Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Unjury, blech - I believed you guys!

:D Seriously. I'm pre-preop and am sampling Protein drinks/powders so I will know which ones I like when the time comes. I went by my doctor's specs and from there ratings. powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury always had a lot of good ratings, so I ordered my samples.< /p>

Ew? This is on the vanilla. I find there to be a super strong during taste. If there's an aftertaste, the during completely blocks it out! Anyway, to each her own. I won't be investing in Unjury for my diet. (Just, blech. Had to share.)

For those who wonder, Syntrax (only tried the chocolate so far) and Isopure (plain) have been the best.

LOL,

Taste is subjective. When it comes to Protein drinks and shakes you have to try them for yourself. People RAVE about Premier Protein and I find them disgusting. Conversely, I like Isopure No Carb drinks and many people find them vile.

Keep sampling until your find what you like.

unjury, blech - I believed you guys!

@@songsmith

you listened to us :o

that was your first mistake LOL

never listen to what anyone says!!! :huh:

(except me of course!! LOL)

i llllllove the GNC Total Lean shake 25 gr Protein

already mixed in bottle

delicious - swiss chocolate is to die for

@@BLERDgirl likes isopure!!! EEEEK

some call it isopuke!!! LOL

luv ya anyways ;)

but bud if you like it - that's great!!

glad you like Syntrex

it's true all our taste buds are different

what's good for the goose, might not be good for the gander!!!

good luck with surgery

kathy

Remember that a lot of us have experienced a change in taste after surgery so don't purchase too much right now. I hated the Premier before surgery but now like it.

@@songsmith - I haven't tried the flavored only the unflavored and I add it to foods (salsa, scrambled eggs, tuna, etc). I agree with the others it is subjective and CAN change so don't buy too many at one time, especially pre-op.

good luck!

I actually start my pre-op diet tomorrow and had the same experience when I was sampling different Protein drinks. I knew I'd better find one that I liked so I went thru about 6 different ones and finally found one I could live with. I like the WonderSlim from Bariatric Choice. It can be a shake or a pudding depending on how you prepare it, At first the smell when preparing it turned me off a little bit, but when I started to drink it I was like wow this is the best one so far. There were some I could tolerate if I needed too but I tried one last week and thought I was going to vomit. It's all about what you like. Good luck to you on your journey. :)

@@songsmith -- "I find there to be a super strong during taste. If there's an aftertaste, the during completely blocks it"

What is a "during?" The closest thing I know is durian. Please 'splain what you mean.

Edited by WLSResources/ClothingExch

My favorite WonderSlim was the cranberry. I made it up with sugar free cranberry juice. Odd about the unjury products; I like the vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, and chicken Soup, but it was the unflavored that I could stand. I got my best flavor tolerances from the Syntrax products.

@@WLSResources/ClothingExch, I meant that the taste is so nasty while I'm drinking it (during) that my taste buds are too stunned to notice if there's an after taste! :D

I put my finger on it by the time I finished it. Have you ever been prescribed a strong penicillin type antibiotic that had a certain smell to it? That's what this stuff reminded me of! I'll still try the other sample flavors. You never know from one type to the next.

Had to laugh, though. I had high hopes for unjury. (Seriously, do they realize how close their brand sounds to "injury"? Not the best association! :D ) Many moons ago when I was power lifting, I went through the Protein drink search, so I know to check them all out before I need to rely on them. YMMV definitely holds for taste preferences.

@@songsmith -- Thanks. Yes, some drugs and Vitamins are rank, as is durian when not handled properly.

Partly because I'm banded and partly because I've had no trouble planning meals that meet my proteen objective, I haven't had to use supplements. Just before and for a few weeks after surgery, I used powdered Muscle Milk Light (the ready-to-drink has your "during" odor/taste, I thought), but I suppose it provides less proteen than the products that are usually discussed.

We have 2 weeks liquid diet pre-op and then a certain period of liquid after, then pureed and finally solids with the sleeve. Supposedly I won't feel so hungry post-op, but my husband has considered renting a motel room for the two weeks' prior witchiness!

@@chilepeppr4 - Some do. You can email them and ask. Some sell single serving packs. Most places accept returns of unused portions if you keep the receipt.

@@songsmith -- Grow up! You can say "bitchiness." And if he wants to be bitchy, he should go off by himself.

@@chilepeppr4 -- Also ask at your surgery practice if they have samples that the manufacturers send them.

Edited by WLSResources/ClothingExch

Hmmm, I don't think you get my sense of humor. My husband has been super supportive; I was joking. As for the other, thanks for granting me the youth I lack. I have yet to grow up and I hope I never do!