Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone had their gastric balloon for over a month yet?

Or is anyone else scheduled to get it?

I am scheduled to get a gastric balloon this Friday. I'm curious to see how it's going for those of you who have had it for awhile. I'm getting more nervous the closer it gets.

Edited by SLSH

I had my balloon inserted today.

I feel like garbage. I hoped I'd be one of those patients who didn't have any.

My Dr and the articles say that this sick feeling goes away after awhile 3-6 days. I hope I'm 3 days.

My Dr and the articles say that this sick feeling goes away after awhile 3-6 days. I hope I'm 3 days.

I had mine inserted today, 2/11/2016, and I feel horrible too. When did you start feeling better?

After 3 days I felt a little better. I was good for a few days then I'd get really sick. It went on like that for a month. At 6 weeks I thought I was in the clear. Then I got sick again. Just when I think o have everything figured out, i get sick. :) but it's more manageable now.

I'm about 10 weeks out now.

Originally I wanted the balloon, but my doctor and nurses talked me out of it. They claimed the feeling of feeling full all the time would not work for me because u can't take anything for relieving the full feeling.

Good luck with it. Reviews are positive when researching it!!

I had Obera on March 2nd and I still feel like crap! I am taking the nausea medicine and some days it works and other days it doesn't. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the thick spit/flem that is constantly running down my throat and makes me want to gag every time I swallow? I have been using Biotene but it still continues to be there. HELP!!!

After 3 days I felt a little better. I was good for a few days then I'd get really sick. It went on like that for a month. At 6 weeks I thought I was in the clear. Then I got sick again. Just when I think o have everything figured out, i get sick. :) but it's more manageable now.
I'm about 10 weeks out now.

I had my balloon inserted on March 2nd and I am still sick! I've lost 25 pounds which is great but I need to know how to get rid of the thick spit/flem that is constantly running down my throat and makemeag every time I swallow. Anyone have any suggestions? HELP!

I had mine inserted today, 2/11/2016, and I feel horrible too. When did you start feeling better?

I had my balloon inserted on March 2nd and I am still sick! I've lost 25 pounds which is great but I need to know how to get rid of the thick spit/flem that is constantly running down my throat and makemeag every time I swallow. Anyone have any suggestions? HELP!

I'm sorry you are feeling so sick. I didn't have flem issues so I'm not sure what to tell you. I used to get that when I was pregnant and had morning sickness. I think it just got better slowly over time.

I hope you feel better soon. Your body will adjust and you will feel better.

Hang in there!

I am exactly three weeks post Orbera today and am feeling pretty good. 16 pounds gone. Stamina low but improving by the day. Not doing well with solid food, but getting 15gm Protein with each Atkins shake. I strain creamy Soups. Satisfying, and add a little skim milk to them. Suggest everyone use Miralax. clogged colon wont help with digestion.

I just passed seven weeks. Things are going well - I feel good and do not seem to be sensitive to any foods (although it took me a couple of weeks to get there). My weight loss goals are on track, although I am hearing that people who are further out than I am I either stopped losing weight or it has slowed down quite a bit. I hope that's not the case for me, but we shall see. In the meantime I'm really focusing on getting the optimal amount of calories and Protein for me ... so far, so good. I now need to focus on exercise more ... once I get into the groove of doing that, hopefully that will keep my weight loss moving along. Fingers crossed! :-)

I just passed seven weeks. Things are going well - I feel good and do not seem to be sensitive to any foods (although it took me a couple of weeks to get there). My weight loss goals are on track, although I am hearing that people who are further out than I am I either stopped losing weight or it has slowed down quite a bit. I hope that's not the case for me, but we shall see. In the meantime I'm really focusing on getting the optimal amount of calories and Protein for me ... so far, so good. I now need to focus on exercise more ... once I get into the groove of doing that, hopefully that will keep my weight loss moving along. Fingers crossed! :-)

Do you mind if I ask how much weight you've lost now WT? Thanks!