Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Pittsburgh Pa Sleeve people out there?!?

Today is 12/17/15! How are all the Pittsburgh peeps doing??? Anyone have any updates?

I'm supposed to get a mamo today just to make sure and did my sleep study a couple days ago????. My psych, nut and pa followup is scheduled for Jan 7th. That will make 3 months down for me! I am so looking forward to feeling better! Looking at May!????

Doing better everyday here. Yesterday was miserable with the gas pains after surgery, but I definitely feel a difference. I walked and walked and walked around my floor... And the gas pains didn't move out. Keeping up on the pain meds made a difference yesterday too. It's pretty easy to get the liquids in, thankfully. Diluted apple peach juice is my fave as well as Decaf Irish Breakfast tea.

How are the rest of yinz doing?

Doing better everyday here. Yesterday was miserable with the gas pains after surgery, but I definitely feel a difference. I walked and walked and walked around my floor... And the gas pains didn't move out. Keeping up on the pain meds made a difference yesterday too. It's pretty easy to get the liquids in, thankfully. Diluted apple peach juice is my fave as well as Decaf Irish Breakfast tea.

How are the rest of yinz doing?

Beck Gal!!! So so glad to hear all went well with you yesterday!!! I was thinking about you! Are they giving you anything for the gas to help it move? I've heard others say that's the bad part.

Awesome you can get liquids down easily! Were you afraid to try at first???

I'm impressed your sounding so upbeat! GO YOU!!!

There's really nothing they can give you for it as far as they say while you're at the hospital. I kept walking and walking and walking and nothing helped. I wasn't afraid to start liquids because I was so damn thirsty, I just immediately started on ice chips and then worked up from there. Legs are a little crampy, but it'll get better.

I guess I'm upbeat about stuff because I made this decision and I'm working through it as best I can. Im sleepy and feeling a little beat, but I'm just staying focused on liquids and moving around every hour or so...

It'll be better soon!

I think that would be a great idea. I'd love to hear how other people are making it work and to share some experience with those still waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh Becky I love how you think! Keep up the great work! Hope your tummy issues get better quickly!

I would love to meet everyone too in January! Can we all meet at Century III Mall? Is that good for everyone? Make some suggestions and we can decide where to meet and what day. I would like to get in a walk so that's why I'm thinking a mall.

Your thoughts?

Rachel

That's fine with me but I can't walk around. I have a fractured foot and a ruptured tendon ????

The location works for me but as to what day I need to wait until after new years to see about my schedule and let the holidays calm down.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I'll be free after the new year up until the 17th. I go back to work on the 18th. :) we should make this happen!

Also, i weighed myself this morning... 11 pounds down from when I got to the hospital on Tuesday. Now I'm sure my scale is a bit different than the medical scales, but not that much!! So woohoo!!

Awesome job Beck Gal. How does Saturday January 9 work for everyone? Maybe morning-ish?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Sgt7546

I'll be free after the new year up until the 17th. I go back to work on the 18th. :) we should make this happen!

Also, i weighed myself this morning... 11 pounds down from when I got to the hospital on Tuesday. Now I'm sure my scale is a bit different than the medical scales, but not that much!! So woohoo!!

Wow!!!! That is so great!!! How have things been for you? You seem to be doing great! So so happy for you!!

Things are going well. Getting my Protein and fluids in isn't a problem. Just using the right products to get you to the magic number set forth by your surgeon. I had a couple bites of broccoli Soup tonight because I couldn't stand anything more sweet for the day and it's going fine so far.

I went out shopping today for about 2 hours and that was not the smartest. I was beat when I got home and didn't feel so great from just being out and trying to walk normal and quicker than I should have. Lesson learned.

A nap helped that though. :)