Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everybody just curious im 3 months post op and i have lost 50 pounds to me i feel like im not losing enough weight can u guys share how much weightu have lost for 3 months in just trying to see if im doing ok

Thanks in advance

My three month surgiversary was Nov 17. I have lost 57 lbs. I lost about 12 lbs in the two weeks pre-op. Now I am only losing about 12 lbs per month. I just told my doctor on Friday that I really need to step up my game and he said " no don't" and proceeded to tell me that I'm right where I am supposed to be. If I keep losing 3 lbs per week (and I fully intend on doing so) for the next 12 weeks then I will still be down 92 lbs at the six month mark. Celebrate your success. Focus on your success and it will breed more success. Keep up the good work!

50 pounds is a lot.

I am 4 months and I have lost over 70lbs. It didn't seem like a lot until the last 10 lbs. I am actually happy that is came off slower than what some people post here, because my skin is tightening as I go. I am not getting too flabby looking or feeling. The last 6 weeks have been my best weight loss, losing about 30lbs in that time period. Partially because I can easily make goals and I can also easily be very active without it seeming like work or exercise, it is very natural at this point. My energy is boundless. Give it time, you might surprise yourself.

Please don't compare yourself to other people. If your surgeon is happy with your progress then you are doing well.

We all lose at different rates. We all have different starting weights, ages, genders, medical conditions, metabolisms, physical capabilities, etc. No two people will lose the same.

Just focus on following your program, getting in all of your Protein and fluids, taking your Vitamins and supplements as directed, and exercising.

You are doing fine. 50 lbs is a good weight loss. Everyone loses at his/her own pace.

We all lose at a different pace, depending on our metabolism, environment, and compliance with diet and exercise targets. I'm nine weeks post-surgery and have been traveling extensively for the past several weeks. I've managed to lose at a rate of about 2 pounds per week during that period. That doesn't seem like a lot but given that I've not been able to totally control my diet (too many restaurants and business meals) as well as not being able to exercise regularly I'm happy with that result.

As long as the scale is moving down things are headed in the right direction.

I'm 3 months and 50 lbs as well. I'm very pleased with the rate I've been losing.

Hi everybody just curious im 3 months post op and i have lost 50 pounds to me i feel like im not losing enough weight can u guys share how much weightu have lost for 3 months in just trying to see if im doing ok

Thanks in advance

I am 3 mos on the 1st and I'm down 36# from surgery but 50# total since my preop diet. So you are doing great. When have you ever lost 50 in 3 mos?? Not everyone loses at the same speed. Your body knows what it needs to do. Keep plugging along. And congrats on 50#!

My three month surgiversary was Nov 17. I have lost 57 lbs. I lost about 12 lbs in the two weeks pre-op. Now I am only losing about 12 lbs per month. I just told my doctor on Friday that I really need to step up my game and he said " no don't" and proceeded to tell me that I'm right where I am supposed to be.

Also, doesn't that allow time for us to build muscle, by burning fat? I read the reason some people have a lot of flab is bcuz they lose the weight too fast to build muscle. I'm Curious.

I'm at 3 months, 5 days and just reached the 55 lb mark. Comparing yourself to others is dangerous though. Compare yourself instead to what you would be weighing now if you hadn't embarked on this journey. That's guaranteed to put a huge smile on your face and will keep you motivated. And one last piece of advice that I've seen here and have adopted with great success: I don't use the word 'only' when talking about weight loss. "I lost 55 lbs!" Sounds so much better than 'I've only lost 55". Celebrate your achievements!

You are correct about burning fat and building muscle. I weighed 350 pre op and now weigh 203. I have a lot of loose skin. I work out like crazy but I know it will not ALL firm up. Ever! I weighed 350 for close to 25 years. I compare it to a Water balloon. If u fill up a balloon and immediately release the water, the balloon will closely return to it's original shape. If you leave the water in for 2 days then release the water the skin will be very wrinkled and stretched out. So..... The higher the starting weight and the longer the person was overweight, the more damage there is to the skin. It will improve with exercise and time, but if your weight was similar to mine, don't expect miracles. Don't worry about the skin. You are getting healthy and that's the main thing.

Edited by cindi gant

Don't worry! I am just over 70 lbs down from when my pre-surgical food changes started on June 1, but "only" 35ish from my surgery date. If worried the way some people do, I'd be freaking out that I wasn't losing enough. Instead, I'm just enjoying the ease of the experience, and appreciating that my body is having plenty of time to adjust to the changes. Also, I could not keep up with the clothing needs if I were losing faster! Most of my clothes are custom made (Yay, eShakti.com!) and take a couple of weeks from order to when they arrive. If I were losing any faster, I wouldn't be able to order things that still fit me when they arrived! :-) As it is, I have to guess where I will be in a couple of weeks, measurementwise. :-)