portion.

Just a couple of more ideas - fairlife milk - and as I recall, I *believe* it says it is lactose free. Also, Core Power - great shake and it is lactose free. Tastes like, to me, milk with strawberry nestle quik in it (the strawberry banana). Good luck!

Beverly International Ultimate Muscle Protein aka UMP is hands down the best tasting Protein Powder of all the brands I've tried. They are expensive but in my opinion - worth it.