Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for someone to connect with after surgery

Hey everyone, I have bad news. my surgery is delayed. Went to go in for the pre-op admission to find our b ank cards not working. turns out during our travel to the hospital where i am having my procedure the fraud department flagged our account and shut it down. so i have to travel back home and wait for another available slot and deal with the bank. i am so bummed.

Hi, my sleeve is scheduled for December 29th, I am so excited!! I have already received my final surgical clearance and insurance approval! I have a two week pre-surgical liquid diet to do.

Amanda and Cookie, I am so so sorry that your surgeries were delayed.

JLVolkma, If you have room in your support group for one more, please add me too.

Sorry ive been MIA! Ive been traveling!

Ladee! I hope your surgery went well and you are recovering nicely! I thought about you yesterday when I was at all my appointments!

Shel, of course we do! Welcome to the group! If you don't mind sharing, what is your height and weight? I am also excited about my surgery. It'd so close now. And for you the time will fly by and it'll be here before you know it- good luck with the liquid diet!

Cookies, ugh insurance! I hope you get approval for next thursday. Such a bummer. :-(

Amanda, that is horrible news! Is everything situated and okay with your bank account?! That's frustrating and scary. :-( I hope they are able to squeeze you in soon. Did you find anything out yet?

I just want to update everyone on myself, (yet I feel bad doing it because I have only good news. :-()

I had all my last pre-surgery appointments yesterday and I am set. My surgeon seems really nice and I don't have to do ANY liquid diet. I just have to stop eating at 8pm on Wednesday. I'm so surprised with where all these rules are so different for people. Like some people have a 2 week liquid diet, some 2 days, and some none. What is the difference for these?? I guess who knows! Do any of you?

Hey everyone, sorry I have been MIA. We turn our trip into a mini vacation since I could not have the surgery. Looks like I won't be having it for some time as we will have to save up for plane tickets and all the jazz again, Being it was we were paying cash for the surgery. My husband suggested maybe trying to go through insurance and doing in our home country. How long y'alls waiting period for the surgery through insurance?

@@jlvolkma I am happy to hear that you have great news! I. So excited for you! From what I understand about the liquid diet, it has to do with the size of your liver. If it is enlarged the liquid diets helps shrink the liver to give extra room for the surgeon in the abdominal cavity.

The waiting period depends on the insurance plan you have and what your employer stipulates.

For instance, the insurance through my hubby's company has a 3 month requirement, my company has a 6 month requirement.

First thing I would find out from whatever insurance plan you have is do they cover bariatric surgery? If so, what are the requirements? Get the requirements in writing, have it mailed, emailed or printed off their website. Then start getting those requirements in. You'd be surprised as to how quickly time goes by.

HTH

Everyone has a fatty liver, the pre-op diet differences is doctor's choice. There is no one governing thinking as to whether or not to do 2 weeks, 2 week, 1 day or nothing after midnight.

Hey everyone :) I was sleeved on 12/2. Here's my stats:

Start weight: 315

Surgery Day: 298

I'll have my 1 week post-op appointment tomorrow, I'm anxious to see where my weight is at. I wish you all good luck on your journeys!

Cookies, ugh insurance! I hope you get approval for next thursday. Such a bummer. :-(

Amanda, that is horrible news! Is everything situated and okay with your bank account?! That's frustrating and scary. :-( I hope they are able to squeeze you in soon. Did you find anything out yet?

am approved and having surgery tomorrow

Hi bri! Nice to meet you! How have you been doing?! Pain at all? I'm excited to see your progress as well! I get sleeved on thursday!

I'm doing very well pain-wise. I was actually relieved that my pain level hasn't ever been above about a 4 for me. I was able to be up and around within an hour or two of getting into my room and walking the floor, which did help me with gas bubbles.

The hard part for me started after I got home - I've been having a hard time getting my liquids and Protein in, my tummy just gets SO full so fast.

I have created a secret Facebook group called December 2015 Sleevers. I will post the link below (hopefully that will work). If not, I believe the group is searchable as typed above, or I can invite people by e-mail address also :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1051676404876572/

Edited by Half of Bri