Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where did you all lose weight from first?

First, it looks like somebody is up thinkin' when they ought to be sleepin'!

Secondly, I lost from the top down, then the feet up. Even though I am close to goal, I am the shape of a pencil with a donut around the middle.

no not really. I tend to stay up late because it's the only time I have to exercise and then after I do I need to relax to get sleepy so I play around on the Internet, shop online, or do laundry and chores. It's life with 7 kids. ????

@@Sajijoma - SEVEN Kids?????

Wow - I had 5 at home years ago and I can only imagine what have a couple of more would've been like :D

I miss those days :D

I replied earlier and I wanted to add that although I have lost proportionately it is still sad to look down and see the deflated muffin top as they call it now.

Spandex is your friend :D

I am down 50lbs. My kids say they can see it in my face. My clothes are looser, down about 1 pants size. Yesterday, I noticed that a couple of my favorite jackets fit me differently. The arms are too long!!! It has to be that I have lost in my upper arms and shoulder area.

Proportionately, but I'd say face and feet first. Then stomach, hips and legs. Now my butt is gone but only lost a few inches from my waist up.

Me too. I've been working out with weights. Its helping a bit. If my Co workers say my FACE is smaller one more time. I'll scream

I lost weight on my legs and feet first. Then my head. My hat was too big. I had RNY on July 29th, lost 80 pounds so far and it's now just starting to come off my stomach. I still haven't lost ONE bra size. The nurse said that my remaining 30 pounds has to come from somewhere, so hopefully, I will loose a bra size or two.

Me too. I've been working out with weights. Its helping a bit. If my Co workers say my FACE is smaller one more time. I'll scream

They could be saying worse things ;)

I've lost 101 lbs now, and much of it is from my face, shoulders, back, upper torso area. I never had a butt (tragic white girl syndrome), but everything around my waist has gotten smaller at a MUCH slower weight. I'm just an apple shape, so I'm learning to deal with it.

My face and neck are generally the first to start their incredible shrinking with my waist line in a close second, the thighs and hips, then finally the butt. Of course, the feet and hands go with the face and neck. I am going to go ahead and say it is because these are the most outer extremities.

I'm with the minority, I'm losing from the bottom up. I wear a 10 or medium in pants but I could easily wear a size 12 or large on top. Hoping it will eventually even out.

I have pretty much been loosing weight evenly throughout my body, however my waist and tummy were where I noticed the weight loss the fastest. my midsection was the last place I gained, so I guess it was to first to shrink.

I started noticing the weight loss in my lower belly, rear end and hips, first. Then I noticed it in my legs, then my face but overall, I have lost evenly. I carried my weight evenly and was never "top" or "bottom" heavy. I don't know if that has anything to do with where one would lose the weight first. *shrug*

I lost weight in my face first, the first compliment/question came at about 8 -10 weeks after WLS, 19 lbs down. I was also loosing everwhere else too, my jackets started getting too big, along with my jeans. 5 big garbage bags of clothes went bye bye about 4 months out ( fun !!! ) Shoes and rings got smaller too. Clothes shopping is ALOT of fun now !!

I eventually slimmed down to a very nice figure, but for some reason this year ive lost my rear end !! Idk, age ? Muscle tone ? Oh well, I 'll take a slim, strong healthy body over anything else any day of the week ! Good luck !!!