Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved nov 9 iam on pures foods and tomorrow i can inteoduce all foods even tho i wont be able to i lost 20 lbs first week like clock work

Then i stoped i figured pureed foods mor calories would stop my stall it just make me go between 343 and 344 ive measured also and not lost any inch anywhere from week1

This is weird bc i didnt even do the pre op diet well i gained and now iam doing eveyrhing right

Iam bigger i should have atleast lost 1 or 2 more pounds yes 20 is wonderful but it was just in the first week i think i would have felt better losing the 20 over the 3 week period not just a lump sum and absloltly anything

I know theres stalls but one week and two week almoat 3 week stall? Ive seen where people have been sleeved one year and only 50lbs loss i didnt know this was possible makes zero since

Any advice

Please don't do this to yourself. You are still healing. You've lost 20 lbs. Follow your program, get in your fluids, and your Protein. Stay off the scale! The sleeve works, you just need to be patient and follow your guidelines.

Yes, a stall is very common about three weeks after surgery. Almost everyone experiences one about that time. Also, the duration of your stalls can vary. In fact, it's not really a stall as far as I'm concerned unless it lasts longer than a week, but, of course, I weigh no more than once a week, or less often.

Stalls are a normal, natural, and necessary part of the process. If you intend to lose a large amount of weight then you will experience stalls.

Just focus on following your program. Make sure you get in all of your Protein and fluids every day, take your Vitamins and supplements as directed, and exercise.

If you let the numbers on the scale drive you crazy, then the best thing to do is to stay off the scale.< /p>

Embrace the Stall!

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall

I barely lost until I was past 6 weeks. Once I was able to eat real food the weight fell off. Just follow your program, and stay off the scale.

I think people sabotage their own weight loss by stressing themselves out over the scale.< /p>

A lot of the stalls do occur at times when folks are making diet changes.

You stay on low calorie liquid only diet for almost two months and then transition to food. It's going to take a bit for your body to adjust again.

Be patient and let yourself heal.

The real diet and weight loss is ahead of you. You'll see......the weight will come off.

The ones you are referring two who only lose minimal weight after a year are probably not committed and eating all sorts of junk. Nothing will stop a patient from making dumb choices.

Stick with it and you will lose bigtime.

The infamous 3 week stall. It will pass. Look it from your body's point of view. Major surgery, still healing, and wacked out caloric intake changes. It's going to put the brakes on things until it figures out what is going on and adjusts. Keep with your program. It will be fine. I just broke my 3 week stall.

@@Munecagirl85 - stalls. Get used to them, stalls, they happen:/

There is no set time-line, number of pounds lost, etc for when a stall occurs.

Measure yourself, try on clothing that was snug - those are both NSVs (non scale victories).

Stay the course!

Get rid of your scale for now. weigh once a month or every week.

Edited by jane13

Wow - so many encouraging responses!!!! Thanks so much i weigh everyday its sooo hard not too even before surgery ive weight myself everyday most my life- didnt help me any lol-

Ill just put it up i need more walking in my foot has been hurt and stopping me some i will have to go to dr (infected corn from stepping in glass)

Iam excited once again :) i know this is a tool and iam excited to lose ive dieted since i was 8 no lie

Good to hear from someone going through the same thing I am. Love to read the positive responses.

@@Munecagirl85 My start weight was the same as yours. I thought since my weight was so high it was just going to falloff really fast but it didn't. Prior to WLS I had lost and gained the same 30-40lbs never able to get under 325ish. I sat at 325 for a while, then once I finally got past that point, the weight really came off. WLS help me break that set point I had for over 10 years. Right now I am losing on a regular basis.

You might be going through the same thing, just stick to your plan. Weigh and measure your food and get your Protein in. Make sure you drink plenty of fluids so you don't have Constipation issues. The weight will come off, your body basically has no choice except to burn fat for energy.

I had the my surgery the same day :) and your are right the first week and even the second i was just dropping like crazy but i have been on a stall for about a week now... i posted on another topic about this and a lot of people say its normal.. but it does get frustrating with the food and the stall sometimes i feel like i'm doing something wrong and my anxiety comes out and i'm scared of gaining weight.. but hang in there you're not alone and its a long process.. that's what i keep telling myself.. :)

Stall :

S = Stay

T = True

A = And

L = Love

L = Losing

As everyone says : EMBRACE IT ! Stalls WILL happen ... it's part of it ... But you will come out on the other side ... and you will be a healthier person for it :)

Best of luck !

I am 1.5 weeks post-op and lost 3.6 pounds (I think). It is a whole lot less than I thought, but staying patient.

I also believe I am way too low on calories as I am hovering around 250-400 calories per day. Add walking into that and I am really getting no nourishment. How many calories should I be striving for each day? My surgeon never told me.

I am 1.5 weeks post-op and lost 3.6 pounds (I think). It is a whole lot less than I thought, but staying patient.

I also believe I am way too low on calories as I am hovering around 250-400 calories per day. Add walking into that and I am really getting no nourishment. How many calories should I be striving for each day? My surgeon never told me.

You definitely need more calories, but that is not the primary goal. The numbers that you need to focus on are your Protein and fluids. Are you reaching your Protein and Fluid target? If you are reaching your protein goal then your calories should fall into place.

What is your protein target?

Are you reaching it?

Are you getting in at least 64 oz of Fluid a day?

Tracking your intake is the only way you will know how to answer those questions.

You definitely need more calories, but that is not the primary goal. The numbers that you need to focus on are your Protein and fluids. Are you reaching your Protein and Fluid target? If you are reaching your protein goal then your calories should fall into place.

What is your protein target?

Are you reaching it?

Are you getting in at least 64 oz of Fluid a day?

Tracking your intake is the only way you will know how to answer those questions.

Thank you so much. You are always so helpful!

My goals are 60g protein and 64oz liquids per day. I just looked at MyFitnessPal and I have met my protein goal all but 1 day. I'm not sure about my liquids, but am pretty sure I am low on those.

I will try harder to reach my liquids goal this week and going forward.