Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Did You Do on Thanksgiving?

How was everyone's Thanksgiving? This was my first holiday since being sleeved in July, and I don't think I did too bad. As I am still learning how to eat (meaning when to stop) since WLS, it was simple enough to mix in Thanksgiving to my learning. In essence, I handled Thanksgiving like I do every other day; I ate the best bites first, and stopped when I was full. Actually, I think I did better than I do most days because I was so determined not to "over-do" it. I had a taste of a couple of items; eating the dish(es) I had been looking forward to the most first. I determined early on that I would likely not get to taste everything, and I was ok with that (go figure). As I said, I applied my daily habits to Thanksgiving, recognizing that things are different; which includes holidays and special occasions. I ate more carbs than usual, and even had some pecan pie, but it was all in moderation. I did not overeat, nor did I stuff myself into misery as in previous years. All in all, I feel really good about everything, and I am very proud of myself. This is how I intend to handle all holidays and special occasions. Now back to my regularly scheduled program; lean meats, low carbs (i.e. no cornbread dressing), and exercise. I pray everyone else had a blessed Thanksgiving! Happy Holidays to you and yours!

From Thursday to Saturday morning, down 1.6 lbs.

don't think I did too bad

@

good for you

sounds like you are eating great/following all the rules :rolleyes:

having a few bites of different things, here and there

moderation, moderation, moderation

i think that's perfectly acceptable

especially if you go back to normal eating and drinking the next day (like you did)

common mistake by many

"they" think they will never be able to eat normal foods again

WRONG!!!

you will be able to eat anything and everything in moderation

after a certain time period/stage of eating

"maybe" an exception, can't think of one

68 lbs gone!!!

keep up the good job

kathy

congrats

@@Miss Mac

show off :D :lol:

you continue to do awesome!!!

86 lbs down!!

keep up the great job

kathy

congrats

Thanks. I can't believe how much food I used to put on my plate at Thanksgiving and then go back for seconds and dessert. Getting my sleeve was the smartest thing I have ever done.

Proud Grammy how long did it take for you to lose the last 10 lbs or so?

I did ok over thanksgiving, proud of your staying on track. I want my last few lbs off so I'm hitting the exercise

Thanks. I can't believe how much food I used to put on my plate at Thanksgiving and then go back for seconds and dessert. Getting my sleeve was the smartest thing I have ever done.

Yes Miss Mac, it was the smartest thing I've done too! I recently looked at a picture of a plate I had for a BBQ one July 4, and I was in awe! It would take me weeks to finish a plate like that now! So excited for us and our journey. We rock!

I went down a pound, lol. It's because I ate a little more than I usually do and I was really busy with family and shopping and stuff. Second Thanksgiving week where I lost and didn't gain weight! Thanks, sleevie!

I traveled for the holiday, which made me a little nervous because I didn't have the same control over food choices and preparation that I have at home, and I ate very small servings of foods that I don't usually prepare or even have in the house, but in the end I feel like I did OK, I didn't over-eat and I didn't begin grazing so I feel I've done pretty well (irregardless of what the scale might say when I get home :)

I lost a pound lol. First Thanksgiving sleeved. I had a taste of everything and that was it. No round 3 or 4 this year. Did a lot of cleaning and shopping so I stayed pretty busy instead of sitting around eating compared to past years.

I was down a pound as well! Tried little bites of everything I wanted to taste, however ran out of room before I could try all the foods. I told myself I could have pecan pie that day and I did, it was delicious! Sweets are my weakness, but I did okay. To quote @@Babbs, thanks sleeve!

I'm preop, and I've been working on logging everything into Sparkpeople and paying attention to stopping before I get overfull. I haven't avoided anything, but the stopping before I'm overfull has been very helpful. I'm down 2 lbs since Weds. Go figure!

Im really proud of how I did. I had mostly turkey. Brought my own low fat gravy. Little bit of stuffing- my weakness that I couldnt go without! A small amount of peas and sweet potoato that was it for the meal. I stopped when I felt full and had veggies leftover on my plate. It was really strange not loading up my plate twice with all the different foods that I usually have. I left the table feeling very satisfied and proud not bloated like I usually do on thanksgiving! Later I had sugar free pudding for dessert! Yum!

proud of your staying on track.

@@lmm300missouri

i lost about 95 lbs in 9 months

the last 10 lbs took about 3 month!!!

you have lost 81 lbs in 3+ months

that's amazing!!

the last few lbs frequently take a little longer to loose

i will be 4 years PO on December 15th!!!

3 years GOAL!!

maintenance has been a little hard for me at times

before you say you are "proud" of this proudgrammy

i will admit i gained weight a couple of months ago :angry:

and then a little more with thanksgiving

wanted to go back to liquids on friday

didn't happen

today is a new day

back on track now

i have confidence in the two of us!!

we will both do great

from my lips to Gods' ears

good luck to both of us

take care

kathy

8 months out and went off the rails for Thanksgiving. We hosted and I was giving away food as if I was feeding an army but my family wanted left overs. pumpkin pie is what killed me! Not sure if it is truly possible to gain 3 pounds in 5 days but that is what the scale is showing. Back on track today with Protein, protein, protein. Deep breaths :)