Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's been almost 4 months I am down 75lbs I am definitely happy with the results but not about losing my hair. :( Any suggestions I am thinking about cutting it down very short I am still debating on it I have never cut it pass my shoulders but I feel like having it long will only make it worse as I continue my brushing, untangling, ponytails etc.. I am currently taking Biotin n double the dosage so 10,000 not sure if that's enough. I really am trying not to stress it :'(

Am 1 year out and my hair still falls out how ever am taking the same amount as you but I notice I have little hair growing alot.. and stress makes it worse...

You know I guess everybody is different I only lost 70 pounds and my goal was 90

My hair was falling out when I would brush it after the shower or after styling it. I could run my hands thru it and I would have quite a bit come out. I have a lot of hair but I could tell it was thinning big time when I would put it up in a pony tail but otherwise you really couldn't really tell just by looking at me. I am almost 11 months out (Nov 27th) and I would have to say it slowed down to almost stopping falling out between month 8 & 9. I have pretty much always gotten my Protein in and take my bariatric Vitamins religiously, but I haven't used anything else.

Hang in there, in the long run it is a small price to pay for the great tool you have been given, ( I know easier said than done) Focus on your loss so far you are doing great!! It bothered me a ton before surgery and I thought I was going to be one of the lucky ones cause the fall out didn't start till around month 5.

I'm 5 months out and have been losing a lot of hair for 2 months. My doc says it's hormones. My periods are irregular too. I take Biotin, maca (herb for hormones) and black currant (herb for hair loss). I figure I'll cover all my bases. I've heard nothing really helps and the Hair loss should slow down or stop after 2-3 months. My hair is wispy and just funky. It comes out in clumps. I'm not stressing, but hoping it stops falling out soon. Good luck.

Because of the trauma of surgery and/or fluctuating hormones, more of your hair follicles enter a "resting" phase (which is part of the normal growth cycle). When new hair starts growing, it pushes the old one out of the follicle. Completely normal and expected. Give it time and you won't be losing as much.