Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Unjury, blech - I believed you guys!

I drank mostly Isopure powder, either vanilla or chocolate, before surgery. I still like both of those (careful to get the zero/low carb ones b/c they make high carb ones too) I also like Syntrax chocolate truffle, and their Peanut Butter cookie is OK too.

I bought some powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored but have not managed to put it in anything that disguised the taste so far, and don't like it.

I also bought several flavors of the Isopure clear drinks before surgery, for the Clear liquids weeks and think they are horrible now! I do love their tea flavor but it has caffeine.

So many people here raved about the Premier Protein rtd so I had my son pick up a case at costco, only to find that while it tastes OK, my stomach does not like it at all. It's got lactose in it so watch out if you are lactose intolerant.

I HATED Unjury - nasty tasting, and even trying to choke it down, it made me throw up it was so foul tasting to me. I gave it several tries, but something is definitely off as far as I was concerned. Even the smell makes me gag.

I know the feeling! I have 4 other flavors from them and am dreading the taste test. My daughter had no sympathy. She not only laughed every time I made a face, she pointed, too! Pointing while laughing just adds insult to injury. (Okay, she didn't point, but she did snicker at the faces I made.)

@@BLERDgirl

I just switched from unjury to Isopure Carb Free Protein powder. The taste is in line with Unjury, but it's a cost thing. I take a double dose of Unjury and my daily cost with milk is over $3 with Unjury it's about 1/2 that with Isopure. My only concern is that it does not have a PDCASS score on it, and that bodes poorly for it.

@@BLERDgirl

I just switched from unjury to Isopure Carb Free Protein powder. The taste is in line with Unjury, but it's a cost thing. I take a double dose of Unjury and my daily cost with milk is over $3 with Unjury it's about 1/2 that with Isopure. My only concern is that it does not have a PDCASS score on it, and that bodes poorly for it.

Email the company and ask. They were very responsive when I emailed them asking if using the powder in warm things like Soups or coffee would denature it. I'd be interested to hear the response. I'm trying to cut back on how much I supplement, but I like having the powder on hand for days when I'm not really hungry.

I've been using Quest nutrition banana cream. It's been one of the best I've tried so far and less than 2grams of sugar per serving. I've also been using Tera's whey dark chocolate which is fantastic. The quest has I think 21 grams of Protein per serving and the dark chocolate has 20. I also have some Unjury on hand, chocolate and vanilla as well as the multipurpose quest Protein Powder. I've found that I absolutely cannot mix the Proteins with Water. I have to do them with milk. I am still preop so this may change post op. I've spent hours scouring Amazon for deals on protein powders and so far in my opinion the quest has been a great deal. I'll be ordering a few more of the flavors they have. I tried the unjury strawberry and it went straight down the drain as the smell of it was terrible could not bring myself to actually sip it!

I've been using Quest nutrition banana cream. It's been one of the best I've tried so far and less than 2grams of sugar per serving. I've also been using Tera's whey dark chocolate which is fantastic. The Quest has I think 21 grams of Protein per serving and the dark chocolate has 20. I also have some unjury on hand, chocolate and vanilla as well as the multipurpose quest Protein powder. I've found that I absolutely cannot mix the Proteins with Water. I have to do them with milk. I am still preop so this may change post op. I've spent hours scouring Amazon for deals on protein powders and so far in my opinion the quest has been a great deal. I'll be ordering a few more of the flavors they have. I tried the Unjury strawberry and it went straight down the drain as the smell of it was terrible could not bring myself to actually sip it!

The strawberry is horrible. Try Classic Chocolate in a glass or Fairlife milk for a real treat!

I've been using Quest nutrition banana cream. It's been one of the best I've tried so far and less than 2grams of sugar per serving. I've also been using Tera's whey dark chocolate which is fantastic. The quest has I think 21 grams of Protein per serving and the dark chocolate has 20. I also have some Unjury on hand, chocolate and vanilla as well as the multipurpose quest protein powder. I've found that I absolutely cannot mix the Proteins with Water. I have to do them with milk. I am still preop so this may change post op. I've spent hours scouring Amazon for deals on protein powders and so far in my opinion the quest has been a great deal. I'll be ordering a few more of the flavors they have. I tried the unjury strawberry and it went straight down the drain as the smell of it was terrible could not bring myself to actually sip it!

Depending on where you live you may also want to check out Vitamin Shoppe and GNC. They both have membership cards although you pay for GNC's. The coupons and discounts make it worth it. If you buy something you don't like, it's easy to return with a receipt.

I've been using Quest nutrition banana cream. It's been one of the best I've tried so far and less than 2grams of sugar per serving. I've also been using Tera's whey dark chocolate which is fantastic. The Quest has I think 21 grams of Protein per serving and the dark chocolate has 20. I also have some unjury on hand, chocolate and vanilla as well as the multipurpose quest Protein powder. I've found that I absolutely cannot mix the Proteins with Water. I have to do them with milk. I am still preop so this may change post op. I've spent hours scouring Amazon for deals on protein powders and so far in my opinion the quest has been a great deal. I'll be ordering a few more of the flavors they have. I tried the Unjury strawberry and it went straight down the drain as the smell of it was terrible could not bring myself to actually sip it!

Depending on where you live you may also want to check out Vitamin Shoppe and GNC. They both have membership cards although you pay for GNC's. The coupons and discounts make it worth it. If you buy something you don't like, it's easy to return with a receipt.
I will look into that! As much as I enjoy the ones I have now I am tiring of them!

The strawberry is horrible. Try Classic Chocolate in a glass or Fairlife milk for a real treat!

I've been using airline and lactaid milk. I've gotten the chocolate splendor from unjury and I do like it but I am a dark chocolate fanatic!

I've been using quest nutrition banana cream. It's been one of the best I've tried so far and less than 2grams of sugar per serving. I've also been using Tera's whey dark chocolate which is fantastic. The quest has I think 21 grams of protein per serving and the dark chocolate has 20. I also have some unjury on hand, chocolate and vanilla as well as the multipurpose quest protein powder. I've found that I absolutely cannot mix the Proteins with Water. I have to do them with milk. I am still preop so this may change post op. I've spent hours scouring Amazon for deals on protein powders and so far in my opinion the quest has been a great deal. I'll be ordering a few more of the flavors they have. I tried the unjury strawberry and it went straight down the drain as the smell of it was terrible could not bring myself to actually sip it!

The Strawberry is horrible. Try Classic Chocolate in a glass or Fairlife milk for a real treat!

I've been using fairlife and lactaid milk. I've gotten the chocolate splendor from unjury and I do like it but I am a dark chocolate fanatic!

Just please please be careful most premade shakes , and i say MOST not all, are loaded with sugar and carbs. low in carbs high in sugar or vice versa. stay away hard! Personally i used the Isopure only in two flavors, the alpine punch and the orange, but my goto has been the Syntrax i go through a lot of it i have mug cakes twice a day now ( if you want the recipe look under my posts or ask ) and i love several flavors, the Nectars in lemonade and fuizzy navel, and the choclate matrix and the Cookies and cream matrix and Cappuccino nectar sweets are my favs. i literally have them twice a day every day. and ive done well so far. But like everyone says your tastes may vary and after that first liwuid diet phase things taste a lot different later as well. i like the Vitamin shoppe because you can return even the big tubs of product if you dont like it, ( just do so right away and save your recipt)

Pre surgery I like Unjury chocolate. I have tried it again post op. I use their unflavored in pudding a lot to add Protein and I can't tell there's anything else in there.

Commercial Protein Drinks really really gag me. I have tried them all. However, I take one of the 100% whey powders (I use EAS brand from Target, 24 g of Protein per serving) and mix it half and half with non fat powdered milk. I mix it with warm Water in a water bottle and then refrigerate it for a day, making it super cold. I can't say I love it, but it does not gag me.

Try Isagenix but make sure your dietician approves

I need a drink on the go...pre mixed.Any suggestions?