Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When to start solid foods!?!?

Soo I'm 3 weeks Post Op as of today..and I'm seeing everywhere that people that are at my stage, have been eating, but very soft foods like boiled eggs or scrambled eggs tuna or Canned chicken or pureed foods. Should I be starting on food of such?..or am I at the right stage?, because I still only have liquids, like juice Water Protein Shakes broth and milk also Popsicles pudding yogurts and Jello. When I last saw my Doctor he told me to start on "Stage 3"..but when I read the stages..I should have been started on Stage 3 right after I got home..and the next time I see my Doctor is in 5 weeks????..so I'm going to be on Liquids and puddings for 5 more weeks??!?!?..ahhh!!????????

There is no standard program... every surgeon is different. Follow the info provided by your surgeon/nutrionist Do you have contact info for your NUT (nutritionist)? If so call or email and ask them what stage you should be on.

I came home on a full liquid diet... had my first appt 1 week out and was moved to pureed foods... at 3 weeks out went to soft foods.

There is no standard program... every surgeon is different. Follow the info provided by your surgeon/nutrionist Do you have contact info for your NUT (nutritionist)? If so call or email and ask them what stage you should be on.

I came home on a full liquid diet... had my first appt 1 week out and was moved to pureed foods... at 3 weeks out went to soft foods.

Yes I have the papers and I have contact information. Yea see I feel like I'm a little behind with it..and I honestly don't know if my doctor would be the one to say "ok to the next stage" or it goes my the booklet and my weeks post op..thanks I was contemplating on contacting her idk why ..I just don't like feeling like a nag lol..but yea I'm going to email my NUT And Doctor to see where I'm at..THANKS!!

Congratulations on your surgery and doing so well post surgery!

Regarding your comment about not wanting to feel like a nag. My brother and sister-in-law are both doctors and they say that when it comes to your health, if you have a question, no matter what it is, you should always contact your health provider. ;)

I had my last pre op nut visit today(surgery next week). They gave us calendars with the dates marked so we would know when to transition to each stage. It was very helpful, she said when you transition you can always go back a stage if you need to because your stomach isn't ready yet..each person will be different on how quickly they are comfortable reintroducing certain foods.

I had my last pre op nut visit today(surgery next week). They gave us calendars with the dates marked so we would know when to transition to each stage. It was very helpful, she said when you transition you can always go back a stage if you need to because your stomach isn't ready yet..each person will be different on how quickly they are comfortable reintroducing certain foods.

Yea I have the same thing if not very similar and I tried solid foods today and it didn't play in my favor at all????..I might have to step back a stage...But Congratulations on making the big decision to make a difference in your life!!!..I hope everything goes well with you..and the best of luck!!!

Congratulations on your surgery and doing so well post surgery!

Regarding your comment about not wanting to feel like a nag. My brother and sister-in-law are both doctors and they say that when it comes to your health, if you have a question, no matter what it is, you should always contact your health provider. ;)

Thank you very Much!! Yeaa that's exactly what they both said today when I called them and Emailed, they said no question is a dumb question and no question is too little and never to hesitate contact them when its regarding something so serious.