Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Phentermine after gastric sleeve

Hi @kindle. My nutritionist and surgeon are at one of the leading research centers for bariatric surgery in the world in New York. In fact the practice pioneered the sleeve surgery as part of the 2 step ds surgery. I know this is hard to accept and I don't like medication either but there is much support for using medication along side bariatric surgery in some cases. Many would say that bariatric surgery is drastic! Anyway I took every drug in the book and much prefer to stay away from meds if possible but I would never judge someone else's journey or process.

OP needs to chime back in. Yes phentemine has been used in the past to treat weight loss. It's a key component in the Phen-Fen drug that was popular many years ago. Many people took it under medical supervision and some bought OTC versions. It lead to a class action suits since many people got sick and died using it. OP doesn't provide enough info in her post to say what other things she has tried, if she food logs or if she has been in contact with her nutritionist. I would strongly advise against taking weight loss pills based on the info that has been provided. For all we know, OP is just in the midst of a stall and panicking.

Well, for me, I had WLS in order to be healthier. Taking a drug that raises my blood pressure and increases my chances of cardiac disease kind of defeats that purpose.

Thanks anyways, but I'll stick with a healthy diet, smart food choices and physical activity to keep my weight off. THATS what I signed up for. And if a bariatric patient is having difficulty following the guidelines, their doctor ought to be prescribing counseling or therapy, not drugs.

And what I gather from the OP, this is someone early out of surgery, not someone struggling with long term weight gain. She only has two posts...one asking how soon they can drink soda and the other how soon they can take amphetamines for a little "pep". That was the scenario I assumed from the post and what I based my response on.

Edited by Kindle

I took this before its for appitate control if ur not eating now its pointless to take your body maybe in starve mode so you need to do thenopposite

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches