Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've been eating 2 Club Crackers each day with Laughing Cow cheese on them. I can have crackers per my diet but I am a little scared of eating carbs. I don't want crackers to become a habit!

I can't think of anything..... I followed my pre and postop diets to a T. And since then I don't have a "do not eat"list. Anything and everything in moderation. There is no such thing as cheating in my world, only choices. No guilt, no regrets.

I try to avoid even using the word "cheating". it's a dieting mentality and I don't want to diet anymore. Its why I still food log. I plan for everything I put in my mouth. Tonight I planned for a small slice of pie and a cup of tea. That why I could have it without guilt or shame. Tomorrow I will have a glass of wine because I am going out. I will adjust my eating for the day accordingly.

Cheating, binging and dieting are a thing of the past for me.

I try to avoid even using the word "cheating". it's a dieting mentality and I don't want to diet anymore. Its why I still food log. I plan for everything I put in my mouth. Tonight I planned for a small slice of pie and a cup of tea. That why I could have it without guilt or shame. Tomorrow I will have a glass of wine because I am going out. I will adjust my eating for the day accordingly.

Cheating, binging and dieting are a thing of the past for me.

This is just perfect.

food SHOULD NOT be our enemy anymore!

Two glasses of wine.

Don't even care for the stuff, but was enjoying myself at a gathering.

Oh, there has been plenty. Cookies, candy, fried food, wine... My nut says I'm eating too much sugar and too much fat.

But at the same time I did this surgery to be happier and I think as long as I stay on course 90 percent of the time, a few indulgences here and there should be allowed. Life is too short!!

And really it's made no difference in my weight because I always get back on track. The important thing is consistency and accountability.

I am able to eat what I want when I want. With that being said, now I can eat one bite of a chocolate bar and give the rest to my kiddos and never feel that I am on a diet as I don't want anymore. A few M&M's, a Jolly rancher as I am working out. Whatever, the difference is I don't eat a whole bag of candy or whatever. Just a few bites and I am done.

Honestly, once you are cleared for all foods (you are fully healed) there should be no such thing as cheating. The priority is getting in your daily Protein and Water, but if you have a snack after you met those goals, it isn't cheating. This is your new life, not a diet. In the real world people eat a cookie or have a glass of wine occasionally. If you eat it more than occasionally or are not meeting your goals because of the other foods, then you are only hurting yourself. That's only cheating yourself, but not technically cheating on your diet.

Diet is an ugly word. We all had surgery so we could stop dieting. Instead we make CHOICES. Do I choose to eat this cupcake or do I choose to use that little bit of tummy space to get another 30g of Protein in me today? That's the choice and you live with the consequences.

Diet makes it sound temporary. This is forever.

I think the larger issue is trigger foods. I was banded for 14 years prior to revising to VSG and there were foods that were a "slippery slope" for me. They would awaken the monster and I could not have just a little bit. Those are the things I am watching out for. Sweets do that to me so I avoid them but don't think it is cheating to have them. I am not having sweets outside of an occasional sugar free pudding because of that.

To be honest, as long as you are not grazing all day and the food you eat isn't ultra high carb or ultra high fat, your body would laugh at you if it knew you thought eating a special thing was cheating. And, if its a rare and not daily occurrence, your fine!!!

-RC-

What's the one thing you've eaten that you probably shouldn't?

Whatever it was.........was cheating myself.

Like sitting at the poker table and tossing my own chips on the floor.

The goal here is to lose and get into shape. There is no food on this planet that is worth compromising me reaching my goal.

Getting relief from my back pain.......easier bending of the knees.........better performance in all categories.......is a WIN that I'll not shortcut with some flavor. Success tastes best of all.

Best wishes.

@@Dub I love that response! I should screenshot it and make it my background!!!!!!

@@Dub I love that response! I should screenshot it and make it my background!!!!!!

:) I'd love to be in your background.

Well guess what!!! You now are. I have been slipping on carbs and I need to stop. I made a plan and I need to stick to it damn it!

I can now see that post and slap my own hand when I need to!!!!