Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm thinking for me it was the one month mark. It wasn't much, just a nibble at a time though. My wife used a lot of cauliflower to make "rice" and she also used it to make a Pizza Crust mixed with cheese. By 2 months, I think I was able to actually eat all of those veggies normally; albeit slowly.

Im going to jump on this because I have the same question. Or more of what veggies didnt sit well. i didnt take my lunch the other day and ate a salad from Wendys which was pretty good. First salad Ive had since my WLS

I had my WLS in March but had problems so I was pushed back a few months before I actually started my liquid diet. I was kind of nervous to try new foods so I stuck with the same things over and over. I am still like that now. I didnt experiment that much until recently

Veggies cooked really well like carrots, cauliflower, Beans, peas at the puréed stage.

I could not tolerate salad until I was almost 5 months post op. It just did not sit well. Now, I eat a lot of salad and my pouch loves it!

Fibrous veggies like broccoli and Brussels took me a lot longer and those have to be cooked to soft even now.

I love my veggies. I have 2 bites of veggies for every 1 bite of Protein which is what my nut taught me. She has always been focused on a balanced meal.

I've been eating really well cooked veggies since about a week post-op.

I started eating *certain* raw veggies about 7 weeks post-op.

A lot of veggies will be hard to eat no matter how far post-op you are.

Mostly veggies containing high amounts of insoluble Fiber are warned against. Even for individuals without WLS issues. Broccoli, cauliflower, most greens, green Beans, cabbage, Brussel sprouts, were foods I was told to stay away from until at least six months out. Unless they were cooked really well but even then they may cause some distress.

Also, they don't contain a lot of Protein so a few bites will feel you up, but not allow you to hit your Protein goals daily.

Cauliflower if delicious pureed! I think I tried at 8 weeks out. I also have pureed broccoli at about the same time.

I was able to have both cooked and raw veggies such as salad, broccoli cauliflower (not pureed) at about 8 weeks out did fine. Some of the things I had a hard time with and stay away from is raw carrots, corn and anything stringy like raw celery.

Broccoli is actually a great source of Protein so I try to add that into my meals whenever I can.

Guess I am going to find a meat and 3 restaurant for lunch and have a vegitable plate.

A word on salads - in a pinch or every once in a while regular lettuce salads are OK. But if you need a salad more often (like me) learn to like kale. Nutritionally dense, especially compared to iceberg lettuce. Also, salad dressings are very high in calories that don't really bring much to the table for us. If you are at a place with a salad bar, just get the "goodies" instead of the lettuce. Broccoli, peas, eggs, cheese, etc...

@@jane13

Nope you are right, I wrote it wrong. 2 bites of Protein for every one bite of good carbs like veggies or fruit.< /p>

Thanks for catching it!