Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well guess what!!! You now are. I have been slipping on carbs and I need to stop. I made a plan and I need to stick to it damn it!

I can now see that post and slap my own hand when I need to!!!!

When you talk about eating carbs, what do you mean? Like how many a day? I fear carbs only because I am a type 2 diabetic, and carbs have not been my friend for over 16 years. I will eat some carbs though, but I count them out. I am only on Metformin now 1000mg. I used to be in two types of insulin as well, but I am off of them. My blood sugar is not where I want it, but it's getting there!

Do you use My Fitness Pal? It is great because you can log in all of your meals and it lets you know how many carbs, fats, etc. you have had for the day. Sometimes I am in shock when I read how many carbs I have had, and that's when I realize I need to slow down.

How is your exercise coming? I am doing alright with it. I just need to make sure I stay consistent.

Has all the snow gone away in your area?

@@Pea523 hi there! I am supposed to have maximum 65 g of carbs a day. I go over sometimes. I never go over 900 calories so I don't worry about it.

I am on metformin too. He lowered my dose to 500 a day. I need to go get blood work in the next few days. Maybe I can get completely off.

We STILL have snow on the ground. It has only been in the 30s and 40s so it has been slow melting. I am definitely tired of cold weather.

How are you?

Oh my exercise... Forgot to mention it because it is non existent almost :(. I did walk 1.3 miles today. Glad yours is going alright.

When you say you never go over 900 calories it made me think. I am 2 weeks out. 2000 calories is normal. 1200 is dieting. 900 is probably a stretch of we eat all our meals. My question is will we always only eat like 1000 a day?

@@Pea523 hi there! I am supposed to have maximum 65 g of carbs a day. I go over sometimes. I never go over 900 calories so I don't worry about it.

I am on metformin too. He lowered my dose to 500 a day. I need to go get blood work in the next few days. Maybe I can get completely off.

We STILL have snow on the ground. It has only been in the 30s and 40s so it has been slow melting. I am definitely tired of cold weather.

How are you?

Sorry to hijack this post, but how long are you post op? I was told I couldn't take metformin after surgery because it's XR.

@pea523. Thank you! Hopefully I won't need to go back on it.

I can't think of anything..... I followed my pre and postop diets to a T. And since then I don't have a "do not eat"list. Anything and everything in moderation. There is no such thing as cheating in my world, only choices. No guilt, no regrets.

I love your motto: "only choices"! This means, I am fully accountable for what goes into my mouth. I alone bare full responsibility for my actions.

I enjoyed every stinking morsel of the sees candy that came my way for birthday/Christmas.

Never part of my routine, but if I could, I would bathe in it.

Obviously, I do not keep it in the house as it is a sirens song to me!

...... I alone bare full responsibility for my actions.

Yep! And if everyone thought that way our courts would be a lot less crowded and lawyers would need to find a new line of work. But that's a rant for another day.... ;)

I usually only cheat during pms week but last month it was almond thin Cookies and while sugar free it's still high in fat. This month it's lays plain potato chips. Caught myself eating some yesterday and decided to toss the entire bag in the trash can.

Edited by cal2okl