Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where did you all lose weight from first?

I had RNY on 11/9 and I've noticed that I'm losing weight from the top down! It's so weird! My face is thin now and I've lost a couple of top sizes, but my bottom half is still the same size! I feel like one of those bopping balloons or something that you hit and it wobbles but sits right back up! Did anyone else lose like this and when did the bottom half kick in?

I had my sleeve on 20 November, it's still early days but I can notice some slimming in my face already, and my feet, they aren't puffy balloons anymore!

I lose and gain exactly the same way - proportionally. I was pretty sad for the first 3 months as I couldn't see any difference in how I looked (despite my clothes being looser), until my husband pointed out that I was losing weight from everywhere so it wouldn't be obvious unless I compared past photos. Even my feet and fingers are smaller - I've had to get new rings twice so far!! :D

I use my measurements to tell where I'm losing. I try to measure every 3 weeks, sometimes it's weekly. You'd be very surprised how many inches you lose and don't realize it.

I lost proportionately, but it was most noticeable in my face and upper body because I was very bottom heavy. I measured monthly, and ultimately lost 20 inches on my hips alone!

Although I am losing pretty proportionately, my face is the most noticeable. I think because it was the last to get 'fat' it was the first to lose. I am hoping exercise helps to keep things even. I exercised in the pool a lot before surgery and am trying to do the same now. I hope to get clearance from my doctor on Thursday to start with weights to help tone a bit. (I am 6 weeks out from surgery)

I gained from the bottom up, and am losing from the top down. I think for me it is a "last on, first off" type thing, lol. I am actually losing it fairly proportionally, but tend to carry more weight in butt belly and thighs until I get closer to a healthy weight... which again were the first places I gained noticeable amounts.

I have lost proportionately too. I have always lost in my waist first and fortunately that still happened. My chest has gone down a small amount but they have been big since I was 13-14 y/o.

I walk a lot at work (don't sit all 8 hours) and that seems to help.

Feet first. By the time I came home from the hospital, they were notably smaller. Now it's from the top down. My upper body is a size smaller than my lower half. My hips and thighs require exercise.

First, it looks like somebody is up thinkin' when they ought to be sleepin'!

Secondly, I lost from the top down, then the feet up. Even though I am close to goal, I am the shape of a pencil with a donut around the middle.

I'm definitely a top down loser...my hips are holding on for dear life.

The most noticeable for me was from the top down, and people commented on my face getting thinner initially; then everyone started commenting on how big my slacks were through the seat and that it was time for me to go shopping. A lot of loss was through my back; bra size, but not cup size, changed after a few months. Cup size has caught up :) egs also got skinny which is bizarre to me, because even at my lowest weight as a adult (140), I've never had skinny legs. I've been in a weight loss holding pattern now for at least 4 months, with about 40 lbs. to go to goal. I'm a year+ out from surgery and the complications that followed. Just happy I've made it this far and am getting through the holidays with minimal struggle (at least at this point).

For me it started in my face, hands and feet. Then my butt joined the party and every single ounce of fat I had there left. Literally I have zero fat on my ass and that is a big problem!

Then I swear everything literally started shrinking from my head and neck down after that. I am very very thin in the neck, collar bones, shoulders, lower arms. I am 10lbs from my ideal weight for my height but I have big upper arms, tummy and thighs, all of this being loose skin with some fat still there.

I feel a bit like a sharpei dog. LOL!

My husband agrees that I should consider having my upper arms done now because they were really really big and the loose skin there is terrible.

I lost from the top down too. Very frustrating when my pants weren't getting smaller at the same rate as the top. I've lost a lot from my butt too but not my tummy or my thighs.

Mine seems to also be top down and bottom up. I need my tummy and mid section to catch up!!!!!