Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Pittsburgh Pa Sleeve people out there?!?

I went to my second visit this past Thursday and found out my thiorid is way high so I was put on sinthroid and have to get more labs done again in 2 months.

My next step is psych, gyne overview, boob squish, endo, scoped and treadmill heart test but since I have a broken foot it will be done in a bed with meds to stimulate my heart. I'm getting there. 2 months down 4 to go! Also down 4 pounds since first visit!

Well that is no good about your thyroid but at least you're getting it taken care of now. And it's kind of good you get the stress test in bed. I had one on treadmill before and thought I was going to die. But that's great you've lost 4 pounds so far! Keep up the great work. Having all those tests and things to do help the time go by

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thanks Megan! I was shocked about my thyroid results. My last lab work was about 3 years ago and all was fine. But I am always tired and always cold so guess that makes sense. I also gained 30 pounds in 6 months and I blamed in cause I lost a job and broke my foot but I guess it was more than that. I said I will know more about my body after this than I ever did or would!

Ya I can't imagine running on a treadmill! I would probably pass out! I forgot the sleep apnea test also. So much but your right, it will help pass time!

My experience was very positive. The surgery was on time and I was in my room a few hours later. I was really doped up and didn't feel any pain but I was aware that I was given IV meds for nausea.

Around midnight I was up for a walk. The hardest part was getting into/out of bed. That first night they wake you damn near every hour for this or that.

DAY ONE POST-OP

Surgeon and other doctors were in to check up on me. IV fluids continued. By that point I had only used the Morphine pump 12 times since the start so it was discontinued. I was taken by wheel chair down for the Barium swallow to check for leaks. This test is very unpleasant but necessary. Back to the room for a nap.

I woke and felt good. Started the sipping of fluids in little medicine cups. I think i went for three walks during the day and slept on and of at night.

DAY TWO POST-OP

I was discharged today around 2:30 PM. Prior to discharge I had a couple more walks, got a shower, and dressed in sweats and a t-shirt. I was given liquid narcotic pain meds for pain. I did use a dose prior to the ride but have not needed it since.

AT HOME

I'm two days at home now. Pain is maybe a 2 out of 10. The hardest part still is getting up from a seated position. First day I slept a lot and only got 59 ounces in. Today I was up by 9am, my wife took me to a store so I could walk a bit more. It's almost 11:30 PM now and I'm headed to bed with 76 ounces in for the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am so impressed with you!!! You did amazing and your progress is fantastic! Thank you for your report too! That's a huge help to know what you did and how they did things for you. Good for you!!! Keep up the great work!!! Onto day 3!

Any of you have Instagram? My username is frankencupcakes I follow a bunch of people who have had the VSG for inspiration and ideas :)

I do! I forget my name on there. I think it's claddaghgirl. I just linked to you. If anyone else wants to link to us feel free!

Edited by claddagh66

@Jodi_

Do you have Instagram?

Yep, just started following you! :)

Yay! How is everything going, ladies? I've got 4 days left!!!! All my food funerals are planned, and I bought some stuff for after surgery (robe, GENEPRO, extension cord for my hospital stay, etc) getting kinda freaked out, honestly, but staying focused on the after surgery good stuff :)

Congrats! I am scheduled for the 23rd of December and am waiting for my insurance approval. I'm having my procedure done at Magee with Dr. Ramanathan. His team is fabulous and I'm so excited.

Merry Christmas to you all!

Rachel

Yay! How is everything going, ladies? I've got 4 days left!!!! All my food funerals are planned, and I bought some stuff for after surgery (robe, GENEPRO, extension cord for my hospital stay, etc) getting kinda freaked out, honestly, but staying focused on the after surgery good stuff :)

How exciting!!!!???????????? 4 days!!!! It's gonna come so fast! Enjoy those funerals your going to!???? So funny how we do things like that. I am super excited for you! Please check in when you can and keep us posted!!! I wish you alllll the luck on a great experience!!

Congrats! I am scheduled for the 23rd of December and am waiting for my insurance approval. I'm having my procedure done at Magee with Dr. Ramanathan. His team is fabulous and I'm so excited.

Merry Christmas to you all!

Rachel

Hi Rachel Pittsburgh! Best of luck to you! Your day is right around the corner! I've heard good things about this doctor. My surgery will be at west penn. not happy about that... But as long as all goes well I'll be aright. Are you getting nervous yet?!?!

@@Rachel Pittsburgh, I'm having my surgery at Magee as well. Dr. Hamad will be doing mine. Surgery not scheduled yet. It was supposed to be January, but I had a hiccup in today's endoscopy that might delay me 8-10 weeks.

Good luck to you!