Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Unjury, blech - I believed you guys!

@@songsmith

Uh-oh, of course I knew you were joking. So was I, but the worst thing to do is explain a misconnect.* One of us was on the uptown bus while the other was on the crosstown.

* But I will anyway. You meant that you'd be the bitchy one, right? I put it on him to be the bitchy one banished to a motel until he gets over it. See? Nothing so sad as a failed jest.

Edited by WLSResources/ClothingExch

<crop>

* But I will anyway. You meant that you'd be the bitchy one, right? I put it on him to be the bitchy one banished to a motel until he gets over it. See? Nothing so sad as a failed jest.

Yes, yes. I definitely would be the bitchy one. After 35 years, hubby knows when to keep quiet. (Also a joke--truth, but joke.) I love forums, but always worry something I say will be misconstrued because there's no way to gather visual cues or because (worse) my mind thinks faster than I type and I left out a crucial word or two. I'll be fine once I figure out the bus schedule.

. I'll be fine once I figure out the bus schedule.

Cute.

I know what you mean about the visual and auditory cues, but I pretty much stopped worrying about that long ago. Much of what I write is to keep myself entertained during (durian)? the tedium of typing.

We've been getting along so nicely, so let's not worry about an occasional miscue. I think we know that, no matter what, no harm was intended.

@@songsmith --

P.S. 35 years? A grown-up! It's so nice to find you. Not that a great many of us don't go in for WLS.

Yep. I'm a grup. I wish I'd had WLS years ago. I never thought my insurance would cover it, so didn't look too hard into things.

@@songsmith

Check into the ones that the doctors office sells. We have the same surgeon and I used the ones made special for the office. The vanilla is outstanding and the chocolate Peanut Butter isn't bad either. When you go to your preop nutrition class they will let you sample them. Also they are very reasonably priced.

You know, I meant to buy some while there last week and completely spaced it. I'll make my way back and get a small sample. Oh, wait. I'll wait till the class. Thanks for the head's up. (Better to sample for free and not spend money on something I may not like. Still need to try the remaining Unjury flavors. Just because I didn't like one doesn't mean I won't like the others.)

Has any one tasted Bolthouse shakes? I bought one in Target the other day in fridge section. vanilla Bean. I loved it. Just don't know yet how to buy a case.

Edited by padremama

Has any one tasted Bolthouse shakes? I bought one in Target the other day in fridge section. vanilla Bean. I loved it. Just don't know yet how to buy a case.

CAREFUL!!! The Bolthouse Farms ones are super high in carbs. The vanilla one has 29g carbs (28g sugar) and only 16g of Protein in 200 calories and that's for 8 fl oz. The bottles are almost 16oz so that's 400 calories, 56g sugar and 32g Protein if you drink the whole bottle.

post-194772-14485985725847_thumb.jpg

I have purchased Protein bars from our very own BariatricPal Store and they sent me 4 samples of single serve Syntrax nectar. By the way their prices are better than the previous place mentioned in this post.

I HATED Unjury - nasty tasting, and even trying to choke it down, it made me throw up it was so foul tasting to me. I gave it several tries, but something is definitely off as far as I was concerned. Even the smell makes me gag.

Edited by FrankiesGirl

Has any one tasted Bolthouse shakes? I bought one in Target the other day in fridge section. Vanilla Bean. I loved it. Just don't know yet how to buy a case.

CAREFUL!!! The Bolthouse Farms ones are super high in carbs. The vanilla one has 29g carbs (28g sugar) and only 16g of Protein in 200 calories and that's for 8 fl oz. The bottles are almost 16oz so that's 400 calories, 56g sugar and 32g Protein if you drink the whole bottle.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1448598558.651443.jpg

Thanks!! Sometimes I just forget to read all the info. I already threw the bottle away.

Sorry, have to laugh! I think we've all been there, done that with Protein shakes!

The tastes of Protein shakes and powders are so subjective, like BLERDgirl said! Sometimes I recommend various ones to people, but I also include a warning that my tastes might be different than theirs…and also that their tastes may change after surgery so don’t stock up too much when you’re still pre-op!

The only real strategy is to keep trying. Do your best to try to get samples and to buy small amounts so you don’t end up wasting too much!