Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just got my pre-op date and my surgery date! Eeekkk!

I just got my pre-op appointment and my surgery date. My pre-op is this Wednesday, December 2, 2015 and my surgery date is Monday, December 7th (no time yet). EEEEEKKKKKK!!!! Now I am a BUNDLE of nerves, excitement, anxiety, nerves, excitement, anxiety (well, you get the picture). This just became real!! Any advice from any one? I have been so impatient about getting these appointments and now they're here.

My journey/adventure is about to begin.....

• Good luck! I am a nervous wreck. My pre-op appointment is tomorrow. My surgery is scheduled for 12/17/2015. How have you done on your pre-op diet?

kiba78,

I was a nervous wreck too. My appointment went great. My pre-op diet starts tomorrow and then on Saturday and Sunday it's only Clear liquids and no solid foods. The next two days are Protein shakes for two meals and lean Protein and veggie for the third meal. I won't know until Friday the time of my surgery. I can't wait until Monday. I will be a bundle of emotions until then. Good luck on your pre-op tomorrow!!

My pre-op is on the 8th and my surgery is scheduled for the 14th. I'm feeling the same as you!!

Edited by Ravend26

@banded. How was yours your diet prior to his appointment?

Congrats Raven. How was your diet

So excited for you all! Boy oh boy do I remember the bundle of nerves thing.

My pre-op is December 11 with surgery to follow on December 18th. I start my pre-op diet on Sunday. I am more excited than nervous. I have done all the research and asked just about every question known to man and I am READY!

That's great. I didn't realize what I was getting into yesterday for my pre-op. I had a nutritional class yesterday morning. The nutritionist had her band for 8.5 yrs. the doctor told me to make sure I stay strictly on the diet for the next two weeks to shrink my liver. I'm ready. I guess I'll go to bed early to combat cravings. Today did not go badly.

Hi All! I too am days away from my pre-op diet and surgery. I start my pre-op diet on the 10th and have surgery on the 17th. It's getting real now that it's days away, and I am most terrified of the pre-op diet! I am really worried that I will be starving on liquids and veggies and yogurt for a week, and if I can actually do it without cheating. I think it's going to be torturous. I am ready, but do waver at times, wondering if I could just get it together and do this without surgery. Then, I get excited because I feel hope on the horizon, and that going through with this could finally bring success at losing weight. So, I am experiencing some moments of mixed emotions, but I have come this far and am ready for change and a healthier life. I just hope, I will be happy I did this, and adjust well to banded life. I am not telling anyone except my husband, of course, and I am feeling as it gets closer that I wish I actually knew someone or had other real people around to talk to. Today I logged on and saw so many other December banders, and that was nice, so I will be checking in and hope to share our adventure!

kiba78 was your nutritionist still happy with her band? It seems no one is getting the band anymore, and everyone is getting the sleeve. My nutritionist mentioned that, but I said I don't care! I don't want the sleeve. She said many have unrealistic expectations of weight loss with the band. I was rubbed the wrong way, even though she probably didn't mean it, I just don't need all that right now, I need positivity, reassurance,, and support at this time!

Also, just curious...seeing as the lap band isn't that popular anymore, what made you guys choose the lap band. I, myself, am not ready and willing to cut out 85% of my stomach just yet, even though the weight would fall off uber fast. I just feel I'd be left with no options. The lap band seems more doable to ease into this thing and maybe in 10 years if I have problems and need another option still, then maaaybe. I know there are complications down the line, but they are such that if you've done all your research you should know when things aren't right and have it checked and removed. What were you guy's reasons. I guess it's nice and reassuring to hear others rationale as we get ready to take a leap of faith!

Sun Godess. She was extremely happy with her band. She said there were countless others who had the band that were happy. She was saying that there were some who hit the sleeve who got a band around the top part.

I completely understand about needing positivity because one of my friends instantly started telling me about all of the people she knows who has not had success with the lapband. Etc. Asking me.was insure and etc. I just researched and realize that some things I'm in control of and some I am not. I have yo-yo dieted for years. Some years ago when I wasn't as heavy as I am now I considered the bypass. My family talked me out of it. Now the lapband seems like it is safer. Of course I would like to lose it fast but I would rather enjoy the journey of learning what works for me. It seems the lapband would give me that option . I realize that others don't tell you their full story and when I initially hear that the lapband doesn't work I brace myself for the comments because the lapband is not supposed to work we are. Knowing that I am ultimately responsible it what I realize with the lapband. Also I looked at.the surgery process on YouTube and got the big lapband book sold here that got me more mentally prepared

Sun Godess also I started typing a response to your initial post last night and my iPad deleted it. I get my surgery on the 17th and I am the first patient of the day. My doctor told me to start my diet and I noticed there are two variations. One is drinking Protein shakes 2 times as a Meal Replacement and eating high Protein Snacks. Then I would have one low carb meal.

The second option would be to eat low carb meals throughout the day. I chose the first option because I am busy and I can plan better.

Right now I put in my calendar the weeks when I am to begin each phase and I will buy the foods I will need when I come home from surgery. For the first three weeks I will have some food.availble to me.and I will have to make plans for quick simple meals for my daughter. I'm Uber nervous excited and ready!

These past few days haven't been so bad because I have planned. I may have to go to bed early but I don't have unrealistic expectations. Just taking it one meal one day at a time.

Sun Godess and kilba78,

Surgery is tomorrow for me at 8:00. I am really excited but also nervous. I have told very few people (my husband, my Mom, my five closest friends and a co-worker who monitors leave time--I trust her). I work in law enforcement and people are EXTREMELY judgmental about physical appearance. I have tried to lose this excess weight for several years. I had great success with Weight Watchers several years ago and lost 80 pounds. I re-gained 20 of those pounds and have not been able to lose them since despite how good I ate or how much I worked out. I would track everything I ate, including Condiments. The harder I tried the less I would lose. I have lost and regained the same five pounds over and over again. Before the re-gain, I still had more weight to lose to be at a healthy weight. The people who are the most judgmental are the ones who have never had trouble with either losing weight or may not have ever had a weight problem. They can eat anything they want and still maintain a good weight. They think that surgery is the "easy way out" and that I am not "committed" enough to losing weight so it is my fault that I haven't lost. They don't see the struggle and the very determined efforts I have made over the last few years.

One of the friends I have told is going through process but is having the sleeve. She is doing her sleep study tomorrow and, if her process goes as quickly as mine, she should have surgery within the next three weeks. I also did not want the sleeve. For some reason that just sounded too drastic for me (not to mention permanent). At least with the band, if there were any unexpected medical problems down the road, the band could be "let out" and then "refilled" when I was better. I'm very healthy other than being overweight so I don't expect any medical problems, but you never know what the future holds.

I know that my weight loss with the band won't be as rapid as with the sleeve, but I am okay with that as long as I am losing weight. I know someone who had the band just over a year ago and she has lost over 100 pounds. I do know that she has lost this weight and has not exercised at all. I will be exercising so I do expect success. I exercised before this and will continue afterwards. I run/walk (in an attempt to transition to just running) and was doing that at least three times a week before my thyroid was removed on April 1, 2015. I am not fast or graceful, but I am out there trying. I have done 5Ks and want to do more but want to do them quicker. I hope that this weight coming off will help me get better and more motivated.

I am on day two of my Clear liquids diet. I went grocery shopping yesterday and got prepared for this upcoming week. I also printed the December calendar and wrote on it what I could eat each week so I could pre-plan for my meals and what I would need to buy before those weeks. I did buy unflavored Isopure Zero Carb Protein powder yesterday and tried it last night. I have used unflavored powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury in the past and liked it. The Isopure was good too. I mixed it in broth from chicken noodle Soup and it mixed very well. I could not taste it in the broth. The Unjury is the same way for me. I bought the Isopure because I didn't plan things good enough and could not get the Unjury before I needed it. The bonus of the Isopure is that I was able to get a 3 pound container so it will last longer. I was also able to buy it at a store so I saved on shipping costs.

I have to go work a very short job today (directing traffic for a church) but other than that I am just going to drink my meals and impatiently wait on tomorrow morning. I just want this journey to begin. Sorry for such a long post but it is so awesome to be able to "talk" about all of this with people who are going through the same feelings and emotions as I am.