Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My first surgeversary!

Today marks 1 year since my surgery date and I haven't look back for one second.

It hasn't been easy, but it's the best decision I have ever made for myself.

I have lost a little over 33kg (around 72lb) which makes me just over half way there

If anyone is undecided - please take the plunge, it is so so so worth it.

I'm attaching a couple of photos so you can see the difference and how amazing I feel - The collage is a comparison shot taken exactly 12 months apart, and the second is a picture taken of me a friends wedding a couple of weeks ago...

Have an awesome weekend everyone.

post-230007-0-45445700-1448589451_thumb.jpg

post-230007-0-89416100-1448589481_thumb.jpg

Hi there and congratulations -- you look great! I think you were banded on US Thanksgiving -- so much to be thankful for all-around. Best wishes for continued success. So glad you're here!

Beautiful!

Happy bandiversary????

Great year. You look very healthy. And happy

Aren't we so glad they came up with a great tool??? That works!!!

and if you plan right, it does NOt come back

Keep us updated.. We need a community for long term fun in my simple opinion.

Great results. Congratulations on the hard work paying off.

OMG, you look awesome!!! Congrats on your success!

Congratulations. You look great. I was a Dec. 2015 bander. I love the band.

I was banded end of Sept of 2015 and have had 2 fills .. First one was 2 weeks ago at 5cc and one this week at 1.5cc. I've not lost any weight since the surgery .. I did loose 15 lbs since starting the process in 2014. I honestly don't feel any different. I get thirsty while eating and its been a hard habit breaking. But I'm progressing.

What might be the issue?

Hi Shar362. I said a lot during the first 6-12 months after surgery that it was more the choices of food I made and not necessarily the band as to why I was losing weight as I wasn't feeling a whole lot of restriction until I got my Fluid levels right. Now they are at the right level and over the Christmas period I haven't made the wisest food choices and haven't shifted any weight in a few weeks. Maybe have a look at what you are consuming and if can be tweaked a little. Good luck..

Edited by Miss Meg

You look great

Miss Meg - great job on your weight loss. Saturday 2/6 is my one year mark. I'll weigh on Saturday to get an official weight, but I've lost 79lbs. I felt like I should've lost more the first year considering the past few months has been gain/lose the same 5-10lbs. After reading your post, it makes me feel better because I feel like my first year was maybe more successful than I first thought. I started the 5 day pouch test today because I need a reset. I'm looking forward to seeing how this works for me. Day 1 went well and I even got a good workout in today.